Road and Track 458 VS ZR1 VS Mclaren

Jim G

Based on most reviews the consensus is that the Mac is simply a boring car, does everything extremely well but that's not it, they haven't hit the nail in the head, I hope they will address it in he future, it has the potential to be an amazing car and I hope it will get there, at this stage, snooze fest!

They Dyno tested all the cars so it's not like Ferrari could cheat. The Dyno shows it's making the power they claim so the numbers are what they are

The MP4 definitely feels faster to me. Others have more seat time than I do, but it felt faster. Isn't Ferrari infamous for sending higher tuned up cars to testing then they sell?

458 is still the benchmark in this price segment and it's not because of ringer-times or other Ferrari nonsense.

Going to take a hell of a car to knock it off that pedsstal, and the Fax Machine apparantly isn't it.

458 is still the benchmark in this price segment and it's not because of ringer-times or other Ferrari nonsense.

Going to take a hell of a car to knock it off that pedsstal, and the Fax Machine apparantly isn't it.

Well said Mako!

I honestly think a lot of it boils down to the looks. All of these cars perform at an unbelievable level. The performance of these cars is far beyond the ability of the drivers 99.9% of the time. If Lamborghini comes out with the proper replacement to the g, taking a lot of styling cues from the Sesto Elemento I am sure they have a good shot. But, what ever dethrones the 458, it will have to be one hell of a car and look amazing.

I vboxed my 458 several times, and no way was it getting a 3.0 sec flat 0-60, think my best was 3.27, 1/4 [email protected]. Maybe Ferrari upped the power on the 2012 without saying anything? Personally if I had to leave the cars stock I would take a white 458 over the Mp4 anyday.

I vboxed my 458 several times, and no way was it getting a 3.0 sec flat 0-60, think my best was 3.27, 1/4 [email protected]. Maybe Ferrari upped the power on the 2012 without saying anything? Personally if I had to leave the cars stock I would take a white 458 over the Mp4 anyday.

agree, but a properly modded MP4 will PI$$ all over the 458...

agree, but a properly modded MP4 will PI$$ all over the 458...

Depends..performance wise surely, but in all honesty the MP-4 really put me off when I saw Roys listing of a brand new car, with 2K miles selling for 50K below MSRP. Its a great car, and I will love to buy one in a year or two after theyve dropped like rocks.