A collection vs. the best

Falken

Collection vs. the best  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose...a collection of supercars...or the best car you can have?

• Collection
    • The Best

Not if you have my insurance company!

I need to know more about it....shoot me some info.

How frequently do you drive, how many miles per year roughly?

I ask because if you're on the road daily for whatever reason (errands/commute/activities) then I'd say go for the collection/variety angle.

If you're only driving a day or two a week, ala you work from home, your office is close, or whatever, then a single "best" car is going to be more fulfilling.

Plus you have to weigh how much you'd regret/miss the two cars you're giving up.

If you're over them, no problem. But if they still produce emotional thrills you'll probably wish you had kept one (or both) of them down the road.

Collection. You said it was your wish so move accordingly.

But I would never want to have as much as Leno, too much trouble not enough time.

Few personally intresting cars and you can keep them all in great running order, "bond" with them and change to another when one starts to irritate.

If I had $1M to blow on cars and the garage space I would definitely go with a collection. You can get SO much car in the $100k-$200k range that I think you'd be crazy to go any other way... Sure, it would be cool to say "I own a Veyron", but I could also own a TT Gallardo, TT Ford GT, TT Murc, TT Scud and daily drive a 600whp S65 for less money (assuming all are purchased second hand). Seems pretty similar to SW's approach now that I think of it...

Collection. The collection wouldnt consist of very many brands, as I have thought about the collection Id want MANY times. I have narrowed it down pretty well.

I am way too lazy to drive the two I have, if I had more than two I would never touch them and it would be a waste unless they are collectibles that would considerably increase in value.

I am way too lazy to drive the two I have, if I had more than two I would never touch them and it would be a waste unless they are collectibles that would considerably increase in value.

:iamwithstupid:

Again, unless you're capable of putting decent miles on cars, there is no point to owning more than a couple.

I joked in VBOXKING's house thread that if I were in that spread it would be tough justifying even one exotic...because I'd never leave that pool. :lol2:

collection and a 'revolving' one...that is what I have been doing for 30 years now :)

brings me so much joy...I have the same attitude with the ladies - collection and a 'revolving' one :monkeyleft: :turboalex:

too lazy to drive? damn..talk about lazy!! lol..i wish i could drive anytime/anywhere i want..can't afford to pay so much for the petrol.. :eusa_wall: