porter

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:eusa_naughty: My money is on Mir!

INSANE boxing by Dos Santos! The answer is to get him to the ground (most likely), but it doesn't seem to easy... Great victory, and great card!

Heavy weight = 1st round

I now remember why I hate that class. Nelson, Hardy, and pretty much everyone else had the local Vegas clubs on their minds. Hate I even wasted the time and money. Mir looked like a complete noob.

Tomorrow they will look at the fight tape and it will go something like this. Mir says, "This is the starting bell. If you look closely you can see the fight plan fly right out of the octagon".

Best

INSANE boxing by Dos Santos! The answer is to get him to the ground (most likely), but it doesn't seem to easy... Great victory, and great card!

We liked the card too. Short fights and lots of action. Dos Santos is a bad man, and Cain's fight is the reason this will never truly go mainstream. 99.9% of people would be disgusted by that bloodbath.

Pretty good fights last night...

Two fighters that should NEVER be allowed to fight in the UFC again -

Frank Mir - Just pathetic

Mayhem Miller - Dude...Loved you as a coach on TUF - You stink when it comes to actual fighting.

Pretty good fights last night...

Two fighters that should NEVER be allowed to fight in the UFC again -

Frank Mir - Just pathetic

Mayhem Miller - Dude...Loved you as a coach on TUF - You stink when it comes to actual fighting.

Mir came in out of shape and looked like to Mir of 2006. Mayhem's wrestling just isn't good enough for him to be able to use his BJJ against strong wrestlers, and his striking has never been top notch.

I debated not ordering the fights because I share the same sentiments with PCow. That being said, I've watched worse PPVs this year.

Mir came in out of shape and looked like to Mir of 2006. Mayhem's wrestling just isn't good enough for him to be able to use his BJJ against strong wrestlers, and his striking has never been top notch.

I debated not ordering the fights because I share the same sentiments with PCow. That being said, I've watched worse PPVs this year.

I've been hearing more and more about the resurgence of wrestling as it applies to MMA.

Only problem is wrestling isn't taught at a lot of places outside of high schools.

Glad Mayhem got cut, I really liked him too, but you can't get into a fight in the worlds biggest promotion and run out of gas twice in a row.

Cain... uh... fcuk it, I won't say anything else. :shock:

BIG COUNTRY 4evar. :icon_thumleft:

Interesting this card was polarizing amongst us. I thought it was pretty fun to watch, and a nice change from watching fights grind out to a decision.

Agree fully with you guys though on Mir (lol gut hanging over his shorts), and Mayhem (the best thing about him were his entrances).

Glad Mayhem got cut, I really liked him too, but you can't get into a fight in the worlds biggest promotion and run out of gas twice in a row.

Cain... uh... fcuk it, I won't say anything else. :shock:

BIG COUNTRY 4evar. :icon_thumleft:

Roy is a tough guy for sure. He's a good gatekeeper for the division, but nobody wants to see him get scrambled by JDS again.

There's a bit of a gap between JDS and Cain and everyone else. Cormier did great against Barnett and Bigfoot and should be ready to go pretty soon, but has the same "wont-fight-a-teammate" BS going with Cain. I think they're both at AKA. We've also got Overeem sometime in the future, but after that the division is pretty thin. Lesnar coming back apparently will only be to sell PPVs, and shouldn't impact the top echelon guys IMO.

Lesnar is coming back?

I agree with everything, especially the whole teammate bullshit, and yes, they're both at AKA.

I'm pissed at 'reem for screwing this thing up, I really wanted to see weather or not he was above the Cain/Junior fold.

Here's also why I rooter for Lesnar against 'reem. I thought he was kind of in the Mir bracket, big power, but lacking in mobility and athleticism. I only watched that Werdum fight of his, and wasn't impressed. He really showed something else against Brock. Can't wait for him to come back, hopefully he doesn't blow it up again.

