This is how to drive a Hummer H1...lol

LamboSPEED

Al-Qaeda going into the country and using it to fight the United States and allies is what made it a war zone after Hussein being overthrown. Al-Qaeda was so brutal that they turned the Iraqi peoples against them, so I would think most Iraqis would be understanding as to why U.S. soldiers would bump their vehicles out of the way.

No... Trust me they hate it, even if some understand the reason for this kind of driving. They pull a lot of even more annoying stuff there that creates resentment.

However it is totally understandable why they do it, when US troops are prime targets for terrorist attacks. Human life > cars.

Al-Qaeda going into the country and using it to fight the United States and allies is what made it a war zone after Hussein being overthrown. Al-Qaeda was so brutal that they turned the Iraqi peoples against them, so I would think most Iraqis would be understanding as to why U.S. soldiers would bump their vehicles out of the way.

No. They absolutely do not see it. Try and imagine it here: France invaded the US, disbanded the entire Army and sent them out on the streets - our entire national history and monuments were destroyed, and then you see a Citroen going down your main street bumping cars out of the way. MOST Americans would not think "Oh they are here to help us, we understand..."

That being said, they simply do not look at us as trying to help. Not when we have been there for going on nine years. It takes a long time to combat an insurgency, and unfortunately it was mishandled from the get-go and we are still paying for those mistakes.

No... Trust me they hate it, even if some understand the reason for this kind of driving. They pull a lot of even more annoying stuff there that creates resentment.

However it is totally understandable why they do it, when US troops are prime targets for terrorist attacks. Human life > cars.

:iamwithstupid:

No. They absolutely do not see it. Try and imagine it here: France invaded the US, disbanded the entire Army and sent them out on the streets - our entire national history and monuments were destroyed, and then you see a Citroen going down your main street bumping cars out of the way. MOST Americans would not think "Oh they are here to help us, we understand..."

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I do not think this analogy holds. To make the correct analogy, America would have to be a brutal dictatorship, among the most brutal in existence, one that has oppression and terror committed against the peoples built into the system so as to keep everyone in a constant state of fear.

Then France invades, topples the regime, and now the problem is you have Citroens going down the road knocking vehicles out of the way because some extremist group has decided to use their toppling of the dictatorship to start a war against them and they are targets. Many people might very much view it that they are here to help. I guess it just depends on the culture.

Also, while annoying, IMO if your occupying military is at worst doing things like bumping vehicles out of the way and only then to keep safe, well I mean that's a lot better than the types of occupying forces that rape, pillage, murder, etc...Now if Iraq had been a prosperous democratic country and the U.S. decided to invade and topple the government and establish a puppet government, and insurgents were fighting back, then yes, I think the people would very much resent being bumped out of the way.