Countach Price CHeck

topcabron

I have the opportunity to purchase a Anniversary Countach out of a private collection.

Here are the details as I understand them:

Black on black

5000 miles

Engine out and clutch within 1000 miles

Paint is perfect

interior is perfect

No leaks or anything funky

No wing and Euro bumpers

Car looks great even though its am Anniversary Edition.

Have no idea what to offer, but the listing prices on the net range from $115-!30,000. This is not the selling price though and most are offered by dealers which tend to be more expensive.

HELP! Need experienced advise. I actually like the car without the wing

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$110,000 assuming a PPI with good results.

That will leave you some money for newer date code tires and the inevitable leaks to repair.

No wing is the only way to have an anniversario IMO.

$110,000 assuming a PPI with good results.

That will leave you some money for newer date code tires and the inevitable leaks to repair.

No wing is the only way to have an anniversario IMO.

okay, that gives me a place to start. Thanks

Try a little lower, and if it doesn't work be prepared to go up. Not to offend anyone, and this is my opinion only, but I would stop at 120k (assuming no sport seats & not a dd of course ). 105-115 would be my speed on the 89, at the moment. I will say this however, trying to save 5-10k on a Countach is not important. The condition is. Make sure the owners manual, tool kit, & spare is present as well.

If 1. PPI is negative, 2. you really like the car, color combo, etc. 3. plan to keep her for a long long time, $120K is not high

at all. There are fewer and fewer mint black/black,cream,tan,red anniversaries in north America out there for sale.

Buyers/collectors from emerging counties actually appreciate Anniversario more!

If 1. PPI is negative, 2. you really like the car, color combo, etc. 3. plan to keep her for a long long time, $120K is not high

at all. There are fewer and fewer mint black/black,cream,tan,red anniversaries in north America out there for sale.

Buyers/collectors from emerging counties actually appreciate Anniversario more!

I dont think they are appreciating them more. They are settling for them. For the same price early cars that have been used, or an 89 Anniv Garage queen.

When I was shopping for my car last year, I was also looking at Anniversary cars. I looked at about 7 of them and spoke to a few new owners. The average actual selling price was 100K.

When I was shopping for my car last year, I was also looking at Anniversary cars. I looked at about 7 of them and spoke to a few new owners. The average actual selling price was 100K.

:iamwithstupid:

I have seen them from $100k to $120k.

Start at 100k...........Expect to spend 10-15k in service.....because most wind up in the shop for a few things and quickly because a major service.

No matter what you are told by a seller, there is always work that needs/should be done.

I still recommend a carbed car.

"Car looks great even though its am Anniversary Edition." haha that was funny.

Also, engine out within last 1000 miles.....paperwork to back that up?

1000 miles could be in the last 15 years.

If your happy with it I would say offer $100K based on supply and demand.

While the right combo on an anniversary Countach can look pretty nice the fact still remains its supply vs demand.

You see plenty of anniversary cars for sale however you seldom see other versions for sale, and when you do they are more money.

Best of luck, Vic

I dont think they are appreciating them more. They are settling for them. For the same price early cars that have been used, or an 89 Anniv Garage queen.

:iamwithstupid:

On the flip side, Ill tell you what is a MAJOR selling point of the 88.5 QV and 25th.... The Updated Digital Climate Control... I am SOOOO happy mine has it. I dont think Id enjoy it as much otherwise.

I like the styling of the earlier Countach a great deal more, there is many good things about a 89. As mentioned an improved ac system. I'm sure in Arizona that will be a much bigger deal. The stock 89 seats don't look as cool, but they have to be more comfortable. I have not sat in one though. A 5000 mile car condition if it was kept up would be a plus also. The market has changed a great deal. Being realistic look at what a carbed 5000s car, a dd, and a low body typically ask/sell for. Many would warm up to the 89 idea, well at least me anyways. Still a lot of money for a toy, a 100k doesn't buy much of a Countach when you count all of the variants. I don't think any of us would be interested in a 100k for our cars to put things in perspective.

i do not find the anniversario seats better than the old "banana" seats

to be honest the anniversario seats are an issue for taller guys

Three things here.......they are much cheaper in the US than Europe it would appear. There are more for sale because there are more of them. The countach is an issue for taller guys full stop...it's not just the seats.

Engine and clutch at 1000m.........not normal.

Three things here.......they are much cheaper in the US than Europe it would appear. There are more for sale because there are more of them. The countach is an issue for taller guys full stop...it's not just the seats.

Engine and clutch at 1000m.........not normal.

i have been in all variants, every model from LP400 to 25th

the normal anniversary seats are thicker and a problem for taller guys, this is the main reasons lamborghini had a thinner sport seat options for this model ....

i can fit perfectly in a 5000S or QV and not so much in an anniversary.... same goes for the low body and LP400 (low roof cars)

anniversary countach is now one of the cheaper countach versions, either in US and in Europe

this at the moment! for many years anniversario was considered the countach to have and one of the more expensive (if not the MOST epensive of them all)

i do not think it is a bad car, at the opposite is the most developed and reliable

but this is how things are today, market is always in evolution, so things could change again

i have been in all variants, every model from LP400 to 25th

the normal anniversary seats are thicker and a problem for taller guys, this is the main reasons lamborghini had a thinner sport seat options for this model ....

i can fit perfectly in a 5000S or QV and not so much in an anniversary.... as in the low body and LP400 (low roof cars)

I dont think I will fit at 6'3

I dont think I will fit at 6'3

i am 190 cm, so as hi as you

i think you would fit not very well in an anniversary car with standard seats

you would benefit from the optional sport seats

Well that's not good. I always thought the 89 seats would be more comfortable. At one time I took my drivers seat out. I was trying to figure a way to lower it, in a way that could be reversed at a latter date. No easy way to do it, so I left alone.

well, I am still committed to purchasing a CT soon.

What am I going to do, drive across the United States?

Toptampon, you are soo gay.. Just buy the damn thing... You havent had a nice ride since your Yellow Diablo..