mp4 spider

g-force

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just put my name on the order list. Dealer told me first deliveries will take place in January 2013. Base price just under $270K.

Honestly the couple, though cool was underwhelming...This on the other hand is pure sex. I do wonder though when the gt3 version of the coupe and possibly an open top version of the gt3 come out how they'll be.

yes. the car is super fast and really easy to drive. the various personalities from the normal sport and track modes are really great. Add the convertible and you have a car that looks good, drives great and has the ability to be diverse for pretty much any occasion... This is a good one to get...

I just put my name on the order list. Dealer told me first deliveries will take place in January 2013. Base price just under $270K.

Are you trading in the Coupe?

Guest MOSS

The coupe is anything but boring and ugly. Fantastic car and I am sure the spider will make it to my garage. Its a McClaren. There customer service is outstanding compared to Lamborghini or Ferrari.

Such a sick car. I think they should stop producing the coupe and just sell this bad boy :monkeyleft:

Someone please order one in white :icon_mrgreen:

looks really good.... tiny engine window... why bother...

2013-mclaren-mp4-12c-spider-009.jpg

because McLaren. The 458 beat them to being the first hardtop convertible with a mid engine config, so they are now "the first hardtop convertible mid engine with a glass engine cover." See they like long titles there, ala MP4-12C. The dash is what sold them.

Both 458 and G spider look better inmo, but this looks better than the coupe inmo.

The gallardo spyder looks better than both. But I like the McLaren convertible much better than the 458 spider.

The 458 is like that hot new girl at the bar and the more you see her around town you realize she's just OK looking. She actually is a little boring after the initial hello and if she was't wearing so much make up, she would be very ordinary. That is just my opinion. There is a 458 Italia 2 blocks down from my beach house. It's ok. Not my thing. After I drove it I liked it less and now the looks are geting to me. I prefer the 430 16m and 430 Scud.

Ferrari's new headlight vibe is killing it for me. Now it seems to be like their version of Lamborghini's Y light assembly. It is carrying over to every model. I love the evil looking Lambo Y, but I hate this cartoonish new Ferrari headlight style. The new Ferrari's I have driven are excellent cars, but kind of boring. The Lamborghini's are still raw, they always were more raw then Ferrari, but Ferrari lost the fine line. The previous cars were refined but still a little wild when you wanted them to be. The new Ferraris are so damn good and solid but they lack any kind of drama. They feel like they are driving themselves. Thankfully, Lamborghini has never disappointed me yet with that kind of experience. I hope the new Gallardo replacement does not.

McLaren's 12C spider is great looking. Second to the Gallardo Spider in my book for 2 seater convertibles.

McLaren Spider in Azure Blue and Volcano Red will look unreal. Way better looking than the 458 Spider. I like the Lamborghini convertible better than the 458 too. I find the Ferraris very very boring. Looks good from the side, does nothing for me anywhere else. I will make a final judgement between the Lambo and McLaren when I see the McLaren Spider in the flesh. Have to say that the silver McLarens are quite boring. The colorful ones look unbelievable though. Went to McLaren SF today and Alan took great care of me. Highly recommend you go and meet him if you live in the area. Fantastic customer service.

You also can see the McLaren GTR Longtail in Gulf livery there right now. I also saw the only Azure Blue MP4-12C in the world. It is stunning, especially when it was next to the Volcano Red car. Perfect contrasts of each other.

I love Targas so I love the look of the new Spider. I can't decide if I like the Lambo Spyder more then the McLaren Spider though. I think the Lambo is 1a because of the front bumper/splitter combo but then again the McLaren looks more like a true targa.

I need to see some side by side shots to decide.

The 458 is not even in the same league as these two.

I am really liking the spider version. I have yet to check out or drive a coupe, I need to do that, and if I like it, put an order in on a spider.