Any ZR1 owners?

Mattyrae

Have the chance to pick up a mint 2009 ZR1, Jetstream Blue, 1800 miles for 83k 3ZR package. Would trade my mint 2002 996 GT2, 3800 miles. What would you do?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the chance to pick up a mint 2009 ZR1, Jetstream Blue, 1800 miles for 83k 3ZR package. Would trade my mint 2002 996 GT2, 3800 miles. What would you do?

I have a 2010 ZR1 and I love it. Pushes all the right buttons for me. Power, comfort, practicality ( trunk space ) . Factor in the price and it is truly an amazing machine. I also have a Ferrari 599 GTB and although I like the Ferrari it is not worth almost 4 times what the ZR1 costs. Its better than my old Diablo SV and Ford GT. Whats not to like with 634HP and 604 lbs/ft of torque in a car that weighs just 3368 lbs. Add 6 speed manual tranny and your good to go.....fast!

How much track driving experience do you have?

The GT2 could be a better purist ride, but for most street driving I'd imagine the ZR1 has more accessible performance and definitely sounds better.

Tough call.

Why is this in the Gallardo section? Why is Mattyrae not banned yet?

And if I haven't said it lately... I HATE Corvettes. Sorry TurboMike... love you, hate the car though :icon_mrgreen:

I have a 2010 ZR1 and I love it. Pushes all the right buttons for me. Power, comfort, practicality ( trunk space ) . Factor in the price and it is truly an amazing machine. I also have a Ferrari 599 GTB and although I like the Ferrari it is not worth almost 4 times what the ZR1 costs. Its better than my old Diablo SV and Ford GT. Whats not to like with 634HP and 604 lbs/ft of torque in a car that weighs just 3368 lbs. Add 6 speed manual tranny and your good to go.....fast!

A car that is better than a Diablo SV & FGT would be a supreme car indeed -- confusing wording, I take it you're referring to the ZR1?

And if I haven't said it lately... I HATE Corvettes. Sorry TurboMike... love you, hate the car though :icon_mrgreen:

You hate how much you have to pay for them for the looks and interior.....but if they were $25k you'd have one. :icon_mrgreen:

You hate how much you have to pay for them for the looks and interior.....but if they were $25k you'd have one. :icon_mrgreen:

If I were white, had more than a dozen baseball caps, wore t-shirts as a staple, thought flip-flops were acceptable restaurant attire, had a budget of 50k or less, and wanted to drive solely with my left wrist, then yes my dream vehicle short list would include the Corvette.

Seriously, get over yourself. I post that I feel my Scuderia is faster than my Performante, and a few keyboard junkies throw a tizzy fit. Do what you like.

Seriously, get over yourself. I post that I feel my Scuderia is faster than my Performante, and a few keyboard junkies throw a tizzy fit. Do what you like.

Yep. Nailed it. The entire board thinks you're a douche because of your claim of one car being faster then another..no other reason. On another note.. You seem to be very polite, easy to get along with, humble,enjoyable to converse with and an overall nice guy. :rolleyes:

Yep. Nailed it. The entire board thinks you're a douche because of your claim of one car being faster then another..no other reason. On another note.. You seem to be very polite, easy to get along with, humble,enjoyable to converse with and an overall nice guy. :rolleyes:

I am, Jonathan Cats has been to my house and met me in person. Feel free to ask him. You need to go back and read that thread, think you missed a few things.

A car that is better than a Diablo SV & FGT would be a supreme car indeed -- confusing wording, I take it you're referring to the ZR1?

Yes I am. I own or have owned all the cars referred to so I can make that statement. Obviously others may feel different bit this is my perspective.

Lol....It's ok...We still cool as long as you don't say anything about my beloved GTR.

Lol....It's ok...We still cool as long as you don't say anything about my beloved GTR.

I think I saw your races with your LP560 on YouTube. I have driven a 2009 GTR, nice car, I liked the smooth shifting transmission.

Yes I am. I own or have owned all the cars referred to so I can make that statement. Obviously others may feel different bit this is my perspective.

That's cool, just checking.

Have you considered waiting for the new Viper? Looks promising.

The only Vipers I liked were the competition coupes that raced in the SpeedTV series. Too bad Dodge never made a non cf version of that body style. Looks amazing. The ACR's are still a great deal, but they are pretty much Dodge's version of the SL or Scuderia, good mostly for track, not very versatile for street driving.

I for one am not concerned how Fast my car is......but how cool I look driving it....american cars just don't demand the respect that Lamborghini's do. Never did, never will.