Today is the Day! Start juicing!

Allan-Herbie

dunitlongpole - if we lose 05LSV from this thread we lose someone who I consider a valuable contributor to the discussion. If we lose you nobody blinks.

The guy has posted his balls off giving us great information, has posted photos of himself and his wife who both are clearly walking the walk and are in the top 1% in terms of physical mastery so bottom line it's time for you to take a break from this thread and let him continue.

You beat me to it! :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dunitlongpole - if we lose 05LSV from this thread we lose someone who I consider a valuable contributor to the discussion. If we lose you nobody blinks.

The guy has posted his balls off giving us great information, has posted photos of himself and his wife who both are clearly walking the walk and are in the top 1% in terms of physical mastery so bottom line it's time for you to take a break from this thread and let him continue.

I have no doubts that nobody cares about my presence here.

I don't want him to go away either - there is lots of valuable information here. But, there is also a lot of incorrect/maybe not 100% correct information. All I am trying to do is provide some other information (with studies and supplemental to back it up) to give people a full picture.

I have no doubt that he probably looks better than 99% of the worlds population.

But, just because you walk the walk, that doesn't mean you are the authority on the subject at hand. Just because you drive a Lambo, that doesn't mean you are Balboni.

I will calm down, but whatever.

As far as I'm concerned, 05LSV has not only shown excellent knowledge, but also practices what he preaches. Are you willing to show your personal level of fitness to at least verify you aren't just a keyboard warrior starting trouble? The is some credence to some of what you posted, but the degree to which you are arguing your information is the gospel and absolute (and everyone else is retarded) is downright silly.

Yes, he knows a lot, but there are some areas where there is a little misinformation based on the studies I have read.

I am not arguing all my information is gospel and absolute, but some of it is.

Eg. Your body doesn't need carbohydrates to function. You just don't. Whether it is optimal or not is a totally different issue, but science proves that they are not necessary.

Yes, he knows a lot, but there are some areas where there is a little misinformation based on the studies I have read.

I am not arguing all my information is gospel and absolute, but some of it is.

Eg. Your body doesn't need carbohydrates to function. You just don't. Whether it is optimal or not is a totally different issue, but science proves that they are not necessary.

You conveniently ignored my request for you to establish you personal level as fitness as an indicator of credibility. :lol2:

Let's STAY ON TOPIC...

Stick to PM'ing each other if you want to argue.

Anyway, I just finished 2 weeks of juicing. I lost 12 lbs the first week, and only 3-4 lbs the second week. I stuck to it 100%. I went from 230 to 214/5. I noticed a big difference in my face, as well as my mid section. I still have some belly fat to lose, so starting tomorrow I will continue to maintain healthy eating habits. Originally I said I was going to eat a whole pizza when I was done, but the craving for a "whole" pizza has subsided. As a treat to myself for my 2 week juicing, I just picked up some chicken teriyaki. Since I spent $300 for the juicer, I plan to add juice into my diet. I am soooo happy to be done....I was fcuking tired of drinking it.

You conveniently ignored my request for you to establish you personal level as fitness as an indicator of credibility. :lol2:

I know he looks better than me - I am 6'. 180lbs and about 14% bodyfat. If you think that makes me any less qualified to pass on information about nutrition written by people who know more than everyone in this thread combined, then that's your problem.

I am not saying things as my own opinion - I am just delivering work done by people who know their stuff.

I have no doubts that nobody cares about my presence here.

I don't want him to go away either - there is lots of valuable information here. But, there is also a lot of incorrect/maybe not 100% correct information. All I am trying to do is provide some other information (with studies and supplemental to back it up) to give people a full picture.

I have no doubt that he probably looks better than 99% of the worlds population.

But, just because you walk the walk, that doesn't mean you are the authority on the subject at hand. Just because you drive a Lambo, that doesn't mean you are Balboni.

I will calm down, but whatever.

When I look at these threads on fitness advice sure there's guys that have lost weight, but is that who I want to listen to for long term weight and fitness advice? No, I want to read from guys like 05LSV who have MASTERED their physical state. I don't know him from adam but I do know what he has posted is good shit.

When I look at these threads on fitness advice sure there's guys that have lost weight, but is that who I want to listen to for long term weight and fitness advice? No, I want to read from guys like 05LSV who have MASTERED their physical state. I don't know him from adam but I do know what he has posted is good shit.

Ok.

What did I post that was wrong?

I'm all ears...

I think what Porter is getting at is similar to when you walk in a gym and see two trainers. One is in so so shape and the other is ripped. Even if the so so person is insanely knowledgeable, they aren't practicing what they are preaching. We are more likely to trust someone who can demonstrate that they know their stuff not just say they know their stuff and expect us to just take their word for it.

WOOHOO 9lbs gone...

:icon_super:

I am down 6 in a week and a half just cutting back on soda.

If I cut out alcohol+soda I figure I will lose 15 pounds.

:icon_super:

I am down 6 in a week and a half just cutting back on soda.

If I cut out alcohol+soda I figure I will lose 15 pounds.

I have cut out the alocohol too.. sucks..

Thanks for the support everybody...

Allan - way to have discipline when others around you are eating the garbage.

Mike - I like beer. I'll have one or two Bud Lights or Michelob Ultras at my cheat meal if I don't over-do it on the food that day - usually tides me over and gets me past the cravings. Soda is tough. Have you ever tried crystal light? The pink lemonade is delicious.

