So how much $$$$ are you going after?

Camel Toe Juice

I was 10% when I was young and I had only 2 upper showing, friends who were closer to 6-7 had 6 or 8 pack showing.

When I was 25 I got momentarily more ripped but I have no recollection if my abs where showing, it was not so important to me...

Now I am closer to 99% Occupy wallstreet fat level than sixpack. :drunk: But hey, going to gym just next so there is some will left.

///totally offtopic.

And after changing much lanes in life I got from being at the middle of ladders that I don't want to climb to being at the first steps of the ladders that I want to climb aka being entrepreneur centered around graphic design.

So first step will be getting financial stability even and then I will see what's there to grab more. But even now easily at least 90% of my money goes to cars so that's slightly unhealthy obsession. But hey what is a hobby if it does not suck you dry. I would not be in Lambo Power if I did not want to be successful and wealthy, and it is literally thanks you to everyone here that I did bite a bullet and start as entrepreneur.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooooooooooooooooooo should we just rename this thread or start a new one on abs? :lol2:

No shit wheels lol. And you arent decently showing abs at 12%.

Fortis had mentioned about doing crunches and some light working out as part of his quest for abs, so I thought I'd mention that additional muscle building can help aid fat loss.

Haha, at best you are showing some "lines", but not magazine cover 6 pack at 12%.

And 12% is pretty lean, and what many guys who claim to be 6-8% actually are. :lol2:

Yeah I wasn't thinking like magazine cover, I just meant like visible. Magazine cover yes, you definitely need to get a good deal below 12%.

Regarding goals, my longer-term goal is to start a manufacturing company. I also want to start some other companies in other industries as well, but I love manufacturing as a subject so I want to get into that. I would like to maybe get into making workholding and toolholding products for machine tools, and the other products. My goal is to find a very small niche of a product first and start making that (maybe not even in manufacturing, but something) and then build from there.

Fortis had mentioned about doing crunches and some light working out as part of his quest for abs, so I thought I'd mention that additional muscle building can help aid fat loss.

Yeah I wasn't thinking like magazine cover, I just meant like visible.

Um no, you're way off base on every point here. More muscle mass consumes more energy but doesn't "aid in fat loss". Also you need to be in a caloric deficit for fat loss to occur, which is exactly the opposite of the conditions for building muscle. Doing both at the same time is virtually impossible for regular people. Doing a billion crunches doesn't do much for building serious core strength, it certainly helps endurance but adding muscle mass is almost entirely related to lifting very heavy things while eating a shit load of food.

You want to build muscle in your core, squats and cleans.

Visible abs are more likely 8%, 12% means you just have a flat stomach. "magazine cover" is 4-5% along with some photoshop help.

Soooooooooooooooooooo should we just rename this thread or start a new one on abs? :lol2:

Yes. Wheels just slammed a double C4, got pumped up after reading some dated issues of muscle & fitness, and will be back shortly for a 3200 word post on how his knowledge base of fitness exceeds that of bricklaying or even lightbulbs. :shock:

If this wasn't a gold thread already, it will be before the day is over. :lol2:

Haha, at best you are showing some "lines", but not magazine cover 6 pack at 12%.

And 12% is pretty lean, and what many guys who claim to be 6-8% actually are. :lol2:

I have to stop smashing the kitchen :icon_mrgreen:

Regarding goals, my longer-term goal is to start a manufacturing company. I also want to start some other companies in other industries as well, but I love manufacturing as a subject so I want to get into that. I would like to maybe get into making workholding and toolholding products for machine tools, and the other products. My goal is to find a very small niche of a product first and start making that (maybe not even in manufacturing, but something) and then build from there.

When?

Yes. Wheels just slammed a double C4, got pumped up after reading some dated issues of muscle & fitness, and will be back shortly for a 3200 word post on how his knowledge base of fitness exceeds that of bricklaying or even lightbulbs. :shock:

:lol2:

When?

next turn after Go.

damnit so easy, i was gonna tell emanon he's wasting time and here I am doing same shit =/

next turn after Go.

damnit so easy, i was gonna tell emanon he's wasting time and here I am doing same shit =/

Wasting time? How dare you! Are you not entertained? :jerry:

Um no, you're way off base on every point here. More muscle mass consumes more energy but doesn't "aid in fat loss". Also you need to be in a caloric deficit for fat loss to occur, which is exactly the opposite of the conditions for building muscle. Doing both at the same time is virtually impossible for regular people. Doing a billion crunches doesn't do much for building serious core strength, it certainly helps endurance but adding muscle mass is almost entirely related to lifting very heavy things while eating a shit load of food.

Visible abs are more likely 8%, 12% means you just have a flat stomach. "magazine cover" is 4-5% along with some photoshop help.

I used to weight lift while doing cardio for weight loss on off days.

Thinking about just sticking to cardio for this next weight loss goal. Basketball, biking, jogging.

Bad idea to cut out the weight lifting? Main thing is, I have a bad back . A lot of the lifts aggrovate it, keeps me out of the gym all together.

I used to weight lift while doing cardio for weight loss on off days.

Thinking about just sticking to cardio for this next weight loss goal. Basketball, biking, jogging.

Bad idea to cut out the weight lifting? Main thing is, I have a bad back . A lot of the lifts aggrovate it, keeps me out of the gym all together.

Lifting + Cardio is great for fat loss and muscle retention. Im a proponent of lifting above cardio, outside of the endurance effects for basic exercise.

Me personally, i wouldnt cut out the weight lifting. Drop the weight and focus on insanely good form to protect your back. (Check with your doctor or a very well qualified sports therapist to review your specific conditions). But a stronger back and core will only help you on a day to day basis.

