FGT owner: "I am calling out all of the twin-turbo Lamborghinis"

EpDarks

First, congratulations on completing the car!

Isn't Peaks Ford GT the fastest Car that has gone through the mile so far at 266mph? I think the TT Ford GT will be fine against the high horse power Lamborghini's...but I guess it depends on how long the race is.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110042725879/h...le-world-record

Yes Rays car is the fastest car, but there has not been a quick GT yet! I'll have to look on the forum but I don't believe a GT has been much faster than a 4.5 in the 60-130. I have all the Dyno graphs of Joe's t.t gt from back in the day 1000-1400+rwhp and I will over lay it over mine and show you why a bigger hp t.tgt will not be quick. To much power and tq and no way to control it! But I am building a t.t combo that no one has done in a gt and hopefully it will work:)

The lambo''s for some reason have a very linear power curve much like mine and combined with awd makes them very fast!!!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How badly damaged was the Ford GT before you started rebuilding. Im guessing the damage was too the body panels which I would assume you replaced with Carbon fiber panels you fabricated yourself. Coudlnt imagine wanting to do 250+mph in a car that has had the frame fixed from damage!

I originally planed on putting all carbon panels on the car, but for safety reasons it will retain stock doors and the clambshell and roof skin for now will be the only carbon parts, rear bumper mold is close, we just work on the gt molds when we have time as the market would be very small to spend a bunch of time and money to knock them all out. It was rolled and there was no frame damage just all the body panels were junk!

I originally planed on putting all carbon panels on the car, but for safety reasons it will retain stock doors and the clambshell and roof skin for now will be the only carbon parts, rear bumper mold is close, we just work on the gt molds when we have time as the market would be very small to spend a bunch of time and money to knock them all out. It was rolled and there was no frame damage just all the body panels were junk!

Does the stock FGT have a cage in it? If not, forgive me for not knowing, but did you put one in? I pray so. Congrats on the build and good luck with the races. Should be a lot of fun!

Nice! thanks for the explanation.

Jesus Christ,this troll is still here with his grade school insults and opinion he thinks anyone is listening to our even more so cares about? Die in a fire please.

LOL

I have only read the subject of this thread, and none of the content. I haven't read the content because the subject doesn't interest me. Owning and driving a Lamborghini makes me feel like I am 12 years old and I love it. I am living out that old fantasy. Seeing someone blasting out schoolyard challenges like this makes me laugh. I am glad it exists but not interested in being part of it.

I have only read the subject of this thread, and none of the content. I haven't read the content because the subject doesn't interest me. Owning and driving a Lamborghini makes me feel like I am 12 years old and I love it. I am living out that old fantasy. Seeing someone blasting out schoolyard challenges like this makes me laugh. I am glad it exists but not interested in being part of it.

If you don't read the content then you should not comment. Commenting on something generally shows an interested in the topic too, so I'm not sure what your point is here.

There was and is nothing schoolyard about this.

So you posted that why then?

Does the stock FGT have a cage in it? If not, forgive me for not knowing, but did you put one in? I pray so. Congrats on the build and good luck with the races. Should be a lot of fun!

No it does not but it was crashed tested and certified @ 200mph I believe and ford engineers gave the info to Texas mile people and they do not have to have a cage to go fast in Texas! The chassis is an aluminum roll cage of sorts and it's very strong!!!!

No it does not but it was crashed tested and certified @ 200mph I believe and ford engineers gave the info to Texas mile people and they do not have to have a cage to go fast in Texas! The chassis is an aluminum roll cage of sorts and it's very strong!!!!

The Ford GT had the highest crush weight of any car ever tested (don't know if anything since has surpassed it). When they originally tested it, it actually broke the machine.

The Ford GT had the highest crush weight of any car ever tested (don't know if anything since has surpassed it). When they originally tested it, it actually broke the machine.

I was hoping you would chime in! I knew it was badass just didn't know how baddass. Wow

So you posted that why then?

