Looking for a Winter Sports Car

VBUGKING

So I had been toying with the idea of picking up a GTR a lot lately and also considering a few other cars. Well the wife is so against the GTR that she talked me into looking for another 911 Turbo PDK. I have missed my white 2010 Turbo PDK ever since I sold it many months ago. I have been looking online everywhere (Ebay, Autotrader, cars.com, dupont, Ove, etc) for one, but havent really found one that looks like it could be had for a great deal. I am just beginning my search so I am still trying to figure out the real value of these. Anyone know the market on these and what they are really worth?

I would like a coupe but am open to a convertible. I am also open to a Turbo S, but the main thing is just getting a really good deal. I want something that doesnt show dirt as I will be driving this in all sorts of weather. Silver or Gray seems to not show dirt the best. Black is completely out of the question. If I cant find something I may have to look at Panamera Turbos instead....

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I had been toying with the idea of picking up a GTR a lot lately and also considering a few other cars. Well the wife is so against the GTR that she talked me into looking for another 911 Turbo PDK. I have missed my white 2010 Turbo PDK ever since I sold it many months ago. I have been looking online everywhere (Ebay, Autotrader, cars.com, dupont, Ove, etc) for one, but havent really found one that looks like it could be had for a great deal. I am just beginning my search so I am still trying to figure out the real value of these. Anyone know the market on these and what they are really worth?

I would like a coupe but am open to a convertible. I am also open to a Turbo S, but the main thing is just getting a really good deal. I want something that doesnt show dirt as I will be driving this in all sorts of weather. Silver or Gray seems to not show dirt the best. Black is completely out of the question. If I cant find something I may have to look at Panamera Turbos instead....

What is in your garage currently? Would help make recommendations from that point on.

Any version of the R8?

Not considering the R8, its a great car, but I want something more low key for this purpose. I really love the PDK tranny and AWD of the 911/Panamera.

What is in your garage currently? Would help make recommendations from that point on.

ML63(wifes)

Z4(wifes)

X5m

Bentley Supersports Vert

Sold my DBS vert a few months ago and miss it, so I am picking up a DBS coupe very shortly. Probably will keep this until the Aventador comes in. Dealer said my car is in production, and will likely be done in January, but not get here until Feb.

You have a BMW Z4 for the wife and she said no to the GTR..... We need to have an intervention with her. PM me your address and I'll be on the next flight out.

I personally love the panamera and I am not a huge fan of sedans, more of a coupe type guy. Obviously a Turbo or Turbo S in a panamera, coupe or convertible would be a great buy.

We know it has to be AWD so keeping that in mind your options are slim

Audi R8 or S5 which you said no to on the R8 and the S5 will be to slow

Porsche Turbo or panamera - possibility

Nissian GTR - Pending intervention

MBZ CL550 or S550 AWD- ???

BMW 6 or 7 series AWD - ???

Bentley Flying Spur or mulsanne - what you have but bigger and slower or the Mulsanne which is possibly the hottest 4 door out now

Bugatti Veyron - Possibly not the best or the best daily driver in the winter

That's my list good luck

Seeing as how you already have a X5M, have you driven a new M3 with the Double Clutch Trans? Silverstone or space grey look great. Maybe trade the Z4M for it, drive it for 2 months and give it two your wife after when the Aventador arrives. If not a panamera gts or turbo works too. Good luck!

Any version of the Gallardo?

Or how about this?

Dont need another exotic, I am pretty set on getting either a 911 turbo or Panamera. Wife doenst like the Panamera's so leaning towards the 911, its smaller and more sporty.

That 911 Turbo S vert you posted is nice, but I am not going to buy a new car, I am looking for a used one thats a really good deal.

You have a BMW Z4 for the wife and she said no to the GTR..... We need to have an intervention with her. PM me your address and I'll be on the next flight out.

I personally love the panamera and I am not a huge fan of sedans, more of a coupe type guy. Obviously a Turbo or Turbo S in a panamera, coupe or convertible would be a great buy.

We know it has to be AWD so keeping that in mind your options are slim

Audi R8 or S5 which you said no to on the R8 and the S5 will be to slow

Porsche Turbo or panamera - possibility

Nissian GTR - Pending intervention

MBZ CL550 or S550 AWD- ???

BMW 6 or 7 series AWD - ???

