Aventador sold out?

qvpower

I believe Lambo is going down the right path with the introduction of the LP700. So much negativity here. What they don't want to happen is the scenario that has been too familiar the last 3 or 4 years, and that is cars sitting on dealer lots being discounted just to get them on the road and killing the resale market.

Wether it will work or not, time will tell but the car is hot and for a run of the mill superexotic, it is priced right and imo the most important thing, there is a dealer network that can support the car.

So, let's give Lambo some kudos for at least trying to fix what did not necessarily work in the past and stop the constant bashing that has been going on for the last while.

Were were you when we were batting this for 82 pages in the main thread! :lol2:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pete,

No, you will not see a 2012 car until either late December or early January. Then '12 cars will run through the whole year until the end. It is unusual, unless they are doing a mid year special edition model, for Lambo to roll a car early. Not impossible, but you will not likely see a 2013 car until just before 2013. Hope that helps.

Chris, my intent is not to be contrarian, but the folks here at the show--lead sales folks say the demos hit in late April/Early May. Customer cars will follow, likely starting in June. They will be 2012 models. I asked this question several times because of the conflicting data that is out there including blogs and the auto-rags. They (HQ/factory folks) refute this and say, late Spring/Summer deliver with badged 2012 MY.

I believe Lambo is going down the right path with the introduction of the LP700. So much negativity here. What they don't want to happen is the scenario that has been too familiar the last 3 or 4 years, and that is cars sitting on dealer lots being discounted just to get them on the road and killing the resale market.

Wether it will work or not, time will tell but the car is hot and for a run of the mill superexotic, it is priced right and imo the most important thing, there is a dealer network that can support the car.

So, let's give Lambo some kudos for at least trying to fix what did not necessarily work in the past and stop the constant bashing that has been going on for the last while.

They talked about this today. This is pretty good plan. You guys have all heard it here before. Needless to say, the orders they have so far (this is customers with money down worldwide) is enough to support sales through 2013. Cars will likely not be discounted which will help with residual values. If there are open slots out there, folks should jump on them becuase worldwide sales are strong. I would get that some of the US cars may find their ways back overseas and this may only complicate the US market but will reinforce residual values since US will get such a small volume (~15% of production).

http://www.gtspirit.com/2011/03/06/ferrari...ld-out-in-2011/

Initial information is stating that the first year production run of the Ferrari FF and Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador are sold out. This information is revealed just after the official public release of both sports cars at the Geneva Motor Show last week and even before the cars are heading to dealerships around the world.

All 800 Ferrari FFs planned to be produced in 2011 are sold, according to Ferrari CEO Luca Cordero di Montezemolo. The car will be priced at $ 359,000.

The Aventador is the Sant’#### Bolognese, Italy-based carmaker’s most powerful series production vehicle ever. The supercar is priced at $ 370,000. They are planning to produce between 600-700 vehicles in 2011.

ferrari ff sold out ?? WTF !!!

and people here don't believe that the aventador is sold out

for god sake if the ff is sold out why can't you believe that the aventador is sold out ?!!

Hey Pete,

No, you will not see a 2012 car until either late December or early January. Then '12 cars will run through the whole year until the end. It is unusual, unless they are doing a mid year special edition model, for Lambo to roll a car early. Not impossible, but you will not likely see a 2013 car until just before 2013. Hope that helps.

I may be misunderstanding. I am under the impression the the first cars that are supposed to be released in late June are 2012 models. Is this not correct?

My confirmation says the same MY12.. Still hear first cars coming in June and demos in may.. U know how things can change though !

My confirmation says the same MY12.. Still hear first cars coming in June and demos in may.. U know how things can change though !

Let's keep our fingers crossed they stay on target or I'm going to need a truck load of Ambien...

DrMac, saw you car in the flesh-Bicolor and all. You will love it for sure... BTW, if you delete the PDC, you will have a different bumper so none of those damn plugs we were worried about. Unfortunately, at least for now, you can't get the backup camera without the PDC. Having said that, I got to play around in the upstairs VIP section with the Estoque version that had the PDC. It really doesn't look bad, so I would say go for it. Check my YouTube channel for the vids--I have some special ones coming just for you!

Let's keep our fingers crossed they stay on target or I'm going to need a truck load of Ambien...

You are telling me--this thing can't hit the road fast enough. But having said that, I might have some more stuff to keep me going when I head south tomorrow (shhhhhhh!!!)

DrMac, saw you car in the flesh-Bicolor and all. You will love it for sure... BTW, if you delete the PDC, you will have a different bumper so none of those damn plugs we were worried about. Unfortunately, at least for now, you can't get the backup camera without the PDC. Having said that, I got to play around in the upstairs VIP section with the Estoque version that had the PDC. It really doesn't look bad, so I would say go for it. Check my YouTube channel for the vids--I have some special ones coming just for you!

You are telling me--this thing can't hit the road fast enough. But having said that, I might have some more stuff to keep me going when I head south tomorrow (shhhhhhh!!!)

It is weird how Lambo came up with such and ugly solution for the PDC, they use Audi tech and on Audis, you barely notice the plugs/holes.. :rolleyes:

Drive safe down to Pagani tomorrow :icon_thumleft:

Automobili Lamborghini has started a positive 2011 with a sold out Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 after the release at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show last week. The Italians even sold more than 12 months’ production of its new V12 model, deliveries of which will start in the second half of 2011.

Lamborghini will also commence deliveries this spring of its Gallardo LP570-4 Spyder Performante. The Performante comes as the open version of the Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera.

In 2010, Lamborghini delivered a total of 1,302 units to customers worldwide. The difference versus 2009 (1,515 units) was due to the run out of the Lamborghini Murciélago in May 2010. Sales for the remaining seven months of the year were based on the production of just one model, the Lamborghini Gallardo. Altogether, over a ten year production period, 4,099 Murciélago units were delivered to customers.

Even through the worldwide recession and the setbacks in traditional markets, the USA remained the major market for Lamborghini, leading the traditional European markets. 2011 will see a recovery in sales for both the USA and Europe with continuing increases in Asia thanks to a sustained strong economic environment and the launch of the new models. In 2010, China has risen to become Lamborghini’s second largest market. In 2010, 206 Lamborghini models were delivered from nine dealerships, representing a 150% growth over 2009.

The future seems bright for the Italian supercar maker

http://www.gtspirit.com/2011/03/08/lamborg...rowth-for-2011/

Are most of the dealers asking over MSRP for an Aventador? Do you expect to pay MSRP or over?

Is there an option list with the cost of each option floating around?

Yes there is, would you like a copy of it?

Are most of the dealers asking over MSRP for an Aventador? Do you expect to pay MSRP or over?

I'm paying msrp for my orange car..

I'm paying msrp for my orange car..

+1