Aviation thread

capt_chaos

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

National Air Cargo Boeing 747-400

Chilling footage, rip to the crew. Been reading that there was a load shift and then as you can see the airplane stalled after take-off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Moar:

10.jpg

12.jpg

5%20hdr.jpg

What other military force on Earth paints skulls and crossbones and vomiting dogs on their jets' tails? No one. That's how awesome we are.

What other military force on Earth paints skulls and crossbones and vomiting dogs on their jets' tails? No one. That's how awesome we are.

Not familiar with the barfing dogs. Care to clue me in?

• 1 month later...

I am working on a project a few miles west of the Naval Air station in Lemoore. I see F18s flying over the site all day long and it never gets old. I have loved jets ever since I saw Top Gun when I was 5.

I am working on a project a few miles west of the Naval Air station in Lemoore. I see F18s flying over the site all day long and it never gets old. I have loved jets ever since I saw Top Gun when I was 5.

Thats like me. I work maybe a mile from the Airport in my city. There is an Air National Gaurd unit, they fly F16s. We always see them taking off/flying around. I still get up and watch them almost every time. Also we get C130s down from Minneapolis all the time. I can identify them sitting at my desk.

Very cool. I love jets! I remember arriving at my hotel in St Louis a couple years back which was right next to a base and no idea what kind of jet it was but it did a take off from the runway and almost immediately after wheels up just went vertical and took off. Awesome to see and hear!

Or paints Teeth on a flying gatling gun.

a-10-warthog-tank-buster-1a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So I saw FiFi yesterday and today and a B24. FiFi is the only Flying B29 and the B24 is one of three still flying. This particular B24 just flew big wigs around during the war, but it was repainted to appear to have flown in combat. I was sitting at my desk in my office near the Airport in Sioux Falls and thought I heard a Radial engine running. I ran outside to catch a glimplse of what I thought was a B29, a co worker confirmed it later. I was so excited! Then while standing outside with the smokers I saw a B24. I learned later they were both on display at the local FBO. So I went down there to check both the planes out. So cool to see in the flesh!

I couldnt really get that many good pictures, but here is a few!

post-7086-1376450546_thumb.jpg

post-7086-1376450558_thumb.jpg

post-7086-1376450569_thumb.jpg

post-7086-1376450628_thumb.jpg

post-7086-1376450674_thumb.jpg

post-7086-1376450700_thumb.jpg

The cable/pulley system that controls the flight surfaces of the B24

post-7086-1376450822_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...