Bentley Flying Spur or mulsanne - what you have but bigger and slower or the Mulsanne which is possibly the hottest 4 door out now

Bugatti Veyron - Possibly not the best or the best daily driver in the winter

That's my list good luck

Women hate GTRs and I know why. They are pretty ugly and they are cheap looking, and women could give a sh it about performance. The Z4 was a great lease, 24 months (10k miles a year) for under $500 a month for a 70k car, nothing else touches it for that kind of lease payment and terms. And as much as it pains me to say it, the Z4 has a much higher quality interior and exterior than the GTR. I am not even going to go into having to deal with the Nissan dealership. 400hp after ecu upgrade and it's pretty fast and fun to drive. So it wasnt that that the Z4 won over any other car, it was just too good of a deal to pass up and just something extra to have laying around.

Most of the cars you mentioned are big cars that arent all that sporty. My SS pretty much negates the need for most of those cars as well. I am pretty much set on the 911 as its fits everything I need. Just need to find a good deal on one that fits my criteria. Small and super easy to park, low key, awd, dual clutch, fast, comfortable. My only gripes on the 911 turbo besides price are the lack of "entry and drive" and automatic headlights. Even the Aventador has those....

The new BMW M5?

I'm only throwing this out there as an alternative to the Panamera. I know it's not AWD but there's a guy in my town that DDs the previuos one year round, snow and all. He just puts winter tires on it and it works fine.

I've test driven several PDKs and think it's brilliant.

We have the CL550 4matic (2011). Sporty. Comfy. Quicker than expected. Great car - but not exactly small. It is low key (some call it "stealth wealth"). It does not draw attention and most don't understand what it is. Maybe the "C" moniker is misleading. The back seat is a PITA to get in & out of so realistically it's a 2 seater - but if you are considering 911 Turbo you don't care about back seats.

What about a Carrera 4S (cab or coupe)? There's a 2012 coupe at one of our Porsche dealers - Meteor Gray, PDK, nicely optioned and he originally offered me a 5% discount. Yesterday he offered 10%. The closer the 991 is - the more they want to move existing inventory. Since they won't make a 991 version of the 4S right away it's hard to know if prices will drop as fast as the 911 and the 911S.

From my research it would make a good year round DD - but if you want Turbo, the Carrera won't satisfy.

Good luck

I've test driven several PDKs and think it's brilliant.

We have the CL550 4matic (2011). Sporty. Comfy. Quicker than expected. Great car - but not exactly small. It is low key (some call it "stealth wealth"). It does not draw attention and most don't understand what it is. Maybe the "C" moniker is misleading. The back seat is a PITA to get in & out of so realistically it's a 2 seater - but if you are considering 911 Turbo you don't care about back seats.

What about a Carrera 4S (cab or coupe)? There's a 2012 coupe at one of our Porsche dealers - Meteor Gray, PDK, nicely optioned and he originally offered me a 5% discount. Yesterday he offered 10%. The closer the 991 is - the more they want to move existing inventory. Since they won't make a 991 version of the 4S right away it's hard to know if prices will drop as fast as the 911 and the 911S.

From my research it would make a good year round DD - but if you want Turbo, the Carrera won't satisfy.

Good luck

I don't think Vbox is into slow cars.

Sold my DBS vert a few months ago and miss it, so I am picking up a DBS coupe very shortly. Probably will keep this until the Aventador comes in. Dealer said my car is in production, and will likely be done in January, but not get here until Feb.

Are you picking up the DBS outside of Maserati Nashville? That car is so sharp!

You have an x5m an ml63 and an awd bentley those are perfect for winter already!

Yeah, just wanted something more sporty and smaller than the SUVs that wasnt an exotic, but performed like one. I probably dont even need another car though, geez, I need to stop!

Are you picking up the DBS outside of Maserati Nashville? That car is so sharp!

No, I hate that color combo, and my neighbor owned that car.....I am getting a white one.

Hey VBOXKING...I have an idea...

Why not get a 2 yr old 458 for over msrp?? LOL.....(inside joke here) :icon_mrgreen:

GL with the Porsche. A great car I am sure. :icon_thumleft:

Hey VBOXKING...I have an idea...

Why not get a 2 yr old 458 for over msrp?? LOL.....(inside joke here) :icon_mrgreen:

GL with the Porsche. A great car I am sure. :icon_thumleft:

Lols, you bastard!

Yeah, just wanted something more sporty and smaller than the SUVs that wasnt an exotic, but performed like one. I probably dont even need another car though, geez, I need to stop!

I thought I had issues :icon_butt: