LP40

whiteout

I lowered the Murci over the past week. It's as low as the stock springs will allow.

8f7e53b7.jpg

7c8a4dc0.jpg

3e12869e.jpg

9f1904ce.jpg

1b52f432.jpg

26963f07.jpg

Have to be careful lifting the rear of the car:

0fdc8f8b.jpg

Now time for a wash:

cc8bad6b.jpg

Nick

2WD, lowered all the way down despite the horrendous MI roads, driven on ice/snow numerous times, and basically driven daily....Not sure if you are the man or just a crazy ass..lol.

2WD, lowered all the way down despite the horrendous MI roads, and basically driven daily....Not sure if you are the man or just a crazy ass..lol.

:iamwithstupid:

I am surprised you haven't had clearance issues even with the lift system going in and out of that parkade.

2WD, lowered all the way down despite the horrendous MI roads, driven on ice/snow numerous times, and basically driven daily....Not sure if you are the man or just a crazy ass..lol.

From my perspective: THE MAN!

That's MIGHTY low - I would not be so brave, but if it makes you happy - why not?

How about a little bit of both. :lol:

You have a custom lift for the rear of the car?

The rear will settle more, so it's going to get even lower. But the rear wheel wells are HUGE compared to the front. If you follow the bottom of the car on the side profile picture, it's flat, but the wheel arches make the car look like it has a raked stance.

I am surprised you haven't had clearance issues even with the lift system going in and out of that parkade.

It never really scraped before I lowered it (higher front ride heigh with RWD conversion) and the nose lift takes it to that height. So it should be good.

From my perspective: THE MAN!

That's MIGHTY low - I would not be so brave, but if it makes you happy - why not?

Thanks! :lol:

If it ends up being too low, I will lift it up.

Get some roadster wheels on it then you would be all set. :icon_thumleft:

Have you driven it yet, whats the ride like now? Man thats really low!

I haven't driven it yet. Still have to plate it/put collision insurance on it. I'm interested to see how it rides.

I do want to swap wheels, eventually, but I'll wait for these tires to die first.

Hard for me to tell...need some better pics, maybe outside or something

Yeah, these were quick iphone4 shots once I finished lowering it. More pictures will come.

Nick

Haha, for sure. I have a hard enough time not scraping my front end coming out of my friend's driveway, let alone on mortared stretches of land we can roads.

What was your method of lowering? Aftermarket dampers?

Stock coilovers. I loosened the perches and un-wound them to the springs' furtherest expansion.

Here's a picture of the perch's loosened:

6eedcdc3.jpg

I'll do a write up in the Murci seciton.

Nick

Looks good! How far north in MI are you? Come down to Columbus for our hangar party on 5/12!

I'm about 4 hours away. Can you PM me info on the party?

i don't know man, wouldn't lowering it that much simply destroy the geometry of the suspension system, therefore sacrifice proper handling of the car?

It might hurt the handling characteristics, or it may help. Lower center of gravity, it's within the parameters of the stock springs/struts, and since the car is rwd, the stock handling characteristics are out the window.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Tim! We definitely have to go out when you're in MI.

I plated the car and washed it. Put about 100 miles on it from noon-7pm. The ride feels exactly the same as it did at stock ride height. The car doesn't scrape leaving my underground lot without using nose lift. :D

I drove to my dad's house, with a very minor incline (basically none). This is where the drop is noticeable, very low clearance, but no scrape.

ee370ac2.jpg

794a4832.jpg

Nick

Very nice, Nick. What are your plans for the weekend? Let me know if you are free. Shoot me a PM.