Think This Will Buff Out?

Vahid

Damn. The impact broke the caliper in half!

Forget the caliper... Id say the front axle is in several more pieces than were originally designed... He bent both wishbones, and broke the drive axle for the wheel to get that much cant...

Is this another case of "Just because you can afford it doesn't mean you should have it" !!??

From the look of the damage, Id say he was the one who got tagged.... The damage was definitely coming from the drivers side, which means he was either offset T-Boned, or he lost control in a counter clockwise spin, and hit something- But not a curb, which is what you would expect in a flat spin like that... Whatever it was, was elevated enough to hit the wheel above the centerline, but not tall enough to damage the fender... Which appears to be unscathed.... All the damage appears to be to the front cowl and the suspension... Really unusual damage pattern... Id be curious to hear what it was.

[edit]- Im going to revise this... I think he spun, hit a curb, and the direction the wheel is canted is an artifact of how it was moved by the wrecker after the crash.

Damn. The impact broke the caliper in half!

To me it looks like the caliper may be intact (although in the wrong place on the wheel) - but the rotor is definitely broken into at least two pieces.

Is it that hard to break a rotor? I know they chip easily and always assumed they could break rather easily under the "right" stress.

The front of the caliper appears to be whole but maybe it separated from the back half (is that what you mean?)

Is it that hard to break a rotor? I know they chip easily and always assumed they could break rather easily under the "right" stress.

I think carbon ceramic rotors are more brittle than steel rotors.

insurance report as total loss? means a aventador engine available?

Great...now it will probably wind up in some pos replighini. I can see the ad now " low mile OEM engine". :eusa_wall:

RomanDad.... your revised assesment may well fit with my "Just because you can afford it doesn't mean you should have it" comment.

I think we're missing some close up photos...

Look at the rear wheel.... It also looks overly canted, but the OPPOSITE direction of the front, and there is some body damage along that fender as well...

Now look at the roof.... im not sure if thats just an optical illusion caused by the light, but I think I see a bow down the center of the roof near the rear.... If so... Frames fucked.

Now look at the roof.... im not sure if thats just an optical illusion caused by the light, but I think I see a bow down the center of the roof near the rear.... If so... Frames fucked.

Doesn't the car have a crease in the roof? I mean in the design of the car. I think the roof is supposed to look like that.

Doesn't the car have a crease in the roof? I mean in the design of the car. I think the roof is supposed to look like that.

I dont remember seeing one... Let me look at my photos...

[Edit- It does!]