UGR GTT vs Heffner GTT

Kisco

I am very surprised this has not been posted...

I believe both of these cars belong to LP forum members? Maybe they can chime in.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Heffner car pulled it in video 1, but I couldn't tell if they hit at the same time. Didn't look like it.

In video 2 what was the end result?

So the Heffner car pulled it in video 1, but I couldn't tell if they hit at the same time. Didn't look like it.

In video 2 what was the end result?

Looks to me like the Heffner car jumped the first race, but I wonder how the race played out after that (who was pulling on who - which I can't tell)

2nd race looked close, but again I can't tell who won from that angle.

Too bad the video wasn't taken from the inside of one of the cars. That would tell you MUCH more than a video from behind...it's clear the heffner car was making more power on the first pull and that they were more evenly matched on the second race but it's next to impossible to really see which car was faster during the second pull. We already know which tuner makes the quickest 1/4, fastest 1/4, fastest 1/2 mile, fastest mile, most powerful, fastest 60-130, etc....cars.....so video's like this one are here simply for fun. Glad to see both owners are out having a good time with their cars.

Peter

Our good buddy who filmed it, was a little off in the description, lol.

So we went for a little drive on the street (ugr is me). Heffner did 871 on all wheel drive dyno yesterday and I didnt get a chance to drop the under engine body diffuser to put mine up on the dyno.

Heffner runs 17psi all gears and is heavier and manual. Long 240mpg gears. Both had passengers.

First run was a dicking around run, heffner in 2nd and ugr was in 3rd. Heffner brake boosted and jumped, ugr just followed.

UGR switched map from 6psi IN ALL GEARS (lol) to go to boost by gear on 93 octane. Which goes from 6psi up to 14psi in higher gears. Map 2 of 4 with Each being higher boost.

Better run was when we went higher speeds and stayed in it even though UGR car didn't brake boost. Both are pretty quick cars but I think you can ask drivers of both and they would agree that the UGR car is faster if in same conditions with both cars.

Wth that being said, driver of the yellow heffner car is a better driver then I am as I hit fuel cut several times like as I just don't have enough time driving this car yet.

We will grab some go pros next time and do it right. There is some more footage from inside the cars floating around as well on someone's phone.

Too bad the video wasn't taken from the inside of one of the cars. That would tell you MUCH more than a video from behind...it's clear the heffner car was making more power on the first pull and that they were more evenly matched on the second race but it's next to impossible to really see which car was faster during the second pull. We already know which tuner makes the quickest 1/4, fastest 1/4, fastest 1/2 mile, fastest mile, most powerful, fastest 60-130, etc....cars.....so video's like this one are here simply for fun. Glad to see both owners are out having a good time with their cars.

Peter

We will grab the vbox next time as well. Both of us who have the cars drive them like they are supposed to be driven. We also take care of them very well. They aren't just show cars that's for sure.

Our good buddy who filmed it, was a little off in the description, lol.

So we went for a little drive on the street (ugr is me). Heffner did 871 on all wheel drive dyno yesterday and I didnt get a chance to drop the under engine body diffuser to put mine up on the dyno.

Heffner runs 17psi all gears and is heavier and manual. Long 240mpg gears. Both had passengers.

First run was a dicking around run, heffner in 2nd and ugr was in 3rd. Heffner brake boosted and jumped, ugr just followed.

UGR switched map from 6psi IN ALL GEARS (lol) to go to boost by gear on 93 octane. Which goes from 6psi up to 14psi in higher gears. Map 2 of 4 with Each being higher boost.

Better run was when we went higher speeds and stayed in it even though UGR car didn't brake boost. Both are pretty quick cars but I think you can ask drivers of both and they would agree that the UGR car is faster if in same conditions with both cars.

Wth that being said, driver of the yellow heffner car is a better driver then I am as I hit fuel cut several times like as I just don't have enough time driving this car yet.

We will grab some go pros next time and do it right. There is some more footage from inside the cars floating around as well on someone's phone.

Good to hear the skinny....

Brooks-What were your thoughts on the race?

Good to hear the skinny....

Brooks-What were your thoughts on the race?

:iamwithstupid: either way they are both badass cars in person!

The first runs the UGR was on low pump gas boost, no contest, the last run was a good one, 50-160 MPH, Heffner car brake boosted a little (not all out though) since 50MPH in 2nd is not a good starting point with extended drop down gears. The Heffner car was ahead to 140 MPH, then when shifting into 4th, the UGR car got a little ahead, then when back on power the Heffner car hung on. The UGR car seemed a bit faster up top, 300 pounds lighter, a bit more HP, bigger turbos, it should be. There is an in car video as well that I saw afterwards, I'm sure it will show up.

BTW, pretty sure that yellow spyder has the quickest 1/4 mile for a gallardo spyder to date....

The first runs the UGR was on low pump gas boost, no contest, the last run was a good one, 50-160 MPH, Heffner car brake boosted a little (not all out though) since 50MPH in 2nd is not a good starting point with extended drop down gears. The Heffner car was ahead to 140 MPH, then when shifting into 4th, the UGR car got a little ahead, then when back on power the Heffner car hung on. The UGR car seemed a bit faster up top, 300 pounds lighter, a bit more HP, bigger turbos, it should be. There is an in car video as well that I saw afterwards, I'm sure it will show up.

Glad you guys are having a great time with your cars! Both G's are great looking!

BTW, pretty sure that yellow spyder has the quickest 1/4 mile for a gallardo spyder to date....
I went 9.40's @ 16X in Chris's 6 speed Race Version Spyder 2-3 years ago when we were testing with the Nera. We were on Toyo R888's

Chris_2007_TT_Gallardo_Spyder_02.jpg

Peter

UGR fanboi alert. ;)

ah, never saw that run, badass, I'll re-phrase, customer driven? :)

Glad you guys are having a great time with your cars! Both G's are great looking!

I went 9.40's @ 16X in Chris's 6 speed Race Version Spyder 2-3 years ago when we were testing with the Nera. We were on Toyo R888's

More vids would help...Take them both to the track so we can see what they run!

Both cars sound great!

Be careful on that road...I kept thinking how easy it would be for someone to pull out in front of you guys and make a real mess....

ah, never saw that video, badass, I'll re-phase, customer driven... :)

Chris is a big street racer, so at the time, he didn't want any video out of what the car would do. He built the car to beat a hand full of people here in NC as he did with no problem. He did however run a high 9 the same day I drove it to the 9.4x.