Be careful with your attacks, I can post stuff that discredits 2-3 hour eating and bulking/cutting as unnecessary stresses on the body that are NOT natural... He might not be 100% on point but he is not wrong either... I've had less than 50grams of carbs daily for weeks before. Hunger is manageable as stated before, and stomach shrinks according to your intake, hit your protein numbers and get some healthy fats from avocado and nuts, and carbs from veggies and beans that is THE staple imo.

but now people from paleo will say "don't eat beans..eat fruits like people 5000 years ago" and the next person will say "No, fructose is bad, don't do that!" and it goes on.. hell last I heard you shouldn't even drink that much water because it messes up the cell walls

I agree. The "research" changes so rapidly it's hard to keep up with it sometimes. I'm sure there's a study somewhere that says raw meat is best for you and only drink 20oz of iced tea on odd numbered days of the month if you want to lose weight. It's like you with your tuna in college - tons of people eat 2-3 cans a day, others say you're going to die. Same with Sweet n Low or splenda. Eat it for 10 years and you're going to get cancer when you're 70. Then again, if you eat a boatload of sugar and are 80 pounds overweight, you're going to die of heart disease when you're 60.

Also, as a side note to the other part you posted - if your 50g of carbs or less for weeks works for you and you can function in the gym and feel and look good, then that is great. It's the rebound effect of going back to "regular" eating that messes most people up after they do the low carb stuff for 4-6 weeks, see some changes, and then go back to fast food. I've done the low carb and carb cycling too, and the carb cycling not only worked better (for me) but kept me sane because I love eating carbs. Just wanted to clarify since I don't want to come off as attacking anyone or anything.

What I do is pretty simple - I read a lot about what works for others (personal experience) and also check out "real" research based on studies, and then make the decision to try something that seems like it might work for me and my body. But not only that, I have to think, "Can I actually keep up with this?" It's like Allan with the juicing - he did it for a while, and then decided that he hated cleaning the juicer so he's only going to do 1 juice a day. Here's the best part though - because he saw some results during the full time juicing period, he decided that it's a lot easier to eat healthy across the board than to clean that damn juicer, so that's what he's going with and it's working for him.

We are more likely to trust someone who can demonstrate that they know their stuff not just say they know their stuff and expect us to just take their word for it.

I totally agree with this. If I was just saying stuff and not posting supplemental information to back up what I was saying, it would totally apply to this situation. But, i'm not... If I'm not mistaken, I am the only one who has actually posted any links to any information containing medical studies, etc.

I never expected anyone to believe what I say in the first place - that why I started posting links that contain medical citations and what not to back up my statements...

I totally agree with this. If I was just saying stuff and not posting supplemental information to back up what I was saying, it would totally apply to this situation. But, i'm not... If I'm not mistaken, I am the only one who has actually posted any links to any information containing medical studies, etc.

I never expected anyone to believe what I say in the first place - that why I started posting links that contain medical citations and what not to back up my statements...

I understand what you're saying but you're missing my point. We have seen 05LSV on here visually and we haven't seen what you look like. I'm going to take someone's advice who visually is in awesome shape over someone in not as good of shape any day of the week regardless of what studies and links are provided. I have taken statistics so i'm very leery of numbers in studies anyways. I like visual proof. This isn't to say you don't know stuff but you are a noob so we have to take your word with a grain of salt for the time being! Lots of good information in here though.

Allan, congrats on the weight loss!

I understand what you're saying but you're missing my point. We have seen 05LSV on here visually and we haven't seen what you look like. I'm going to take someone's advice who visually is in awesome shape over someone in not as good of shape any day of the week regardless of what studies and links are provided. I have taken statistics so i'm very leery of numbers in studies anyways. I like visual proof. This isn't to say you don't know stuff but you are a noob so we have to take your word with a grain of salt for the time being! Lots of good information in here though.

Allan, congrats on the weight loss!

Just to play devils advocate, whats to say that his lifestyle isnt that healthy (not actually saying its like this 05LSV) and its just his genetics like Rob's friend that we were talking about? Arent you going by the old "judging a book by its cover?"

couls somonw explain starvation mode? And how that works.

Probably not a good question to ask, because then sh*t really starts to get real and there really is no answer to that question, what "starvation mode" actually entails, or whether it actually exists.

You can have a look at...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/...lowdown-qa.html

Starting about halfway down at "But that’s not the only cause of metabolic slowdown here...."

Alternatively, there is a 6 part series that starts here...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/...tin-part-1.html

That has some pretty good information about the big picture.

But in the end, it's just opening up another can of worms...

my question is I am doing 1.5-3 hours of cardio (eliptical) which totals 700-1400 calories (per the machince based on age height weight) and eat about 1500-1800 calories per day. Is this putting me into starvation mode? I dont feel hungry, and am full of energy, infact never felt better.

my question is I am doing 1.5-3 hours of cardio (eliptical) which totals 700-1400 calories (per the machince based on age height weight) and eat about 1500-1800 calories per day. Is this putting me into starvation mode? I dont feel hungry, and am full of energy, infact never felt better.

That's the thing though - it's not really a black and white issue.

There are so many other things to consider (current weight, bf percentage, etc) that you can't really just say, "yes" or "no"

And I don't want to get into another long thing here and cause more arguments, so I will just leave it at that...

But in general, probably a bad idea.

Caveats: Machine estimations are notoriously inaccurate...

I always wanted to know what happens if you just eat protein and nothing else.

I always wanted to know what happens if you just eat protein and nothing else.

Practically impossible as almost all forms of protein have at least some fat and trace amounts of carbs.

But, in the end it probably wouldn't be pretty...