Shortest police chase ever!

Lambo91

Lol... the dude got into 6th...

cop was at least smart enough to realize he didn't stand a chance

:iamwithstupid:

Ya... They would have chased that guy 100+mph down that road until he either crashed or they couldn't keep up any longer.

If they got his plate, that's all they need. That or interview his friends and find out who he is.

after looking at the vid a couple of times, i think it would be highly unlikely that they would have gotten his plate, there is no time where they actually would see the back of his bike with the front of the car.

i hope he got away.

im not one to condone stupidness on the roads, but what they were doing wasnt really that bad.

Actually, a lot of times, cops won't pursue motorcyclists due to the liability factor. At least around where I live I know that it's a pretty big no no.

- NO if there is a passenger

- NOOOO if they're exceeding 100mph

- NOOOO if it's a residential area

I have several friends who are police officers, and even a few of those are motorcycle cops. They say that the liability factor is far too high due to inexperienced riders, people who are willing to go way too fast become a speeding projectile that could harm others and the chance of catching them is slim if you're in a car since a bike is potentially supercar quick. A lot of bikes now are a hair under 3 seconds 0-60 and no issues under 5 0-100. Even if the person is a really shitty rider, they're gone in no time flat. One of my friends said they just try to take down the plates, description and bike and if they can find them at another time, it's far better to catch them when they aren't expecting it. "Another time... another day." since it isn't worth the risk.

I can kind of see the reasoning, that and a lot of the sport bikes around here are easy to spot since leather colors, stickers, vinyls and bikes aren't all alike, if you can snag a description it isn't hard to figure out who it is if they're local. I'll be damned if you catch me trying it... it's awfully hard not to spot a black ducati with a big italian flag airbrushed on it with a dude in bright green and black leathers. "Gee.... I wonder if that's Derek...."

:iamwithstupid:

Ya... They would have chased that guy 100+mph down that road until he either crashed or they couldn't keep up any longer.

If they got his plate, that's all they need. That or interview his friends and find out who he is.

In California they would definately gone after him chance or no chance. They regularly perform unsafe chases.