For IAA 2011

a007apl

I guess when they said Italian passion at work, it meant their web designers. Now that I think about it, that made more sense than a new car hahaha. Surprised I didn't think about that.

The real question for me at this point is just how far away the Gallardo replacement really is. They're actually good at this model, because it has to share R8 running gear (so they can't cheat and be lazy to rely on the Lambo badge to sell cars) but it's easy to see actual customer deliveries not happening for another 18 months, which puts them into 2013. Scary.

I've never expected a new Gallardo before 2013. It's gotta go hand-in-hand with the R8 development and whatever Porsche might want with their mid-engine platform, so until we see progress on the R8, I don't think you'll see a Gallardo. Aventador orders are apparently fine, so they have plenty of work for now.

It's nearly 2012 and we've seen nothing or heard nothing about the replacement and all we've seen from Audi is their CF/aluminum R8 prototype. I think it's quite a ways off. Murcielago went nearly 10 years... Gallardo might too. Somehow there are constantly new/different Gallardos in the dealership here in China, so they must be selling.

On the bright side, if you are going to buy a new Gallardo anyway, having 10 SE's isn't the worst thing in the world, assuming they don't actually cost more than the other models ( SL price = Blanc price = Super Trofeo price, right?) It might make the brand look shittier and disappoint enthusiasts, but have more options in never a bad thing. If they launched all these SE's at the same time and said pick whatever style you like, I think that would be pretty nice.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it wasnt for the fact that it's a lame "special edition", I'd say it's actually a really nicely specced SL. Apart from the wing.

That wing is HUGE. Still can't believe Lambo played a joke on us like this. What the hell were they thinking? Did they really just take their website offline for a WEEK to give us that????

if it wasnt for the fact that it's a lame "special edition", I'd say it's actually a really nicely specced SL. Apart from the wing.

I agree, and would say its the best looking G released to date. BUT, it just doesnt move lambo forward, and at such a major autoshow, they needed something BIG.

I agree, and would say its the best looking G released to date. BUT, it just doesnt move lambo forward, and at such a major autoshow, they needed something BIG.

It moves them forward if the profit is there to reinvest. The question is, will they reinvest into making something truly breathtaking? Unlikely, but who knows. I hold onto hope.

I think we're going to start seeing SL owners colour coding the centre part of their front bumper because of this car...i think it looks great that way.

Great Pics, great car.

Really not spectacular in the way I hope...or in the way I expect....but I like it.

And 150 units will be sold out really soon I think.

So other than the giant rear spoiler, theres really no difference compared to the 570 Superleggera. They could have at least made it a 20 hp bump + a more original body ( weight savings may not be possible.) In other news Rosso Mars vs Rosso Andromeda.........

i think this (very nice) car is a 570 SL with some options and a different rear wing.

I like very much the 570 SL and i think one day the most valuable Gallardo will be the 570 SL and not this Supertrofeo Stradale: cosmetic for cosmetic, i prefer the Carrozzeria Touring "Superleggera" black stripe rather than the the Supertrofeo emblem.

ciao

assegno_mezzo_euro.pdf

well, at the end we have:

No estoque like a007 apl told.

No Improved Aventador like i bet

But we have an F70 contender: the Sesto Elemento wil be produced, but it's not a street legal so it's (may be) just an FXX contender.

I think i lost at least half of my dollar, but, as there is neither the Estoque, i won't send it to Capt-Chaos: i will give it to Lamborghini stand at IAA saturday, as they are miserable.

I will try to send a picture of the half dollar donation

assegno50centlambo.jpg

ciao

assegno_mezzo_euro.pdf

Well, this is certainly unimpressive, I wasn't hoping for a 3rd model, but at least I hoped they'd show the Gallardo's replacement in the form of a concept to get us pumped up over what's coming.

While this latest iteration of the Gallardo is certainly good looking, these "Special Editions" are becoming a bit stale, when everything they've released lately is a "special edition", none are actually "special". Let us hope they will step it up for the Geneva autoshow in 2012. I'd very much like to see a Gallardo replacement concept, just to get an idea of future design guidelines, and possibly any new technologies that will be implemented in the models to come.

is the sesto the 3rd model or wtf?

Frankfurt/Sant’###### Bolognese, 13 September 2011 – On the occasion of

the worldwide preview of the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo

Stradale at the 2011 Frankfurt Auto Show, President and CEO of Automobili

Lamborghini, Stephan Winkelmann, announced that the Lamborghini Sesto

Elemento will go into production.

A technological demonstrator, presented a year ago at the Paris Motor

Show, the Sesto Elemento represents the future of super sports cars in line

with the Lamborghini Manifesto: according to this, development focuses on

handling and acceleration, with lightweight design an increasing priority –

now and even more so in years to come.

Not since the revolutionary carbon fiber prototype, the Lamborghini

Countach Evoluzione in 1986, has a super sports car brand produced a car

weighing less than 1000 kg.

With the Sesto Elemento, Lamborghini’s Research & Development engineers

have fine-tuned a cutting-edge package. Beginning with its pure, radical

design, Sesto Elemento is the perfect blend between an extremely light

weight 999 kg body; a drive train taken directly from motorsport; a power

output of 570 hp; a highly responsive V10 engine and superior handling

stability guaranteed by Lamborghini’s four wheel drive system. An

exceptional power-to-weight ratio of just 1.75 kg per hp guarantees

unrivalled performance levels; the Sesto Elemento goes from 0 to 100 km/h

in just 2.5 seconds. These values are possible due to the use of a carbon

fiber monocoque made of Forged Composite and extensive use of carbon

fiber throughout the car, illustrating Lamborghini’s international leadership

in composite materials technologies

Stephan Winkelmann stated: “The excellent feedback and the numerous

requests we’ve had from our customers have really convinced us to embark

on the challenge of producing a vehicle with unique characteristics. We are

proud that what a year ago was just a ‘technology demonstrator’ of future

super sports cars, even though in working order, will become a small series

reality. Only 20 units of the new Sesto Elemento super sports car will be

produced, and will be destined only for track use. We’re planning to deliver

the first cars at the beginning of 2013.”

It moves them forward if the profit is there to reinvest. The question is, will they reinvest into making something truly breathtaking? Unlikely, but who knows. I hold onto hope.

Well they did with the Aventador (which a recent article called the quickest car on this side of a Veyron), so I hope they will with the G replacement too.

More Lamborghini bullshit.

How many of these bricks are they going to produce??

The car is OLD. It's out of date. Time to change.

They can't fcuking sell the 570's that are already sitting on show room (declining in value every day) let alone a half assed "special edition"