So how much $$$$ are you going after?

Camel Toe Juice

You think so?

Remember you will not be spending at the same level if you do don't even bother chasing it, it will just be a number in the bank :icon_mrgreen:

It is not money one should be chasing, it is a combination of things, having money doesn't mean much, you can be miserable if you are a billionaire and on top of the world if you call a tent in a park your home.

Money gives you security and obviously nice things, you can do without the nice things, the best thing you get is the felling of security/safety.

Success is what I am chasing money ALWAYS follow, how much of it? As long as I don't lose Who cares? I certainly don't, I spend whatever I get without touching the cash cow, I add a new cow every chance I get but without risking the wellbeing of the cows I already have in the stable :icon_mrgreen:

don't get too fixated on certain amounts strive for success.

Thats why I waited until the 3rd page and after I posted what I am really after to post the money part. :icon_mrgreen: Very good post though.

My number will definitely change over time, but I don't need to upgrade everything to enjoy my life and feel like I have succeeded. My definition of success can be found in my post earlier in the page. Being the best at whatever you do should be everyones goal everyday. Most people settle at some point. Thats why most people lose.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck to you I sincerely mean it, I want you to do whatever you feel comfortable with as I said we are all different when it comes to taking risks.

Having said that I feel you are quite negative about things, I know some will call it being cautions but I say negative :icon_mrgreen:

Until you change your mind set you will be your worst enemy.

I am not asking you to go out and risk everything you own I am only saying that you should give yourself a lot more credit and take few chances if you believe in yourself, have a positive attitude and never say it can't be done.

I don't mean to critique you please accept my apologies if it comes across that way.

No need to apologize. I feel I am cautious given the recent collapse. I used to be the type that would go out and spend frivilously and invest frivilously (My second home which we had a long discussion over). :icon_mrgreen:

My mindset will change slowly as my perception of the Macroeconomic situation changes for sure. :icon_thumleft:

Just need to be ahead of the next bull market instead of being behind it. :lol2:

BTW how is that second home Mike? You have it tenanted?

You are a good guy good things will come your way.

still rented out... Still getting people every single day including my accountant telling me I'm an idiot for keeping it as far underwater as it is, and feeding me the benefits of a short sale or loan mod.

Only paying a little out of pocket, and hoping it stays rented for another 24 years.

Trying to keep it until it's paid for.

still rented out... Still getting people every single day including my accountant telling me I'm an idiot for keeping it as far underwater as it is, and feeding me the benefits of a short sale or loan mod.

Only paying a little out of pocket, and hoping it stays rented for another 24 years.

Trying to keep it until it's paid for.

If you want PM me some figures I will have a good think about it and let you know my honest opinion.

You think so?

Remember you will not be spending at the same level if you do don't even bother chasing it, it will just be a number in the bank :icon_mrgreen:

It is not money one should be chasing, it is a combination of things, having money doesn't mean much, you can be miserable if you are a billionaire and on top of the world if you call a tent in a park your home.

Money gives you security and obviously nice things, you can do without the nice things, the best thing you get is the felling of security/safety.

Success is what I am chasing money ALWAYS follow, how much of it? As long as I don't lose Who cares? I certainly don't, I spend whatever I get without touching the cash cow, I add a new cow every chance I get but without risking the wellbeing of the cows I already have in the stable :icon_mrgreen:

don't get too fixated on certain amounts strive for success.

I see you are quite interested in this unique life style design opportunity. What good luck you have, my dear Fortis, because we just launched a promotion to take you to the "top of the world*" and bestow the nuggets of happiness upon our clients.

* - top = tent

world = park

I like you Fortis, can you talk more about Success - what do you define it as, positive ROI, deal going through, fame, topless women in a limo?

I don't know about OP's question, Cartman has this topic come up every 6 months or so, probably because he is wondering what he's missing.. but young+ money > old + money

Rawr I was actually thinking about you when I posted that :lol2:

I remembered your camping adventure, were you happy or not?

Very interesting thread, thanks for the info.

Having money and the freedom and time to genuinely enjoy it in good health is the aim for me.

