Sold the UGR GTT 6-Speed and Bought a.....

houstonT

.............2008 Gallardo Superleggerra, that happens to be at UGR getting the stage 3 TT kit. :) I had the opportunity to drive my good friend Bob Helms SL a few months ago and I was sold. That thing felt as fast on 10 psi of boost as mine did at 15 psi of boost, and that's all it took. A combination of gearing, 300 lbs less weight and the UGR proprietary shift program account for that.

The car that I bought comes with a story. In January 2011 Jamie Carter asked me to go look at a yellow SL that was at Lambo Houston getting some service work done. He was in the market and wanted to buy it. So, off I went...took 30+ pics and Jamie ended up buying the car. He shipped the car from Houston to UGR and within a week found a white SL and bought that. Kevin at UGR bought the yellow SL from Jamie and kept it for himself and subsequently built the white SL for Jamie. Well, fast fwd to a month ago...Kevin was building the car for a customer (yellow SL) and the deal fell through. I swooped in and now own a 2008 yellow SL. :) Car should be home in a month or two and is VERY clean. It has 2900 miles on the odometer. As for my style...I never thought I would own a yellow car, but here I am, the owner of a yellow SL.

I will update this thread with pics and progress on the build. In the meantime here are pics from January 2011 when I went to look at the car for Jamie:

a5ce0e0a.jpg

0b522be8.jpg

c572e44d.jpg

548d42c0.jpg

b2aa4696.jpg

f3172b6b.jpg

42270833.jpg

ed87a513.jpg

The car will have the wheels painted black and the calipers yellow like this:

64633278.jpg

Here is where Kevin is with the build...motor DONE, tranny DONE...turbo kit next:

f6a0ca9c.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!! SLs are special.

Can the e gear trans in the GSL hold 1000 whp reliably without modifying it?

Congrats! That is great news on the sale and purchase! Excited to see the progression to the TT on the SL!

VBOXKING - thanks bud, I can't wait to get her home!

Kisco - thanks...that is a Kevin question...my car is getting some tranny mods.

Chapstick - the pearl in the color is stunning in person, I can't wait to post finished pics...

2007 - LOL, ya really?!?!?!

Kev - did Roy at Cats broker the sale for you? Was it at Lambo Houston getting warranty work done? Is your name Kevin? LOL If so, it's your old car b/c I recall seeing the name Kevin V _ _ _ _ r on the title. If that's you, drop me a PM and tell me about your ownership experience and the time you spent with the car.

Lambooty - really? That's it?

Charlie - in 2 years it will be a 2011 SL :) Slowly moving up...

Peter

Kev - did Roy at Cats broker the sale for you? Was it at Lambo Houston getting warranty work done? Is your name Kevin? LOL If so, it's your old car b/c I recall seeing the name Kevin V _ _ _ _ r on the title. If that's you, drop me a PM and tell me about your ownership experience and the time you spent with the car.

Peter

He did broker the sale and it was getting some warranty work done. That is my old car then LOL. I had a great time with the car. Bought it from LoH with 200 miles on it so didn't drive it all that much over the 2 years I had it. Hope you enjoy it in good health. Will send you a pm.

Yessir, Lamborghini stated that the 2008 Superleggera was 154 pounds lighter than the standard Gallardo. However, a good chunk of that 154 pound reduction did not make its way into most US-spec 2008 SLs. This was due to the US-spec cars not receiving the lightweight carbon fiber seats which were lighter not only due to the CF but also because they lacked airbags and heating elements. Now add in a lot of the popular US options such as the CF wing, radio with speakers and NAV, travel package, convenience package, etc and the overall weight savings of the SL is likely in the 100-125 pound range. But it doesn't quite end there since your old Gallardo was a 6-speed manual and that is lighter than the e-gear transmission due to it having less hardware and electronics. :-)

VBOXKING - thanks bud, I can't wait to get her home!

Kisco - thanks...that is a Kevin question...my car is getting some tranny mods.

Chapstick - the pearl in the color is stunning in person, I can't wait to post finished pics...

2007 - LOL, ya really?!?!?!

Lambooty - really? That's it?

Charlie - in 2 years it will be a 2011 SL :) Slowly moving up...

Peter

Congrats!! SLs are special.

Can the e gear trans in the GSL hold 1000 whp reliably without modifying it?

factory rated for 750 crank hp. but obviously they are stronger than that

for short bursts.