Supercharged LP560

My friend Matt Farah just posted up a video of a Lamborghini LP560 he tested which was twin supercharged. This is the first supercharged one I have seen and thought you guys would enjoy it as well!

Twin Turbo too much power... unless you are Andretti you will be hitting tree in first 10 seconds... maybe he has a point about some gals... :o

Personally I love the extra power :D

Cool vid... Sounds great... thanks for sharing!!

I apologize it is not twin supercharged....it is supercharged though. I had twin turbos on my mind :icon_mrgreen: Can a mod change my post?

Nice video!

Although I suspect he's NEVER been on L-Power, cuz there's probably a person or two on this site sitting on their couch thinking to themselves:

"You know what?...my Lamborghini's not fast enough..."

lmao

Very cool. Needs an upgraded exhaust though.

Good option for those who want to hit the twisties.

You can get the same effect with a low boost bolt on turbo setup.

You mean besides the differences between a TT power delivery and a supercharged power delivery?

cool product, especially for the majority of gallardo owners that don't want a huge dedicated turbo build...

problem is that VF hasn't established themselves yet. i say that as an owner of a car with a VF s/c kit. i've been disappointed with their customer service.

Stasis has a 750hp SC for the R8 Spyder. I'm assuming this is probably the same. It's not cheap either. I think the price is the same as a bolt on turbo kit.

cool product, especially for the majority of gallardo owners that don't want a huge dedicated turbo build...

problem is that VF hasn't established themselves yet. i say that as an owner of a car with a VF s/c kit. i've been disappointed with their customer service.

Do Tell.

Every time a high-HP s/c kit debuts on the board it reminds me of Allan's SLR slipping its s/c belt all the damn time.

As others have said, a low-boost TT kit seems more optimal, and more flexible as well.

Every time a high-HP s/c kit debuts on the board it reminds me of Allan's SLR slipping its s/c belt all the damn time.

As others have said, a low-boost TT kit seems more optimal, and more flexible as well.

Depending on how you overdrive the SC, width of the belt, and dia of the pulleys, you may or may not see belt slippage problems. There are plenty of cars still running superchargers that made a shit ton more power than this lambo or his slr. The key is to not run a super small dia SC drive pulley, make it a wide enough belt (not a 6 rib), and properly sides sc to begin with.

The belt systems aren't ideal, but they work just fine for lots and lots of cars over the years if designed properly. Much like you could put a pair of turbos from a 1.8L jetta on a gallardo and have it run like shit... is that the fault of the turbos or the jackass that installed them? Same goes for people who install/modify SC setups without the full knowledge and experience of how the system works.

Anyone know where this road is??

SoCal for sure. Could be baldy mtn rd connecting to glendora mtn rd which drops down into east fork and azusa canyon, but the snow on the mountains in the background is confusing. It's either a low snow line, or this road is out toward LA/Malibu more than I expected.

You can get the same effect with a low boost bolt on turbo setup.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but makes the sc tempting to me is that you can put your car back to stock fairly easily. I'm not sure the same can be said for the bolt on turbo kit with all the plumbing needed...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but makes the sc tempting to me is that you can put your car back to stock fairly easily. I'm not sure the same can be said for the bolt on turbo kit with all the plumbing needed...

It might be a bit easier, but... probably still a day or twos work for either for a competent shop.

The thing with a positive displacement type supercharger is you get immediate boost way down low. You can come close with a turbo, but it is never going to have the same response.

Twin Turbo too much power... unless you are Andretti you will be hitting tree in first 10 seconds... maybe he has a point about some gals... :o

Personally I love the extra power :D

Cool vid... Sounds great... thanks for sharing!!

YOU ARE BAD!!!!!! :turboalex:

Take care

alex

Guest Rob Burgundy

Take care

alex

Haha! :turboalex:

Interesting.......thanks for posting up the video. Probably still more power than needed at most tracks but that sure would be fun to have on Daytona and Sebring. ;)

Take care

alex

:icon_super: :icon_super: :turboalex:

Check your Facebook Messages Chinaman!

Guest Dereiter

Nice video. However i am sure TT would be more sensible in point of cost than SC.