And the Nuburgring time is.....

lambornima

Well apparently it's video confirmed too. So ya a Dodge Viper is somehow faster then pretty much every car around this track lol. The new one must be a beast.

The video doesn't show the engine, tires, suspension setup.....etc

The video doesn't show the engine, tires, suspension setup.....etc

282-mother-of-god.jpg

Regardless of all other "x" factors that's an impressive time for a car for any car. Well done Lamborghini! Now make an SV that's quicker!

I wonder what time the UGR Aventador would post...

Very impressive.

Not by sport auto magazine. I'm sure if Lamborghini decided to set their own lap time it would be better.

Wasn't by Dodge.

it wasn't just a company claim, it was an individual effort backed by the company, and there is video of the run on youtube if you want to review it.

the ACRX took another 10 seconds off the ACR time even.

It was set by a Dodge dealership that caters to Vipers.

Nick

And from what I remember they took that Viper right off their showroom floor...BUTTT...that same dealer i believe fields a few viper race cars in serieis over there.....

Tomball Dodge apparenlty....

"The record was set thanks to a cooperation between three parties: Dodge’s Special Racing Team provided the driver, and Texas Dodge dealership Tomball Dodge provided two showroom-new 2010 Viper ACRs, which were prepped by German racing team Mintgen Motorsport/Vulkan Racing."

Tomball... I knew it was one of the big Viper dealers. IIRC, one was an ACR, the other was ACR-X. I can see both of the cars needing to be dialed in to get the most for that track.

Nick

The Bankruptcy will likely not effect the Ring (NS) It will effect the GP Circuit/Roller coaster/Mall/Go Kart track/Disco .

We did a 6:51 there on race tires with air restricted HP and ballast.

post-468-1343790143.jpeg

Amazing ... Can't believe it's that much faster than all the other supercars.

Considering it's price and age it's very believable.... since there's cheaper cars that are doing better.

I find it funny that some wont believe mfg claims but would believe a magazines claims like Sport Auto. First of all the first Viper run of 7:22, which is still faster than the Aventador, was also witnessed by Motor Trend magazine. They were at the track for that run and documented it. So since you believe magazine times then believe the 7:22 then ok? ;)

Lets remember guys, the Viper ACR is basically a true track car. The Aventador and many others on this list weren't meant for any circuits. The ACR is one awesome car for the money. Though very hard car to drive fast and anyone that masters that car at those speeds is a great driver.

• 1 month later...
Lets remember guys, the Viper ACR is basically a true track car. The Aventador and many others on this list weren't meant for any circuits. The ACR is one awesome car for the money. Though very hard car to drive fast and anyone that masters that car at those speeds is a great driver.

Amen to that! It's a true rear-wheel drive beast..

Sorry to break the bad news but the Viper ACR that ran at the 'Ring was a stock car taken off the showroom floor from Tomball Dodge in Texas. Nothing about it was different from the same car anyone could purchase, I know because I owned the same ACR as the one that ran there. It was set up by SRT and Mintgen racing but that just involved tuning and setting the suspension which anyone with the know-how could do. It ran on stock Pilot Sports Cup tires same as come on all ACR's. Driven by a professional familiar with the course, he piloted it to 7.12.11 faster than any production car has ever run and seven seconds faster than the ZR1.

All the more remarkable when one considers that the ACR has no computer aids whatsoever. Six speed manual gearbox, no traction or stability control ALL driver.

Verified by video and numerous sources.

And I drove mine on the street all the time.

Sorry to break the bad news but the Viper ACR that ran at the 'Ring was a stock car taken off the showroom floor from Tomball Dodge in Texas. Nothing about it was different from the same car anyone could purchase, I know because I owned the same ACR as the one that ran there. It was set up by SRT and Mintgen racing but that just involved tuning and setting the suspension which anyone with the know-how could do. It ran on stock Pilot Sports Cup tires same as come on all ACR's. Driven by a professional familiar with the course, he piloted it to 7.12.11 faster than any production car has ever run and seven seconds faster than the ZR1.

All the more remarkable when one considers that the ACR has no computer aids whatsoever. Six speed manual gearbox, no traction or stability control ALL driver.

Verified by video and numerous sources.

And I drove mine on the street all the time.

I saw a twin turbo ACR at the Ring in the parking lot of the GP track when I was there last summer. Serious business. I can't imagine an ACR - but twin turbos on one?!

Seems too fast for a car of this weight...

A bone stock GTR @ 545hp and 3830lbs can go 7:24 without aerodynamics at the Ring.

But a bone stock ACR @ 600+hp and 3400lbs with 1300lbs aerodynamic downforce cant do a 7:12 at the Ring?

What about the LF-A that ran the 7:14? Its also heavier than the ACR but it has downforce.

The aero is one of the reasons the ACR is dominant. They didn't just slap on a wing and canards and some coilover's without tuning everything to work as a unit. Its an old school approach to going fast but its still completely effective as the many track records have shown...

I think some can't comprehend how such an old tech approach, as the Viper is, can beat convincingly all this cutting edge tech that is out there like the GTR, ZR1, LF-A etc. Old doesn't always mean obsolete. Sometimes it means tried and true which = very effective.