Lamborghini Urus - #Invincible

Albert-LP

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doesn't look cool enough IMO.

I've wanted lambo to build a SUV for a long time...just not this one. This styling direction worked for the Estoque IMO...but it just looks too mundane for a lamborghini SUV.

the Aventador J blew everyones mind! it was amazing to look at...thats how Lambo's should be. This just comes off soft. maybe its to street influenced as opposed to off road influenced (not that any of them will go off road..but just from a style/credibility point of view).

I always said a lamborghini SUV should look like a supercar and a hummer F***ed (aventador/H1, Gallardo/H3). Think batman's tumbler...they didn't put any 24'' wheels on the tumbler...why...because it had to kick ass and take names thats why. not park beside a cayenne turbo at starbucks...(even if thats what they will end up doing anyways).

More Ford Raptor...less lexus rx.

(ps...i think bentley hit their SUV right on the nail...its what bentley buyers expect from a bentley...they will sell...i would buy one)

$300,000, TTV8 Hybrid, not that masculine looking, 2017 production date...

Sounds like a winning formula to me. :icon_thumleft:

247_9ee1dd29.jpg

Time to resurect the KICK WINKELMANN IN THE BALLS THREADS!

Who's Winklemann? You told me his name was Winklefag.

Part of me is hoping that Lamborghini is taking Bentley's approach when showing their SUV concept. Show one dramatic design to the public (I think this concept is a little boring), listen to what experts/audience says, take this feedback seriously, then head back to the design shop. This car has been described as a parts bin special. That may be true but I think it would make it easier to live with what's underneath if the styling was more desirable (masculine and imposing like a Lamborghini should be). Regardless, the G replacement should be the main focus. G replacement now, SUV later.

• 3 weeks later...

Production Lamborghini Urus will ride on the PL73 platform, weigh about 4,400 lbs - report

Lamborghini's R&D Director, Maurizio Reggiani, has revealed some new details about the production version of the Urus concept.

Speaking with Automotive News, Reggiani said "We envisage a start of production no sooner than early 2017." He also revealed the model will ride on the PL73 platform that will underpin the next-generation Audi Q7, Porsche Cayenne, VW Touareg and the production version of Bentley's EXP 9 F concept. While the platform will be made out of steel, Reggiani says the model has a targeted weight of 4,400 lbs (1,996 kg). In order to hit this target, the crossover will likely have carbon fiber reinforced plastic seat shells and an aluminum-magnesium hood, tailgate and doors.

While the Urus hasn't been officially approved for production, Reggiani said the model will likely use a twin-turbo V8. Nothing is official, but Automotive News is reporting the engine could be based on Audi's 4.2-liter V8 and have an output of approximately 600 hp (447 kW / 608 PS).

If everything goes according to plan, Lamborghini will sell 3,000 crossovers annually. The company's Sant' #### Bolognese plant might not be handle all of the production, but final assembly and customization would still take place there.

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/112051444333/p...m#ixzz1uxLg7E2F

i like this car very much: it's the best looking and aggressive SUV in the world. Will be produced in 2016 and sold in the late 2016.

• 2 months later...

I will withhold judgement until I see one in person (we all know how the Aventador turned out) but it doesn't look promising. Do I like it...sort of in an weird X6M kind of way. Does it looks like a Lambo? No it looks more like an Audi concept with certain lambo stylings.

I still like the Estoque more.

How did we get from this:

I love the Estoque very much and would buy one instantly. This Urus is not very attractive to me. I hate the way it looks.

To this:

post-24965-1343000795_thumb.jpg

I am sure everyone will love it once it is out and about and we get to see it with all sorts of colors. I remember when the RR Ghost came out, everyone hated it. Now it seems to have grown on everyone. It always happens when new cars come out.

Yes! It had the green light before it was even shown. After it was shown it grew on me and I decided to order it. 2016 or 2017. I will have it. I think it will be a lot of fun and a good DD. I currently use my Hummer H1 Alpha as a DD along with my 612. The Hummer will be 11-12 years old when the URUS comes out and I will have to move on. I will never sell the H1, just take it from active duty to semi active. The Urus will be a perfect replacement. So far, I have enjoyed all recent cars from Lamborghini and I doubt this will be anything less than the most fun and powerful of all SUVs. So, it makes sense for me.

How did we get from this:

To this:

post-24965-1343000795_thumb.jpg

It's a fantastic looking SUV, really amazing. I hate SUV, but this is gorgeous.

Raging Bull you will be the first in the USA to drive and show that fantastic Lambo beast: congrats!

ciao