It's a wonderful day to be a lamborghini fan!!

Guest Rob Burgundy

I am proper LOL at the amount of people willing Allan to spunk his money on a Veyron. Piss easy to spend other peoples money isn't it?

Isn't that amazing Captain?

They have no idea what it takes to spend 800K on a car, (if you can get one for that. And it's the last car you want to go cheapo on) let alone what the maintenance costs are for a car like that.

800K is 1.6 million in real earned dollars and to be able to afford a car of that magnitude you should be making about 10 million a year. And that's cutting it close. A fiscally conservative person would not lay out that much for a car if they were making that kind of money.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have no idea what it takes to spend 800K on a car, (if you can get one for that. And it's the last car you want to go cheapo on) let alone what the maintenance costs are for a car like that.

800K is 1.6 million in real earned dollars and to be able to afford a car of that magnitude you should be making about 10 million a year. And that's cutting it close. A fiscally conservative person would not lay out that much for a car if they were making that kind of money.

While we are at Kane, you should buy a Veyron.

I have also rang up my neighbour and my neighbour's neighbour and told them they should buy all buy Veyrons.

I have also rang up my neighbour and my neighbour's neighbour and told them they should buy all buy Veyrons.

Cap, you should buy a Veyron.

Totally agree. I'm going to buy 3 of them so I can leave them around the city so when I get drunk I can just leave them at the bar and pick it up in the morning.

:iamwithstupid:

Veyron is in another stratosphere, not even a consideration. 95% of the NFL couldn't afford this car legitimately, used or otherwise.

By 2035, today's $1.00 will have the purchase power of $0.33 due to inflation and other predictable events. And that's being generous, if our situation continues to worsen in terms of debt as time passes it could drop to as low as $0.20 in terms of actual purchase power.

Which means, money lost while you're in your younger earning years, i.e., NOW for most of us, is a shitload more damaging to your future than how that loss appears today by just looking at it from today's purchase power.

A fcuking Civic will be a $75,000 car by 2035, that should put it in perspective. And yes income rises along the way too, but your earning years are behind you remember?

Don't piss it away boys.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Can someone tell me to buy a Veyron? I'd appreciate it.

Then I'm going to go masturbate while crying using my tears as lubricant.

Guest Rob Burgundy
Rob, buy a Civic.

Can I borrow the 75 grand in future money?

Can I borrow the 75 grand in future money?

Just lease it bro. $6,000 due at signing and then $1,200 a month for 36 months. :icon_thumleft:

Just lease it bro. $6,000 due at signing and then $1,200 a month for 36 months. :icon_thumleft:

Shhh I was going to lend him the money at a quite reasonable rate of 3042% apr.

So if we can't come up with suggestions what are we doing here? :eusa_think:

Ok Ok... I do have several options that Im considering trying..Some are BIG and would make you all very proud, some are small, some you would not believe..

Buy a Veyron Fortis.

No way. Better to use OPM when you are wealthy. 144 month financing on the civic. $300 down. :icon_mrgreen:

Buy a Veyron Fortis.

I would if they were available here or available in RHD so I could personally import one.

Since when suggesting something means writing a cheque out of ones bank account?

True that... And also true dat on the me NOT making 10 million a year.. If I did, we wouldnt be having this conversation.. For me to get a Veyron would take holding back a little while, saving, and unless I really had the patience financing abit.. Id have to cut back on some other things aswell... its a goal I could accomplish, but would the price of accomplishment be worthwhile?

I do think you can buy a Veyron in the 750-800K range.. The question is, in my case would I be happier with one Veyron... or say:

88 1/2 Countach

99 Diablo SV

2005 PHantom or even an Arnage

An SPE Kisco ass kicking GTR or Porsche 997 TT

and still have 400k for other toys or in my pocket... I mean if you think about it, you could have a serious car collection for the price of one car no matter how you look at..

The question my wife asks of me... According to her.. If I get a Veyron and I feel all my automotive wants will end, then it will be the right thing to do.. If I was to have a Veyron, but still want all the others... well then im fucked :lol2: :lol2:

I respectfully disagree on the having trouble selling it. I dont think Veyrons move hands that often, and if he does mod it like he wants, it will only be that much harder to find that particular buyer who is ok with an already fully modded Veyron. Not saying they arent out there, but I dont think it would be an easy sale for a minimal loss like Allan likes to do.

But I do agree with the fact that its what he truly wants....

I definitely see your point. What I meant was that I think he would be able to sell the Veyron and start a collection easier than if he were trying to sell a collection and then buy a Veyron. But I really know very little about either of those markets so I am just guessing haha :)

What exactly did you not like with the 458?

Being honest... I have a very strange love affair with it ...

When Im away from it, not driving it... Im asking myself what do I have this car for.. Im not a Ferrariguy.... When Im in it, driving it.. I absolutley love it.. It is a fantastic car to drive.. What annoys me are some of the ferrarifags around town that constantly try to be my friend, the fact that the car is tough to mod... and black is a bitch to keep clean..

Being honest... I have a very strange love affair with it ...

When Im away from it, not driving it... Im asking myself what do I have this car for.. Im not a Ferrariguy.... When Im in it, driving it.. I absolutley love it.. It is a fantastic car to drive.. What annoys me are some of the ferrarifags around town that constantly try to be my friend, the fact that the car is tough to mod... and black is a bitch to keep clean..

Exactly, Your ALLAN-fcuking-LAMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but in the mean time get a SLS. There is a white on red with full carbon on Ebay. Please buy it, mod it and sell it to me. PLEASE.

Exactly, Your ALLAN-fcuking-LAMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but in the mean time get a SLS. There is a white on red with full carbon on Ebay. Please buy it, mod it and sell it to me. PLEASE.

In terms of new cars as of now, the SLS is my favorite..

The SLS sounds AMAZING - I think its a bit like the FGT - I started with no affections for it but it grew on me.