Bored UCLA Student Joins Libyan Rebels

amp3188

What a retard, definitely messed up in his head and what he's doing is just plain stupid. This isn't his fight or war so he should stay out of it.

Or does he enjoy killing "the enemy", he doesn't even know what he's fighting for. He never lived in the country, so how does he know what is wrong or right.

FYI I'm not pro Khadaffi but it's plain and simple, this isn't his fight, he shouldn't be there. I hope the USA puts him on a watch list and screws up his life. If I were the chancellor of UCLA (or any other university) I would kick him out.

What a retard, definitely messed up in his head and what he's doing is just plain stupid. This isn't his fight or war so he should stay out of it.

Or does he enjoy killing "the enemy", he doesn't even know what he's fighting for. He never lived in the country, so how does he know what is wrong or right.

FYI I'm not pro Khadaffi but it's plain and simple, this isn't his fight, he shouldn't be there. I hope the USA puts him on a watch list and screws up his life. If I were the chancellor of UCLA (or any other university) I would kick him out.

Damn man. While I agree that his version of war tourism is stupid the watch list thing is hard core draconian. If the rebels didn't want him then they have to choice to get rid of him. He's in a war zone and I"m sure the enemy may find it fun to pick him off just for shits and giggles.

Damn man. While I agree that his version of war tourism is stupid the watch list thing is hard core draconian. If the rebels didn't want him then they have to choice to get rid of him. He's in a war zone and I"m sure the enemy may find it fun to pick him off just for shits and giggles.

Who in his right mind would travel to a war zone, travelling in Libya now and even at the start of the war (he wasn't there yet) is very difficult.

He's obviously sick in his head if he does this for fun and wants to kill people (watchlist). Again I don't think it's his fight so he can't be angered (maybe he sympathizes with the rebels and feels they were oppressed and need support). Ridiculous. :)

Who in his right mind would travel to a war zone, travelling in Libya now and even at the start of the war (he wasn't there yet) is very difficult.

He's obviously sick in his head if he does this for fun and wants to kill people (watchlist). Again I don't think it's his fight so he can't be angered (maybe he sympathizes with the rebels and feels they were oppressed and need support). Ridiculous. :)

You don't know his motives for going. Does he really want to kill people? Does he just want to shoot machine guns? Does he sympathize with the rebels? Now I agree with you 100% that the kid is nuts, but the terror watchlists are no joke. If you get black flagged in that respect it can really mess up your life.

You don't know his motives for going. Does he really want to kill people? Does he just want to shoot machine guns? Does he sympathize with the rebels? Now I agree with you 100% that the kid is nuts, but the terror watchlists are no joke. If you get black flagged in that respect it can really mess up your life.

If he would fight with Khadaffi's troops, would that make him a terrorist or national threat or not and what if we had blue helmets fighting there or even Americans and he would kill them? I know that's not the case but just if, I don't condone what he's doing, on either side.

All he does is causing and bringing himself into trouble. I wouldn't want to have him as a friend or as an employee. And I don't have any idea how bad the watchlist is, so if you could tell me more I'd be interested.

My dad once went to Israel, India, China for business and then to the USA and for a while customs took him aside and checked him again so being on the actual list has to be pretty bad.

kids stupid. a selfish way to put himself in danger and not care about his loved ones. sounds more like a drunken FRAT bet more than anything else.

Total moron.

+1 Total moron. Should just wear a bulls-eye t-shirt & make it quick & painless.

I suspect a lot of people here have "traveled" in war zones...

I dont have a problem with somebody flying somewhere and joining a cause they believe in... Even if doing so may risk their lives... I also dont have a problem with Soldiers of Fortune and Mercenaries UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES. The U.S. has laws where when Soldiers of Fortune cross certain lines, they become criminals...

The strange thing is, this kid is neither a SOF or a true believer...

The problem with the current case is, EVEN THE U.S. Government isnt really sure WHO the "Rebels" are... Without a doubt there is an element of Al Quada within them.

I suspect this kid may have broken some laws... But its unlikely he'll be charged...

My dad once went to Israel, India, China for business and then to the USA and for a while customs took him aside and checked him again so being on the actual list has to be pretty bad.

There are certainly some passport stamps that will get you noticed... For example- I would not suggest that your father travel to Pakistan after that little jaunt.

While I think this kid is a moron...

The writer of the article is an even bigger one:

very unsafely resting his rifle on the ground with the barrel pointed up while his new buddies crowd around.

I'd say he could do us all a favor and get clipped by a stray round, but no doubt he would get a medal of sorts, a WH invitation and a scholarship to UCLA.

What an idiot.

While I think this kid is a moron...

The writer of the article is an even bigger one:

Its "WIRED" Magazine.

The author learned everything thing he knows about guns playing Call Of Duty. And hes a fcuking expert compared to his readers...

Typical stupid ass UCLA student.

The school sucks so much ass it is a turned into a fcuking pit.

Bruins fcuking suck.

GO TROJANS!!!

Its "WIRED" Magazine.

The author learned everything thing he knows about guns playing Call Of Duty. And hes a fcuking expert compared to his readers...

Good point.

And to everyone saying anyone volunteering to go there is silly, I volunteered to go. But another dude beat me to it in my unit. Granted I would be flying in circles just outside of every known SAM threat...the fact still stands.

Difference between me and the California dreamer is I am adequately trained and equipped.

Good point.

And to everyone saying anyone volunteering to go there is silly, I volunteered to go. But another dude beat me to it in my unit. Granted I would be flying in circles just outside of every known SAM threat...the fact still stands.

Difference between me and the California dreamer is I am adequately trained and equipped.

But he is a Math student! Hahaha