2012 NSX concept

lambo_major

Nobody needs, or wants, an ugly $125k 400HP 'R8-Hybrid', which is exactly what this car is being positioned as.

Funny i been seeing some NSX's lately and was saying to myself.. damn thats a pretty cool car..

That's because current styling trends are shit.

90s FTW (Diablo, F355, NSX, Esprit, etc, etc, etc, etc).

FatAssGTR.jpg

I gotta agree.. The otherday I even saw a mint condition 348 Challange. Superclean, and I was like damn.. thats a nice car.. I would def pimp a nicely modded superclean NSX. But I do like the GTR. I think that cars performance, technology and price is partially responsible for killing newer exotics for me. If Im not crazy about the looks of them, what am I buying for the rediculous price tags..

Nobody needs, or wants, an ugly $125k 400HP 'R8-Hybrid', which is exactly what this car is being positioned as.

I agree, but Audi does sell the R8 E-tron...

Regardless, from the front, that 'NSX' looks like an ugly cross between a 360 and a Solstice. Or is it a Saturn Sky? Forget which... but yeah, two ugly cars.

:lol2: That picture gives it quite the perspective. As much as i like the GTR, a mint 2000+ NSX would be awesome to have!

That's true. The new car styles are shit except for the R8, Fisker Karma and Maserati GT. the rest are booooooring or too computer designed to have any passion.

NSX is one of my favorite cars, and one of the most fun cars I've ever driven. Sucks Honda is following toyota's strategy of becoming the most boring car company, this car bearing the NSX name will likely be a huge disappointment.

really? I can see it doing well. Imagine the ads: 0-60 in under 4 seconds, 400 hp, and 40 or 50 mpg or something like that. Sounds good to me!

Will anyone want a 125k Honda that only has a V6?

That being said, many know I still love the original NSX and plan to pick one up soon...I don't see this one having the same fan base unless it performs well above expectations.

Will anyone want a 125k Honda that only has a V6?

That being said, many know I still love the original NSX and plan to pick one up soon...I don't see this one having the same fan base unless it performs well above expectations.

True. The nsx, like the Lexus ls400 were game changers. I think it's going to be a harder task now. The lf-a failed to be a game changer, this probably will too.

True. The nsx, like the Lexus ls400 were game changers. I think it's going to be a harder task now. The lf-a failed to be a game changer, this probably will too.

I agree, very difficult to create a game changer these days. Honda lost money on every NSX they sold. An aluminum body and titanium rods in 1991 combined with an unheard of reliability and fit and finish for a supercar of that era. I had one as a dd, loved it. The only negatives were the excessive tire wear on the inside rear edge due to the way the camber is set up (you can't adjust all of it out) and it was tricky to drive in the rain. The engine and in particular the gearbox (rifle bolt shifts) were amazing.

My old 99 NSX T Monte Carlo Pearl Blue with black interior. It's still my wife's favorite sports car that I have owned, Lamborghini included.

prime_canyon_drive_2002_036.jpg

i honestly kind of like the "new nsx." Everyone loves the old one so it will be hard to top. But keeping with modern times and looking to the future, I think they did a pretty good job.

It's a good sports car I'm sure, and it looks nice, but call me a fanboy if you want, but I don't believe it should retain the NSX name then. It just seems odd when you take something that's become a bit of a halo and legend and completely change what it became known for.

Had they created a mid engined Gallardo/458/MP412C fighter (light, easy to drive, either RWD/AWD is fine) and called it the NSX, less people would be likely to be annoyed by it...but changing it's class at the same time and trying to keep the old name doesn't make sense.

It'd be like the Ferrari 430 successor being the Ferrari FF and not the 458 as it is.

Am I the only one wondering about the headlights? They do not appear to flip up, so I assume their is some sort of trick LED lighting or a lens that can appear body color or smoked when not lit.

Either way, I still prefer the old NSX and think this one looks way too much like an R8 to have a market at $125K. At $80K they could sell it all day.

Am I the only one wondering about the headlights? They do not appear to flip up, so I assume their is some sort of trick LED lighting or a lens that can appear body color or smoked when not lit.

that would be really cool if it was the case. More likely because its not a production car (re-bodied old one or even if they also use a prototype) and is on a movie set so they don't have to have any.

:lol2: That picture gives it quite the perspective. As much as i like the GTR, a mint 2000+ NSX would be awesome to have!

I just happen to have one Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
My old 99 NSX T Monte Carlo Pearl Blue with black interior. It's still my wife's favorite sports car that I have owned, Lamborghini included.

prime_canyon_drive_2002_036.jpg

I spy some HRE 545's on your MCB NSX ;)

We just photo shot this '97 NSX with under 24k miles with our newer C95 Comp Series Wheel

6550213873_555890e69a_b.jpg

More pictures of this car here

The NSX is a classic car for me, will be hard to beat.