COP deals with a turd.

BB6500

Can't see the video for some reason but I think I know which video it is. The guy video taping was open carrying in an attempt to draw attention and bait a police officer into investigating. After complaints to the local police he was approached by the police. Was it lawfully correct to detain him? Possibly not?! The real problem I have is that he is not doing this to be some great warrior for society... His sole purpose was to gain attention and hits on youtube. (he has another video of the same situation in a different city)

The video uploader has owned a handgun for at least 3 years based upon his comments on his other video. He chooses to open carry in a concealed carry permit state. I personally think open carry is a very touchy area and is a terrible idea if you want to protect yourself. It does nothing but draw negative attention and label you as the FIRST TARGET if anything happens. Completely defeats the purpose of carrying in the first place. He lives in a concealed carry state... so if he really was carrying to protect himself then he would have a concealed cary permit. Instead he wants to draw attention and get youtube hits.

The argument in some of the comments was that if the carrier were black or Mexican it would have been a different story. What are yall opinions on that? All this for YouTube hits thats crazy. Maybe he his trying to setup police departments for lawsuits lol.

The argument in some of the comments was that if the carrier were black or Mexican it would have been a different story. What are yall opinions on that? All this for YouTube hits thats crazy. Maybe he his trying to setup police departments for lawsuits lol.

I hope you get "pawned" by the moderators.

I cant stand these open carry assholes who walk around trying to draw attention to the fact that they are carrying weapons. Although it may be legal,they are only looking to have confrontations like this with officers so they can assert their often distorted understanding of the law and toss random legal jargon at them like this guy. I think I had said it in another thread...but in a society where random shooting massacres and gun scares are becoming a daily occurrence,open carry has no place. It makes people uncomfortable and I would have called an officer too. I'm all for concealed carry and your right to protect yourself and family..but this is just stupid. What a douche.

Pawned? Cops are being offered up for borrowed money now, and by common citizens? Oh my!

I cant stand these open carry assholes who walk around trying to draw attention to the fact that they are carrying weapons. Although it may be legal,they are only looking to have confrontations like this with officers so they can assert their often distorted understanding of the law and toss random legal jargon at them like this guy. I think I had said it in another thread...but in a society where random shooting massacres and gun scares are becoming a daily occurrence,open carry has no place. It makes people uncomfortable and I would have called an officer too. I'm all for concealed carry and your right to protect yourself and family..but this is just stupid. What a douche.

Yeah, pretty much this.

I hate YouTube for this reason, giving blowhards a stage to showcase their douchebaggery. In the old days these loudmouths would just get beat up outside 7-11 and that would be the end of it.

I agree Porter...this citizen an idiot.

The guy uses his gun as a dildo, better give it back!!

What a tool. Why does he even need it, too scared to walk outside in broad daylight.

He might be a douche, but what he is doing is perfectly legal. Open carry was just banned in california and this is slowly opening the door to getting all are gun rights taken away. lets see waht RomanDad has to say about this :-)

I hate YouTube for this reason, giving blowhards a stage to showcase their douchebaggery. In the old days these loudmouths would just get beat up outside 7-11 and that would be the end of it.

this

He might be a douche, but what he is doing is perfectly legal. Open carry was just banned in california and this is slowly opening the door to getting all are gun rights taken away. lets see waht RomanDad has to say about this :-)

You do know that if he had cooperated he would be out of there within 2 minutes. All he did now is being a smartass, trying to piss of the cop (which didn't work) and wasting his time.

:lol: :lol2:

I open carry two guns everyday!

I've seen you...Those are BB guns.

:la:

Mike, I'm going to assume that BB means Big, Big!!

On a serious note, I have never fired a real gun. I am somewhat of a super hero however so I really don't need a gun. Some people are really diehard about right to bear arms but I could care less about it.

I am somewhat of a super hero

I would love to - but I fear dirty marks on my underwear would attract attention.

I think open carry should be legal in all 50 states that being said this guy is a idiot who was trying to make a point and the cops didn't

take the bait good for them. I believe that took place in portland maine, well take your ass out into the backwoods of maine where

there are things that can eat you and no one will pay any attention to you carrying a gun on your hip.

the only time i think OC makes any sort of sense is when it is so hot you are printing to the point that it really makes no difference, or at the range for the sake of convenience... I open carry when at the range and that's it... my opinion is that nobody needs to know when or how I am armed... the open carry "community" has a chip on their shoulder and something to prove to everyone. PA is one of the most lenient gun law states with PAFOA being a HUGE forum for gun enthusiasts, if you want to see what i mean about the chip on their shoulder check out the open carry section: http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-144/ pretty funny stuff.

Open carry is stupid. It's not hard to just put your tshirt over it (if concealed is allowed). You still have quick access, don't print and don't freak anyone out. The only reason to open carry is for attention.

The guy who shot that video is an obvious total doooosh. The cop was professional. The video maker was trying to make a situation of out. What a dildo.