I am currently changing my mindset from conservative employee type of work and lifestyle which has got me nowhere to agressive entrepreneur. For me it's a big switch to make, a big change in mindset especially the risk comfort levels. I can see why most people don't seem to comprehend it or never try.

No idea about the levels of money required, let's see how greedy I get in the future :icon_mrgreen:

Rawr I was actually thinking about you when I posted that :lol2:

I remembered your camping adventure, were you happy or not?

Of course I was.. I was in a cool city with a great friend enjoying new experiences. Like you said money gets you comfort, I had a time when I had enough and I would feel good when I reminded myself that I had x amount in the bank - so what, that wasn't happiness just less pressure on where to get the next meal from.

I have to wake up in 4.5 hours and go to work, not really happy about that, see how money and happiness aren't related?!

Happiness is good health, friends, someone who understands you, and a purpose of some sort.

Ok Rawr the rest of my post:

Ok I will write a book about what success means for me :icon_mrgreen:

Some people think amassing a lot of $$$ means success, I am of a different opinion.

I have a very simple lifestyle, no smoking,drinking or other expensive habits, other than my cars and now thanks to few members here watches :lol2: other than that I spend very little money on myself, actually I spend more money on others than I spend on myself, when I say others I am talking about people outside my family.

I don't care about money at all, I had less than zero, now I have enough, if I were to lose everything I got I wouldn't be happy but I wouldn't be devastated either because I know it would not take me long to do it again.

I remember times in my childhood when my mother worked three shifts to provide for us, she was making nothing in the factory, we had no money but as a family we were very happy and had a very good life, life is how you make it, irrespective of how much money you have in the bank unless you are paralysed or terminally ill if you are willing to work hard you have no reasons to complain.

So we established that I don't need a lot of money for myself :icon_mrgreen: now that enables me to work without any pressure, in my life money becomes secondary to a successful transaction.

The things I enjoy the most:

Seeing an opportunity where many can't see one, turning dust into gold, working against the grain, when someone tells me it can't be done I will not rest until I prove them wrong.

The inner workings of a transaction and the art of negotiation, I LOVE it, my absolute passion. I formulate plans of attack in my head before I go into a negotiation, it is like a friking drug for me :lol2:

Nothing gives me more satisfaction than seeing how every move that I make disarms my opponent until they are like a deer in the headlights at that point I would be willing to give their money back or whatever they had to give up to strike the deal, that's how much satisfaction I get from the "game"! :icon_mrgreen:

That defines success for me, money always comes along, how much of it as I said before not very relevant, to me anyway, generally from a deal you can walk away with a lot more than just immediate $$$, long-term benefits which could potentially bring you a lot higher return than the amount you would be willing to settle for now, I place a lot of value on having the ability to envisage it.

I know this will sound cocky but money is embarrassingly easy to make, I honestly don't see what the big deal is, being successful isn't that easy making money is very easy,hardest thing thereafter is hanging on to them :icon_mrgreen:

In relation to fame, I hate it, I hate showing off, bragging, I don't like to stand out I love to be left alone so I can fade in the background.

Having $$ makes you an outcast in most situations, specially in a country where "the tall poppy syndrome" is considered a national sport.

Limos, women it's all gone my friend I am a married man now :icon_mrgreen:

Confusing enough? :lol2:

Good posts Fortis. I agree with Fortis, Mike. It seems like you have more than enough money to start a business with your current financial situation. No need to wait 3 years. Who knows what will happen in 3 years. There are a ton of business ventures you can start. You don't need to start the next Google. Niche markets are every where, there are thousands of businesses you can start that don't require much investment. You can have said business as a hobby and if it starts picking up momentum and becomes profitable you can quit your regular job and focus 100% on your own business :)

Some people think amassing a lot of $$$ means success, I am of a different opinion.

I have a very simple lifestyle, no smoking,drinking or other expensive habits, other than my cars and now thanks to few members here watches :lol2: other than that I spend very little money on myself, actually I spend more money on others than I spend on myself, when I say others I am talking about people outside my family.

I don't care about money at all, I had less than zero, now I have enough, if I were to lose everything I got I wouldn't be happy but I wouldn't be devastated either because I know it would not take me long to do it again.

