Gallardo Recall

Roman

Mine is one of those cars, they just contacted me !!!! :( does anyone know what exactly will be fixed? they said its around 30 hours work!!!

all the best,

Chris

Mine is one of those cars, they just contacted me !!!! :( does anyone know what exactly will be fixed? they said its around 30 hours work!!!

all the best,

Chris

Mine is already in and should be ready today or tomorrow!

what if our car already caught fire? I have spent over $100K for repair, then I got rid of my 04 Gallardo.. Can we sue them for this now?

what if our car already caught fire? I have spent over $100K for repair, then I got rid of my 04 Gallardo.. Can we sue them for this now?

Good point but I am guessing you will have difficulties proving that the fire was caused by the item they issued the recall on.

It sucks, I am very sorry to hear that your car caught fire.I hope you were covered by your insurance ?

hi oufan,

did they explain you what they are planning to do there? The crazy thing is they want me to drive the car to the lambo dealership which is

7 hours away and want me to stay there for 2 nights until its not finished - thats crazy.

all the best,

chris

Mine is already in and should be ready today or tomorrow!

I would contact a product liability attorney in your country.

So the clown finally has a case... :P

I almost feel bad for making fun of him now. Almost.

"GALLARDOS ON FIRE!!!!"

Sung to the tune

Shop while youre fueling, you hear a strange sound...

Shoulda been watching... your pumping...

Hear a commotion... While you pay...

Hear people screaming.... Screaming....

YEAHHHHHHH!!!

YOUR GALLARDOS ON FIRE!!!!

Down at the Exxon... The popping of glass

I was just driving.... Driving...

Fuel cap is open, your face turns pale

Your car is frying.... It’s frying....

YEEEEAHO!!!!!

YOUR GALLARDOS ON FIRE!!!!!

CONSUMED!!!

ALL THATS LEFT IS THE TIRE...

Hot as a fever, “Insurance” you moan,

“I should have paid it....Paid it”....

“But this is not covered? Im not covered tonight”

“I am the dumbest..... The Dumbest, The dumbest”

YEEEEAHO!!!!

YOUR GALLARDOS ON FIRE!!!!!

YEAAAAHHO!!!!

CONSUMED!!!!

ALL THAT’S LEFT IS THE TIRE!!!!

YEEEEAHO !!!!

CONSUMED!!!!

ALL THAT’S LEFT IS THE TIRE!!!!

Good point but I am guessing you will have difficulties proving that the fire was caused by the item they issued the recall on.

It sucks, I am very sorry to hear that your car caught fire.I hope you were covered by your insurance ?

Call me stupid but there was no insurance thanks to a buddy who said you only make few miles why pay too much for insurance!

I still remember that day, when I was reversing I saw flames coming out of engine bay, we have extinguished fire with the help of people around thanks again to my little but so called powerful, new type of extinguisher which did not work!!! anyway the fire caused damage to cables, bumper, hoses, pipes, electrics but not engine so I thought it would be easy to repair, I was wrong!

Anyway I'm glad it didn't happen on the road, at least I was fine.. It's been 2 years and they couldn't find what has caused fire so I guess I can't prove anything..

Call me stupid but there was no insurance thanks to a buddy who said you only make few miles why pay too much for insurance!

I hope you have insurance now. A car is one thing. Putting a person or more in a wheel chair for the rest of their life will cost you millions!

That wasn't wise advice, if you buy a car insurance is a must, if you can't afford insurance you can't afford the car, if you can afford insurance and you don't buy it you are acting irresponsibly.

I am honestly terribly sorry for you and for the fact that you had to learn the hard way, I hope you have insurance now.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my recall notice this evening. Got a call in to Lamborghini to see whether they will cover my costs. My dealer is 400 miles away so I will have to ship it to them. It is mentioned in the recall if there is some leaking on the left rear side to contact the closest dealer to tow it in. I have some leaking but do you think they will tow and return 400 miles each way?.

I got my recall notice this evening. Got a call in to Lamborghini to see whether they will cover my costs. My dealer is 400 miles away so I will have to ship it to them. It is mentioned in the recall if there is some leaking on the left rear side to contact the closest dealer to tow it in. I have some leaking but do you think they will tow and return 400 miles each way?.

I would be impressed if they paid for towing, but don't count on it..

I can't tell you how many G's I've seen that burned from this and how much money both Lambo dealers and independent shops must have made repairing them. Would be interest fodder for a class action attorney.

They'll usually tow one way...I know, strange, but that's what they seem to do at Lambo.

Is the steering rack replaced or just the hose? Why would it take 2 days to replace a hose? Anyone who knows what's the work effort required?

Sorry steering rack is not replaced.

If it is an 04 it takes 24 hours of labor. All lines from the pump to the rack gets replaced with steel braided line. The pump is replaced as well as an oil cooler is installed in the front. Apparently the 04's are the most extensive job.

And Lamborghini will not tow or pay for any out of pocket expenses to get the car to the dealer and back. That sucks!.

Who knows of a good company to ship between Tulsa and Dallas enclosed at a reasonable cost?.

Sorry steering rack is not replaced.

If it is an 04 it takes 24 hours of labor. All lines from the pump to the rack gets replaced with steel braided line. The pump is replaced as well as an oil cooler is installed in the front. Apparently the 04's are the most extensive job.

And Lamborghini will not tow or pay for any out of pocket expenses to get the car to the dealer and back. That sucks!.

Who knows of a good company to ship between Tulsa and Dallas enclosed at a reasonable cost?.

Thanks for the valuable info

I can't tell you how many G's I've seen that burned from this and how much money both Lambo dealers and independent shops must have made repairing them. Would be interest fodder for a class action attorney.

:iamwithstupid:

:iamwithstupid:

Anybody have an idea how many have burned?

Mine is going next week. Apparently the 04's have the most work to do, progressively less on the following 2 years.