For IAA 2011

a007apl

Don't give Allan ammo :icon_mrgreen:

if at IAA they will release a new tractor, who wins?

:D

ciao

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if at IAA they will release a new tractor, who wins?

:D

ciao

Well despite what Allan says, a tractor with an upgraded Aventador engine is not a F70 rivalling Ultra car so I win.

:icon_mrgreen:

According to carscoop the new model to be shown at frankfurt is yet anther gallardo variant which is said to be "more radical and hardcore than the superleggera"...

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/09/super...i-gallardo.html

theres going to be more than one model to be revealed at frankfurt??

theres going to be more than one model to be revealed at frankfurt??

ehm,yes have you read the previous posts? :)

Well despite what Allan says, a tractor with an upgraded Aventador engine is not a F70 rivalling Ultra car so I win.

:icon_mrgreen:

this is unspormanlike behaviour!

we need a referee... :D

ciao

There is speculation that the R8 is getting 450hp/560hp boost and DSG for 2012 at Frankfurt. If the DSG shows up, I'm sure it will show up in the Gallardo too.

+1

DSG on a G? Hmm not sure.

My reasoning behind it is the R&D required to package it in. The R8 is coming up for a facelift, the Gallardo has had its facelift so the chance of those research costs being recouped are slim to none.

The next version should have it in order to compete with the market.

Whilst the ISR gearbox in the Aventador is more technically spectacular than some have credited it for, there are areas in that gearbox that would make DSG quite significantly better than Ferrari's bought in box.

Lambo have made no secret of the Gallardo being the technologically better car when compared to the V12 cars, the LP560 had injection fuel systems and the Aventador's new engine does not so I can see that the G replacement should be something quite special.

Quick question whilst we wait for tomorrow. Any V12 engined cars on the market with a dual clutch system?

If it fits in an R8 facelift, it fits in a Gallardo too most likely. The 991 wasn't far off and they put the PDK in it still.

A DSG in the Gallardo would probably move quite a few units at a time when they aren't exactly easy to move.

If it fits in an R8 facelift, it fits in a Gallardo too most likely. The 991 wasn't far off and they put the PDK in it still.

A DSG in the Gallardo would probably move quite a few units at a time when they aren't exactly easy to move.

I can certainly see your logical point but that rumour is in 2012, when the G replacement is going to be shown. I fail to understand the point of wasting R&D time and money to put a repackaged transmission on a car to sell more units when firstly it will not and secondly you want to wind that construction line down to tool up for the new car. A new gearbox alone will not sell a car because when was the last time a car was marketed because of a transmission change? It would need a raft of other changes.

If Lambo were to put put new changes on the G it would be ultra lightweight and higher power outputs which costs big bucks and will invariably tread on the toes on the new car. So for me the only changes the G will experience will be aero components and more stripes.

Maybe add some Aventador mirrors.

I can certainly see your logical point but that rumour is in 2012, when the G replacement is going to be shown. I fail to understand the point of wasting R&D time and money to put a repackaged transmission on a car to sell more units when firstly it will not and secondly you want to wind that construction line down to tool up for the new car. A new gearbox alone will not sell a car because when was the last time a car was marketed because of a transmission change? It would need a raft of other changes.

If Lambo were to put put new changes on the G it would be ultra lightweight and higher power outputs which costs big bucks and will invariably tread on the toes on the new car. So for me the only changes the G will experience will be aero components and more stripes.

Maybe add some Aventador mirrors.

It wouldn't be a waste of R&D time because it's not being created solely for the sake of the 560. They would most likely be creating it for the R8, which has several years left, and probably a variant/improvement upon it in both replacements.

It wouldn't be a waste of R&D time because it's not being created solely for the sake of the 560. They would most likely be creating it for the R8, which has several years left, and probably a variant/improvement upon it in both replacements.

Again it would be true but only if you unwrap both cars and they are bolt for bolt completely identical underneath. They are not though.

So therefore why even waste $50 on even new washers and shims to bolt on a new gearbox, new software and interfaces which is going to recoup in negligible sales, who is going to buy a brand new Gallardo with just a fancy gearbox when it is going to bomb in value two months later when it has a replacement in the marketplace? Would you?

Then the dealers, why buy in x units of this car? What justification is there for them to buy in new servicing equipment, servicing manuals, new tooling? For what, 50 cars globally? If that?

It is 6 months too late for Lambo to do this for the G now let alone in 2012.

Then the weight of the gearbox. Two clutches are heavier than one. So they would have to ramp up the power in the engine and take weight out elsewhere to compensate performance gains for this - where is that weight going from? So again more R&D across the board, both for Audi and for Lambo to cover for this. I cannot see justification for the expense of all of this.

Then the marketing point of view. Lambo wheel out the new car, they talk about the transmission, "hey we have a DSG box on board, a first for Lambo..." why dilute the marketing capabilities of the new car?

Well, if something similar gets used in the next-gen one, then it's merely an investment. It's unlikely, but it's not out of the realm of possibility if they are in fact planning to show a new G variant.

I also don't believe you'll see the next Gallardo on the streets until mid-2013, so I think there is time. I don't think they have any interest in rushing it out because it's such a low volume car. If it's going to share a lot with Audi/Porsche exotics, then they will take their time at any cost of Lamborghini. Besides, the Aventador is so far sold out for a while. They have some stuff to keep them busy.

But anyway... I think it depends on what this 'new' super sports car really is. If it's not a third model, then I think it has to be something decent for the Gallardo line. Their website makes me think it's gotta be something better than a new paint job if there is no third model.

I cannot think of a company that would close their website off for a week in order to release a special edition limited production wing kit.

No way am I taking Alberto's money that easily.