I remember times in my childhood when my mother worked three shifts to provide for us, she was making nothing in the factory, we had no money but as a family we were very happy and had a very good life, life is how you make it, irrespective of how much money you have in the bank unless you are paralysed or terminally ill if you are willing to work hard you have no reasons to complain.

So we established that I don't need a lot of money for myself :icon_mrgreen: now that enables me to work without any pressure, in my life money becomes secondary to a successful transaction.

Seeing an opportunity where many can't see one, turning dust into gold, working against the grain, when someone tells me it can't be done I will not rest until I prove them wrong.

The inner workings of a transaction and the art of negotiation, I LOVE it, my absolute passion. I formulate plans of attack in my head before I go into a negotiation, it is like a friking drug for me :lol2:

Nothing gives me more satisfaction than seeing how every move that I make disarms my opponent until they are like a deer in the headlights at that point I would be willing to give their money back or whatever they had to give up to strike the deal, that's how much satisfaction I get from the "game"! :icon_mrgreen:

That defines success for me, money always comes along, how much of it as I said before not very relevant, to me anyway, generally from a deal you can walk away with a lot more than just immediate $$$, long-term benefits which could potentially bring you a lot higher return than the amount you would be willing to settle for now, I place a lot of value on having the ability to envisage it.

I know this will sound cocky but money is embarrassingly easy to make, I honestly don't see what the big deal is, being successful isn't that easy making money is very easy,hardest thing thereafter is hanging on to them :icon_mrgreen:

In relation to fame, I hate it, I hate showing off, bragging, I don't like to stand out I love to be left alone so I can fade in the background.

Having $$ makes you an outcast in most situations, specially in a country where "the tall poppy syndrome" is considered a national sport.

I bet you can't make a flying car. :icon_mrgreen: This is very cool, seems like you found what makes you tick and are exploiting it to full extent. Why do you think most people don't see the opportunities you do? Inexperience, laziness, etc? Cheers

I bet you can't make a flying car. :icon_mrgreen: This is very cool, seems like you found what makes you tick and are exploiting it to full extent. Why do you think most people don't see the opportunities you do? Inexperience, laziness, etc? Cheers

I can make a flying car, it's called The Aeroplane :icon_mrgreen:

I think the answer to your last few questions is, instinct.

Fortis-sent you a PM last night.

Slow and steady wins the race. I know there are people here that will disagree with that and they've proven otherwise, but my definition of success will differ from a lot of people. I have a few small companies all of which are perfectly profitable. They all basically run themselves with minor tweaks from me from time to time. I sleep in when I want, I travel when I want, and am 5 years away from being able to buy pretty much anything I want. Right now I have more than I could ever want and enjoy giving away more than I spend on my own toys. I have found great favor in my walk with God. Would I love to be a billionaire? Sure, but I'm not gonna kill myself doing it. I REALLY enjoy life. I used to work 18 hours a day sometimes 7 days a week and found that I hated life. So I said never again!!! Life is good! 10mil in stocks/mutual funds could pay me $45-50k a month for the rest of my life, once I hit that number, I'd love to be 100% debt free in personal and business and then REALLY enjoy life. My $.02

Very well said Fortis, one should aspire to have that kind of mindset.

I find that money is the greatest psychological number game there is, and to see what people are willing to do for a particular number still amazes me. Some may use that number to inspire and motivate, while others will allow themselves to be consumed by it.....but only a few are able to see passed it.

Perfect example: 100k/month income is only impressive if you compare it to what the average guy around you takes in. But in a world where 40 million may not get you a house with a decent size lot (Hong Kong), or the price that you paid for a lambo can only get you a honda accord somewhere else.....better yet, even a billion may not be enough to get you a loaf of bread in some parts of Africa....it's hard to say what amount is enough.

I'm not saying that money is not important. It has provided for me and my family and I am grateful for that. I just think that money should be seen as a tool rather than a goal, and that it's your skill, knowledge, and mindset that determines whether you are successful or not.

Although I am nowhere near the success level of some of the members here, I still managed to get myself debt free early on and starting to setting up my cash calves so that their passive incomes could take care of me and my family quite comfortably.