Vitamin B-12, B Complex injections

Modo

For the past 3 months I've been getting B Complex injections twice a week. I've noticed an increase in energy and stamina when working out, and a general sense of well being. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm considering making it a permanant part of my regime, but I wanted to get some feedback.

Also the last time I went the girl who gives me the shots said I could buy pre-loaded needles ($5 each) from her and do it myself at home, which would be very convienent. I was also looking online and you can buy the vial and needles for less than a $1 per injection. Any thoughts? Am I playing with fire doing this myself? Any reputable online sources?

I appreciate your thoughts,

Sami

I'm taking B12 pills and I'll probably start with BComplex pills as well...I don't know about injections though, but the vitamins make an insane amount of difference, it already is a permanent part of my regimes.

I think my friend mentioned he knew someone who did it themselves...he had said the guy was doing alright, but I never really heard from him about the subject again...I can ask though.

I used to take the pills but I didnt notice any real difference, when I get the injection within 15 min I'm feeling energized. If you could follow up with your friend I would appreciate it. If you could find out where he gets it from that would be a score.

Been taking B-12 complex for years..definately made a difference.

Been taking B-12 complex for years..definately made a difference.

Pills or injections? If pills have you tried the injectible form?

I don't know about injections but i know vitamins and multivitamins are mostly complete BS. As in the body can only absorb a certain amount of vitamins at a time and then you just piss out the rest. Also from every research project I've read they show no health benefits in the majority of people. B 12 in particular because your body can only absorb 1.5-1.6 mcg per dose despite pills being sold at much larger amounts then that (up to 5000 mcg). The pills top out at roughly the amount the average person stores in their body anyway, but B12 stays in your body for a long time so there seems to be little need unless you have special circumstances.

Slightly related - I ingest 15,000-20,000 UI of vitamin D3 and have noticed a huge difference in health and general well being. (Yes I do get my blood tested 2x a year to make sure I'm not overly ingesting fat soluble vitamins)

Slightly related - I ingest 15,000-20,000 UI of vitamin D3 and have noticed a huge difference in health and general well being. (Yes I do get my blood tested 2x a year to make sure I'm not overly ingesting fat soluble vitamins)

That is a lot of Vitamin D, you don't really need more than 5 to 6000 IU a day, and even less if you live in the Sunny South.

That is a lot of Vitamin D, you don't really need more than 5 to 6000 IU a day, and even less if you live in the Sunny South.

That does seem like a lot. I read once that the body can produce 10k IU per day, so that's what I take. The days I get a lot of sun probably just cancel out the days I forget to take the pills.

I actually do, even at that that dosage sustained over a year I'm only at 38.9 ng/mL with the ideal range being 30-100 ng/mL. I was extremely deficient for quite some time.

Hmm Maybe I should try this!

You definitely should, especially if your still cutting calories. I started cutting calories and doing 2 hours of cardio everyday, and I found myself grumpy and lethargic. The B complex injections helped a lot with energy and more importantly mood.

I have used B12 injectable and noticed a huge difference in energy. I have been thinking about getting back on it. I self-injected them with no problems. Have someone show you the right way to do it and you will be fine.

Unless you have a very poor diet or vegetarian diet then the chances of low b-12 are low. Your body can only use so much. Vitamins are only pieces of pathways and don't have direct actions. The chances of placebo effect are very high.

Giving yourself injections is usually no big deal. If you are immunocompromised and or diabetic then you risk abscess, even with sterile technique.

I have used B12 injectable and noticed a huge difference in energy. I have been thinking about getting back on it. I self-injected them with no problems. Have someone show you the right way to do it and you will be fine.

Where do you get it from?

testosterone, roids

Doh. Don't know much about them, but what I do know is you lose hair and your balls shrink. Am I missing something?

Doh. Don't know much about them, but what I do know is you lose hair and your balls shrink. Am I missing something?

Yes, a lot actually.

I should note, the pills may have made a huge difference for me because I originally wasn't doing anything properly and my blood test showed that B12 was critically low, so it brought me back up. I also have small red blood cells (thalassiemic or something, i don't remember the spelling) so that's another reason. I figured they were a waste, but my friend was able to notice a difference.)

My friend hasn't replied yet about that other guy, I'll let you know when he does.

I can't seem to edit my previous post, but anyway:

He said he actually was the one who did them. He got them from the Pharmacy, just had to ask since it's kept behind the counter. He mentioned it being pretty easy to do and that you don't need a prescription. Hope that helps.