Suggestions for a DD...

MHaynes772

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:iamwithstupid:

Beautiful car. Any reason you didn't go for a Coupe?

Yeah I think they're hideous haha. I absolutely hate the coupe. Plus I need more room than that. It is a daily driver.

Thanks for all the conpliments guys! It's fun!

Yeah I think they're hideous haha. I absolutely hate the coupe. Plus I need more room than that. It is a daily driver.

Thanks for all the conpliments guys! It's fun!

Awesome pick up Matt....really loving the new Vs.

great car man, congrats. How are you liking it?

Loving it. Definitely different from my 2004 CTS-V haha. Already feeling the itch for pulley and stuff haha

Loving it. Definitely different from my 2004 CTS-V haha. Already feeling the itch for pulley and stuff haha

Cool bro, I drove one of the newer ones and loved it, much better than my 2005 haha. Dunno if I told you, but I picked up a GTR and been enjoying that quite a bit.

Congrats! Most new car bang for the buck on the planet. Something weird about it being a Caddy that makes it all the more appealing. Enjoy.

• 1 month later...

Worst impulse buy ever. Car is, for lack of a better term, a piece of junk. The squeaks, rattles, and creaking are very abundant. Technology is WAY behind. Thought I could move past that, but can't. Getting rid of it.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the car is fun to drive and very fast, but just lacks SO much for a $75k car. I think it was more excitement getting back into something fast and fun, but it's just not something I need. I now get what Aaron was saying with there is really no way to enjoy a fast car in Nashville. No where to have fun with it. And with it being a daily driver, I'm not going to track the car. I am now more into comfort and reliability and practical. Guess it took leaving the F150 and getting something like this to realize it. Sucks. Luckily I got one hell of a deal on this car so I feel I can get pretty close to what I paid. Only got 1600 miles on it.

my good friend did the same thing, sold his GT-R, impulse bought the CTS-V, we all told him not to, and after a month he couldn't take it anymore, he's back in a GT-R now...

Worst impulse buy ever. Car is, for lack of a better term, a piece of junk. The squeaks, rattles, and creaking are very abundant. Technology is WAY behind. Thought I could move past that, but can't. Getting rid of it.

X5M was for the wife/kids, I really pushed for it, in the end she really didn't like how it drove, now it's gone... I REALLY REALLY liked that truck... :(

picked up a new Range Rover Sport Supercharged for now....

X5m/X6m cars are definitely not running low 11s with mild mods. I think the fastest I have seen is 11.99 in the Renntech X5m that Fikse now has.

Wow that was quick. Must have been really bad. Good to know as I thought they were a great deal for the price.

Too much rattling would drive me crazy!

I mean, don't get me wrong, the car is fun to drive and very fast, but just lacks SO much for a $75k car. I think it was more excitement getting back into something fast and fun, but it's just not something I need. I now get what Aaron was saying with there is really no way to enjoy a fast car in Nashville. No where to have fun with it. And with it being a daily driver, I'm not going to track the car. I am now more into comfort and reliability and practical. Guess it took leaving the F150 and getting something like this to realize it. Sucks. Luckily I got one hell of a deal on this car so I feel I can get pretty close to what I paid. Only got 1600 miles on it.

What else would you like to see on the CTS-V? What do you think it's missing? Just fit and finish? I've heard of some people having issues but I'm also a member on the Cadillac Forums.

What else would you like to see on the CTS-V? What do you think it's missing? Just fit and finish? I've heard of some people having issues but I'm also a member on the Cadillac Forums.

Mostly fit and finish. I think the other stuff they're fixing either this year or next year with the new Cadillac Cue system. That would bring the car very up to date on technology. Bluetooth audio, weather maps, apps like pandora, 3D maps for nav. Definitely just needs a better fit and finish and better materials for a $75,000 car.

Mostly fit and finish. I think the other stuff they're fixing either this year or next year with the new Cadillac Cue system. That would bring the car very up to date on technology. Bluetooth audio, weather maps, apps like pandora, 3D maps for nav. Definitely just needs a better fit and finish and better materials for a $75,000 car.

A major shame.

BTW, I think the only valid complaint here for a real enthusiast should be the rattles. Technology you could always upgrade yourself.

A major shame.

BTW, I think the only valid complaint here for a real enthusiast should be the rattles. Technology you could always upgrade yourself.

Why should one have to when you're buying a new car?

It does have bluetooth audio, well at least the non-v models with navigation do.

I would highly suggest driving a new BMW 550 if you haven't, it has everything that you are looking for. I would suggest trying one with Active Roll Stabilization, Drivers Assistance Package and Sports Package. Nicely equipped 550's have about $6,000 dollars in markup.

Why should one have to when you're buying a new car?

Well, my feelings about the relevance of technology in enthusiast cars aside :icon_mrgreen: , I think that this is more of a case of getting the kind of power/looks/handling/interior you want, and then working around to fix the rest (which isn't super expensive either, esp. if you're willing to drop this kind of money on a car). And then there's the argument that this stuff can be improved on in the aftermarket.

To me, some of the biggest deal brakers in a DD are reliability and squeaks/rattles. Besides being annoying, you can't really do much to change it.

A good friend of mine made a point recently that most people (even enthusiasts) do not look at the "potential" of cars, just what they bring to the table stock. A shame because there are many cars that are not as good as others "stock", but when you mod it it becomes better than other cars in its class.

And personally, I feel that DDs should err more on the conservative/boring/practical side, unless you can only have 1 car.