:iamwithstupid:

Not reading an ENTIRE thread then commenting has quickly become a bannable offense. It's like a group of friends having a discussion for an hour then having a drunk wander in and interupt.

After watching this crash, I would want every damn safety device possible regardless of the strength of the vehicle. IMO you can't have too much protection when traveling well north of 200mph.

:iamwithstupid:

Not reading an ENTIRE thread then commenting has quickly become a bannable offense. It's like a group of friends having a discussion for an hour then having a drunk wander in and interupt.

On top of that, calling something school yard derived without even taking the time to read the reported persons own words is even more insulting. I believe being on a forum necessitates reading the content. Dan took the time to sign up and post his side of this and that in my book makes this a worthwhile thread. I welcome him to the community and welcome his posts about his build(s) and think everyone, save RaginLazyAss, else on here would too.

Dan, kick ass and take names. A friend of mine deals with you (or did) a good bit and spoke very highly of you every time you were mentioned. I'll keep from bringing his name in as he'll probably be in here soon. Best of luck to you, and thank you for taking the time to come here and join our strange little group.

Best

On top of that, calling something school yard derived without even taking the time to read the reported persons own words is even more insulting. I believe being on a forum necessitates reading the content. Dan took the time to sign up and post his side of this and that in my book makes this a worthwhile thread. I welcome him to the community and welcome his posts about his build(s) and think everyone, save RaginLazyAss, else on here would too.

Dan, kick ass and take names. A friend of mine deals with you (or did) a good bit and spoke very highly of you every time you were mentioned. I'll keep from bringing his name in as he'll probably be in here soon. Best of luck to you, and thank you for taking the time to come here and join our strange little group.

Best

Thanks and im pulling the motor and preping everything for paint this weekend and next week should spray color. Making and bonding carbon roof on aswell this weekend and making a long list of things todo....Going to be a long next few weeks.

I believe I talked to Dan when he was getting started on the project, very nice guy. Glad to see him get it wrapped up and I'm sure he's excited to get out and test it against some TT Lambos.

I hear that Dan will be at 2x2k. Looking forward to some runs.

Looks like Dan will be at the Texas Invitational in April. Which car will you guys line him up with, the Nera? :D

Looks like Dan will be at the Texas Invitational in April. Which car will you guys line him up with, the Nera? :D

The Nera is in Russia. I think we will be fine with just a Stage 3.

We will be at 2x2k, hope to see this GT and some fast GTR's out on the street.

Dan, if you plan to make it to 2x2k, call me and I we will make sure to meet up for some roll on action. :icon_mrgreen:

704-361-3443

Dan, if you plan to make it to 2x2k, call me and I we will make sure to meet up for some roll on action. :icon_mrgreen:

704-361-3443

I noticed a while back you guys built a 1900whp Lambo , which car was that done on ?

704-361-3443

I don't think I will make tx2k12 not for lack of effort and im tryin trust me. Car is a bare chassis, no int, dash, motor/trans is out. Will have it painted next week but computer is out for upgrades, injectors out for getn bigger, new balencer being made, cams off to get balenced, new bigger surge tank for extrafuel pump, installing egts, rear wheels are not done yet.... haha like im starting all over with the build again. I will have it done in time for the mile and will be ready for the Roll Race in April and I'm sure I will see you there. If everything goes better than planned I will be @ the texas 2k12...Rear wheels are going to be my only issue.....

I still have your number in my phone also

I don't think I will make tx2k12 not for lack of effort and im tryin trust me. Car is a bare chassis, no int, dash, motor/trans is out. Will have it painted next week but computer is out for upgrades, injectors out for getn bigger, new balencer being made, cams off to get balenced, new bigger surge tank for extrafuel pump, installing egts, rear wheels are not done yet.... haha like im starting all over with the build again. I will have it done in time for the mile and will be ready for the Roll Race in April and I'm sure I will see you there. If everything goes better than planned I will be @ the texas 2k12...Rear wheels are going to be my only issue.....

I still have your number in my phone also

Don't worry - there are two Stage 3 Underground cars in your backyard.