How does jogging feel? Im a big guy with bad knees so my running is only on a good treadmill and a couple miles at a time. Cycling is awesome but less total body involvement.

Lifting + Cardio is great for fat loss and muscle retention. Im a proponent of lifting above cardio, outside of the endurance effects for basic exercise.

Me personally, i wouldnt cut out the weight lifting. Drop the weight and focus on insanely good form to protect your back. (Check with your doctor or a very well qualified sports therapist to review your specific conditions). But a stronger back and core will only help you on a day to day basis.

How does jogging feel? Im a big guy with bad knees so my running is only on a good treadmill and a couple miles at a time. Cycling is awesome but less total body involvement.

swimming.

That's exactly what I've been doing.

I was only squatting 135lbs when I tweaked something in my back. I'm going to get back at it on Thursday, back should be better by then, but man, I need to see a new Dr.

I've had this injury since 2011 and it still hasn't gotten better.

Jogging is great. Hard at first, but then your body adjust to it. I'm also a big guy, so I try to cycle or jog on soft surfaces, such as a rubber track or grass. Good shoes are a must.

With cycling, yes, it's a lot less body involvement, but man, my legs get huge from cycling. Lots of good mountains around here to keep me fit. Cycling is just too time consuming at times, but I love it.

For me, weak core and flexibility seem to be issues. I might try some yoga to help with this.

Do you like lifting heavy/lower rep range for a cut or in the lower weight/highier rep range? Maybe both?

:icon_mrgreen:

Nobody wants to talk about money anymore LOL

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

giphy.gif

Ok if you want to talk money:

I must say the passive monthly income goal I set all of those years back for myself I achieved and surpassed last December.

Do I want more? everyone does.

Do I care as much? honestly I don’t.

Am I consumed by it as I was? No.

Was it worth it? short answer yes.

Was it necessary? Yes and know.

Did my life change dramatically after the goal was reached? No.

Am I less concerned about my financial future and stability? No (it’s psychological)

Do I spend more frivolously? Perhaps

Do I look for unnecessary crap to buy? Kind of.

Do I buy it? Most of the time no.

Would I advice others to follow the same path? Short answer yes (highly dependent on your personality)

Do I think money brings you happiness? Hmm, in a weird way yes because it should make you content therefore more relaxed and as a result you should be happy unless you are a miserable prick then all bets are off.

My final advice based on my own experience, never chase a number it’s highly irrelevant and overrated just like the stats on all our cars, which one is faster, handles better, my 720S is faster than your insert car of your choice here etc. utter nonsense, chase the experience and enjoy the ride, you can be broke and happy, you can be rich and an unhappy miserable person and vice versa which type you are it’s entirely up to you.

Don’t wait to live your life until you reached a self imposed goal, live your life always and live it with no regrets.

That’s all I can say about money and chasing the ever elusive level of wealth everyone always dreams of.

Now back on off topic, my abs are not getting better by me sitting on the iPad LOL

I tell the wife that I’m going to semi-retire in the next couple of years.

You know..... cut down to about 40 hours a week.

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

You are right that you need a caloric deficit to lose fat and a caloric surplus to build muscle, but my thinking was that building muscle increases your metabolism and thus can help to burn fat, at least from my understanding. I never said anything about recommending crunches. I said that Fortis said he was doing those things, and I was mentioning that building muscle can help with fat burning.

I think you would be surprised at my knowledge of fitness :)

When?

Hopefully soon. Am finally in a position where I should be able to start saving up some money to start an enterprise, so will work out a plan and take the dive.

Hopefully soon. Am finally in a position where I should be able to start saving up some money to start an enterprise, so will work out a plan and take the dive.

You will not have enough time in your life span to save enough money to start an enterprise.

You will not have enough time in your life span to save enough money to start an enterprise.

Plenty of people have saved for some time then started their business.

Ok if you want to talk money:

I must say the passive monthly income goal I set all of those years back for myself I achieved and surpassed last December.

Do I want more? everyone does.

Do I care as much? honestly I don’t.

Am I consumed by it as I was? No.

Was it worth it? short answer yes.

Was it necessary? Yes and know.

Did my life change dramatically after the goal was reached? No.

Am I less concerned about my financial future and stability? No (it’s psychological)

Do I spend more frivolously? Perhaps

Do I look for unnecessary crap to buy? Kind of.

Do I buy it? Most of the time no.

Would I advice others to follow the same path? Short answer yes (highly dependent on your personality)

Do I think money brings you happiness? Hmm, in a weird way yes because it should make you content therefore more relaxed and as a result you should be happy unless you are a miserable prick then all bets are off.

My final advice based on my own experience, never chase a number it’s highly irrelevant and overrated just like the stats on all our cars, which one is faster, handles better, my 720S is faster than your insert car of your choice here etc. utter nonsense, chase the experience and enjoy the ride, you can be broke and happy, you can be rich and an unhappy miserable person and vice versa which type you are it’s entirely up to you.

Don’t wait to live your life until you reached a self imposed goal, live your life always and live it with no regrets.

That’s all I can say about money and chasing the ever elusive level of wealth everyone always dreams of.

Now back on off topic, my abs are not getting better by me sitting on the iPad LOL

Well know that you've made a post no one can follow up... :eusa_dance:

Swimming is the best workout you can do without stressing your joints. So does everyone here have a new goal of getting six pack abs?

Plenty of people have saved for some time then started their business.

You are talking about wanting to make billions not open up a sandwich bar, anyway, please tell me more about starting up and building up a very successful business.