Suggestions for a DD...

MHaynes772

From what I've gathered online, upgrading any of the technology on the CTS/CTS-V is pretty near impossible dealing with the Bose and the Pop up Nav out of the dash. It would require some EXTENSIVE cash to be thrown at it. Also, it doesn't not have bluetooth audio. Yeah you can sync your phone for bluetooth, but I can't just play music on my phone and have it play through the speakers. You have to plug it in the center console for that. Believe it or not, I ordered a 2013 F-150 fully loaded. I'm over the hauling ass phase for now I guess. I want comfort, something I throw people in and not care, reliable, full of the latest technology, and when I drive it for 2 years and put 60,000 miles on it, I can get what I almost paid for it. Maybe down the road when I can afford to have 2 cars, I'll get a fun car.

I'll put it this way, I went to lunch with friend yesterday and they were like, jeez this thing creeks more than my 2001 Montero. You can rest your leg against the center console and it creaks. Just annoying. I don't want to have to blare music every time to drown out the creaks and rattles.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've gathered online, upgrading any of the technology on the CTS/CTS-V is pretty near impossible dealing with the Bose and the Pop up Nav out of the dash. It would require some EXTENSIVE cash to be thrown at it. Also, it doesn't not have bluetooth audio. Yeah you can sync your phone for bluetooth, but I can't just play music on my phone and have it play through the speakers. You have to plug it in the center console for that. Believe it or not, I ordered a 2013 F-150 fully loaded. I'm over the hauling ass phase for now I guess. I want comfort, something I throw people in and not care, reliable, full of the latest technology, and when I drive it for 2 years and put 60,000 miles on it, I can get what I almost paid for it. Maybe down the road when I can afford to have 2 cars, I'll get a fun car.

I'll put it this way, I went to lunch with friend yesterday and they were like, jeez this thing creeks more than my 2001 Montero. You can rest your leg against the center console and it creaks. Just annoying. I don't want to have to blare music every time to drown out the creaks and rattles.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information! Congrats on the F-150...the sync system is great.

Nothing will kill the enjoyment of a car faster than creeks and rattles...it drives me nuts.

Sometimes my hearing loss is nice....I can't hear any of that stuff lol

My hearing is horrible too. Most of the time, the music in my car is so loud, I can't hear anything else.

I wonder if the 4 door CTS-V is as bad?

couple of weeks ago, I picked up a CTS V cpe on impulse as DD (instead of using GT3 everyday) and so far i'm impressed with car. no rattles yet and ride and engine performance is impressive for a sub $70k car. i do agree that interior materials and fit finish do not measure up to Euro standards, but for sure Caddy is headed in right direction. tried to get 6 spd manual but couldn't find one in So fla.

P1030953.JPG