.. !!!.......... Bill Warner Rides His Hayabusa to 311.945 mph... !!!!!!!!!!

JR

i don't know who is crazier, guys like Bill Warner or Isle of Man tt bikers..

from: http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2011/07/...to-311-945-mph/

"Although the speed record at Bonneville for recumbent, fully enclosed streamliner motorcycles is higher, last weekend, at the old Loring Air Force Base in Limestone, Maine, Bill Warner, of Winauma, Florida, aimed his turbo Hayabusa down the 1 1/2 mile runway and ran 311.945 mph, beating his old record of 273.356 mph set last year. He’s done a lot of streamlining on this bike, too, but he’s sitting on it in the conventional racer crouch, not locked inside a tube. The event, now in its 3rd year, was put on by the Loring Timing Association.

A wide, 1 1/2 mile long straight piece of smooth concrete just begs for this sort of “How fast can you go?” meeting and everyone brings their cars, truck, motorcycles and what have you to come up with an answer. Running on concrete has the advantage of traction that Bonneville can’t match which helps a lot when you’re slowing down, too, making high speeds in this relatively short distance possible. This looks like a very popular and growing annual event. Pretty cool.

Congratulations, Bill!"

wow.!!

Anything over a buck fifty on a bike feels like "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" i can't imagine going that fast.

(edit) I wanna see the on bike footage!

Awesome video, felt like I was riding along with him

how's this for a ride along??

how about riding along backward at the Texas Mile ..???

i like how he hits the gravel road (at the end) at about 60 mph

There we go, that's better! :)

MEGA DAMN!!

he made it look easy....and i like how when he starts slowing down..you'd think its all safe and shit..but he is still doing like 220mph slowing down..lol

I did 202 on a bike once. 150 is a walk in the park. 180 doesn't phase me. 200 is a whole 'nother level. 300? That is stepping it waaaay up.

I did 202 on a bike once. 150 is a walk in the park. 180 doesn't phase me. 200 is a whole 'nother level. 300? That is stepping it waaaay up.

On a closed course in Mexico, right? :icon_mrgreen:

Anyone who has been over 200mph on a bike can agree that stopping is the intense part of the ride. A friend here local watched me try to stop from about 220mph on the interstate and said it was one of the more frightening experiences of HIS life.

Anyone who has been over 200mph on a bike can agree that stopping is the intense part of the ride. A friend here local watched me try to stop from about 220mph on the interstate and said it was one of the more frightening experiences of HIS life.

agreed, I was on a long spirited back road ride on one of the Ducs and ended up hitting some very high speeds on the highw.. race track. the brakes were so hot and I am pretty sure the fluid was boiling to the point I thought the brake were going to fail me.