Nice touch on the consort name change there, douche.

• 4 weeks later...

Anderson Silva is clearly pissed off and motivated as per his UFC 148 conference call today - is this good news or bad news for Sonnen?

"Chael is a criminal, he is a criminal. He has been convicted of crimes and he doesn't deserve to be inside the Octagon. When the time is right, I am going to break his face and every one of his teeth in his mouth. Playtime is over, the jokes are over. I am going to beat his ass out of the UFC. He is never going to want to fight again after I am done with him. It doesn't matter if I am on bottom, side or top. Chael is going to get his ass kicked like never before. What I do inside the Octagon is going to change the image of the sport. I am going to make sure his legs are broke and arms are broke he will not be able to walk out by himself. I know he is listening; no more shit talking, it is on now. I'm going to make him pay and make him eat everything he said about myself and my country. I'm going to make sure he does not disrespect any other fighter. I'm going to beat him like his parents should have beat him to have manners. He can say whatever he wants, but I am not playing anymore. It will be the same like the first fight. He walked out the loser and this time he is going to walk out the loser. The only difference is that this time he is going to have to visit a plastic surgeon after the fight."

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/6/25/3116685/...-face#storyjump

Anderson Silva is clearly pissed off and motivated as per his UFC 148 conference call today - is this good news or bad news for Sonnen?

"Chael is a criminal, he is a criminal. He has been convicted of crimes and he doesn't deserve to be inside the Octagon. When the time is right, I am going to break his face and every one of his teeth in his mouth. Playtime is over, the jokes are over. I am going to beat his ass out of the UFC. He is never going to want to fight again after I am done with him. It doesn't matter if I am on bottom, side or top. Chael is going to get his ass kicked like never before. What I do inside the Octagon is going to change the image of the sport. I am going to make sure his legs are broke and arms are broke he will not be able to walk out by himself. I know he is listening; no more shit talking, it is on now. I'm going to make him pay and make him eat everything he said about myself and my country. I'm going to make sure he does not disrespect any other fighter. I'm going to beat him like his parents should have beat him to have manners. He can say whatever he wants, but I am not playing anymore. It will be the same like the first fight. He walked out the loser and this time he is going to walk out the loser. The only difference is that this time he is going to have to visit a plastic surgeon after the fight."

I pray for this to happen.

First fight was a fluke, Chael is gonna get destroyed!

:turboalex: x100

I missed the medium rare comment before :lol2:

I think the big difference between Sonnen and the rest is he actually believes in his mind with absolute certainty he can beat Silva. Most if not all the other guys buy into the Silva mystique and are half beaten before the match even begins. I would bet a lot of them even are scared. Sonnen seems different in that regard. And it probably doesn't hurt that he's a little deranged as well.

Should be a good match.

I think the big difference between Sonnen and the rest is he actually believes in his mind with absolute certainty he can beat Silva. Most if not all the other guys buy into the Silva mystique and are half beaten before the match even begins. I would bet a lot of them even are scared.

Yup, and I think that's exactly what caught Silva off guard the last time. Sonnen went straight for him and didn't show him the "respect" pretty much all other fighters do. In most fights the opponents seem to be afraid to engage Silva, and he can play his game exactly like he wants to.

I don't see Silva being surprised like that again, he sure is prepared for Sonnen to go straight at him.

And granted Sonnen pounded on him for 23 minutes the last time, he did very little damage... I see Silva winning by KO in round 2!

Yup, and I think that's exactly what caught Silva off guard the last time. Sonnen went straight for him and didn't show him the "respect" pretty much all other fighters do. In most fights the opponents seem to be afraid to engage Silva, and he can play his game exactly like he wants to.

I don't see Silva being surprised like that again, he sure is prepared for Sonnen to go straight at him.

And granted Sonnen pounded on him for 23 minutes the last time, he did very little damage... I see Silva winning by KO in round 2!

OMG you are my brains clone!