To my Middle East buddies.

DetroitDetomaso

To my Middle East buddies.

I was recently in Cleveland for 9 days. My mother was in the ICU at the Cleveland Clinic and I stayed at the hotel a crossed the street. The hotel had many Middle Eastern visitors.

One day I was going back to my room from the hotel. I got to the lobby and saw the elevator starting to close so I darted for it and made it. I was in the elevator with a white couple and a Middle Eastern women. I'm also white. On the second floor the couple got out. I needed to go to the 4th floor and her button was pushed for the 5th. When the couple got out of the elevator the women's eyes got as big as silver dollars. She was scared as HELL! She was clothed in a way that only her eyes were uncovered. All I could see was her eyes and I've never seen so much fear in my life. The next two floors were the longest floors ever. I was also uncomfortable for her. For some reason I keep thinking about this. So much so I felt the need to post it here.

I have my idea as to why she was so fearful but I would like to hear it from you.

The picture is not her. It just shows how she was dressed

7017022_beautiful_middle_eastern_woman_in_niqab_traditional_veil_with_high_contrast_effect_against_a_white_b.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Based on US definition of the term "Caucasian", all people of the Middle East are White Caucasians. This is regardless of the color tone of their skin, hair, or eyes. Therefore, people of Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, ALL Arab Gulf states, Yemen, Oman, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and Morocco are White Caucasians. Originally the term "Caucasian" was applied to the people living on the slopes of the Caucasus Mountains located between Turkey and Russia, but later was applied to include all people of Middle Eastern or European descent. According to US immigration laws prior to 1923, people of the Indian subcontinent were considered Caucasian, but not White, therefore, they could not be granted US citizenship while people from the Middle East and Europe were legally granted US citizenship. (See supreme court decision on United States v. Bhagat Singh Thind (1923).

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_race_is_som...t#ixzz1xTiQtFjw

All I could see was her eyes and I've never seen so much fear in my life.

Maybe you needed to STOP STARING at her all the time. Who wouldn't be freaked out...

Muslim women do not ride elevators with men other than their husband. If you are in a Muslim country and an elevator with a women stops on your floor you need to just let it keep going and wait for the next one.

I live in Turkey, has a %99 of muslim population.

There is not such a strict rule or wearing style for muslims and this is not valid in all muslim countries, it is more common in Iran, Iraq or so.

This is just a ridiculous rule set by men, under the name of Quran, to "protect their women from strangers", especialy for the women wearing turban.

Muslim women do not ride elevators with men other than their husband. If you are in a Muslim country and an elevator with a women stops on your floor you need to just let it keep going and wait for the next one.

Next time holster your glock and maybe she won't be so scared...

Oh man, your previous joke was better, why'd you get rid of it?

I live in Turkey, has a %99 of muslim population.

There is not such a strict rule or wearing style for muslims and this is not valid in all muslim countries, it is more common in Iran, Iraq or so.

This is just a ridiculous rule set by men, under the name of Quran, to "protect their women from strangers", especialy for the women wearing turban.

:iamwithstupid:

As he stated these rules are set by men not by islam and it's more concentrated in iran, KSA, iraq

I live in kuwait and those ladies that wears black things are less than 10%

Maybe she was wondering why the hell you were starring at her and afraid she was about to be victim of a hate crime?

Muslim's are all over the world. There are a few radicals, and many good people. Imagine if you were judged by Jonestown?

FTR, I am not Muslim, married to or related in any way. I'm just not racist.

Imagine if you were judged by Jonestown?

FTR, I am not Muslim, married to or related in any way. I'm just not racist.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

I was riding a bus in Jerusalem and saw a woman all dressed in black walking down the street, was certain she must be a muslim. When the bus passed her down the street she was wearing a big silver cross around her neck. Similar to a nun, but I think her face was covered. Way too many misconceptions being passed around for this information age.

If a lady is wearing full burka and from the middle east it was simply her being in an uncomfortable/unusual situation. Like others said, in the country she is from local custom does not allow for a married woman to be in the company of a man who is not her husband, brother, or father, or child unaccompanied.

If a lady is wearing full burka and from the middle east it was simply her being in an uncomfortable/unusual situation. Like others said, in the country she is from local custom does not allow for a married woman to be in the company of a man who is not her husband, brother, or father, or child unaccompanied.

Why!!??...is it because the men are so out of control they will attack any of their female members given an opportunity???

Why!!??...is it because the men are so out of control they will attack any of their female members given an opportunity???

Because its easier to run a dictatorship when 50% of your population are shadows.

I'm not of that culture or faith but, so I am only talking based on observation and conversation. It's carryover in old traditions. Things are changing slowly but everything change requires education. I met a Saudi Girl in Austin and she wasn't even wearing a Hijab. I was curious and she told me usually when you are educated and leave the Kingdom to go to places like the US many people do not wear a lot of the traditional clothing.

Later that night my friend, a jew, walked her to her car and claims to have kissed her. I have my doubts on that but who knows.

My other friend did say, getting a kiss from a Saudi girl is like getting oral from a regular girl lol.

This doesn't really have anything to do with the thread other than something I find very odd...

Whenever I take my kids to Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls, there always seems to be one of those women dressed like a Ninja like that actually going down the slides and in the wade pool and so on. I understand that is the custom but I imagine it would be really awkward wearing all that clothing in a pool or going down a slide.

I think I'm going to come out with a bathing suit for Muslim women that completely covers everything but the eyes.

Perhaps something like the picture below but more form fitting and maybe some black mesh covering the mouth. Black mesh with gills so as to extract oxygen from the water would be a bonus but would probably add to the cost of the Muslim wetsuit.

post-2181-1339434594.jpg

Not necesarily, i take the elevator to work everyday and women are there all the time some with burgas some with hijabs, some of them not covering their face or hair at all. If iv had a good day at work and the stock markets up id be smiling and id probably strike up a conversation with them

Now if i just stood there and stared im sure any woman would be freaked out, wearing a burqa or not

We live in a mixed society. There are the conservatives and then there are those who arnt.

I have a friend of Middle Eastern descent. I took her out to lunch one day (she was working as a freelance video editor for my company) and I offered to pay for both of our meals. Her reaction was one of panic. She emphatically said "NO!" and insisted that I not pay. She wasn't being polite, this was clearly some kind of cultural thing. She was in a committed relationship at the time but not married. I've always assumed it must be some rule that I was unaware of? Interesting.

This doesn't really have anything to do with the thread other than something I find very odd...

Whenever I take my kids to Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls, there always seems to be one of those women dressed like a Ninja like that actually going down the slides and in the wade pool and so on. I understand that is the custom but I imagine it would be really awkward wearing all that clothing in a pool or going down a slide.

I think I'm going to come out with a bathing suit for Muslim women that completely covers everything but the eyes.

Perhaps something like the picture below but more form fitting and maybe some black mesh covering the mouth. Black mesh with gills so as to extract oxygen from the water would be a bonus but would probably add to the cost of the Muslim wetsuit.

post-2181-1339434594.jpg

How do you know that suit isn't form fitting? ;)

I have a friend of Middle Eastern descent. I took her out to lunch one day (she was working as a freelance video editor for my company) and I offered to pay for both of our meals. Her reaction was one of panic. She emphatically said "NO!" and insisted that I not pay. She wasn't being polite, this was clearly some kind of cultural thing. She was in a committed relationship at the time but not married. I've always assumed it must be some rule that I was unaware of? Interesting.

did she pay for your meal? middle easterns have this habit of being generous or maybe she refused out of courtesy