Man arrested in plot to blow up NY federal reserve

emanon

Normally this would get alot of attention, but the entire active member list of LP are currently logged into threads "fcuking Douche Nozzle" and "Close To It".

It times like this on LP that National Security is of no concern.

Geeze, I can't even fathom what the disaster would have been had he succeeded

No shit. It doesn't say what the 1000lbs of explosives were, but it could have seriously fucked things up. I mean look what 5k lbs of fertilizer did in Okc. If this was high energy explosives, damn.

Normally this would get alot of attention, but the entire active member list of LP are currently logged into threads "fcuking Douche Nozzle" and "Close To It".

It times like this on LP that National Security is of no concern.

ROFLMAO

No shit. It doesn't say what the 1000lbs of explosives were, but it could have seriously fucked things up. I mean look what 5k lbs of fertilizer did in Okc. If this was high energy explosives, damn.

Would have wiped out the above ground floors of the NYFR AND Chase Manhattan Bank... quite possibly could have dwarfed 911...

Look at all these clowns and how unsuccessful they are and it is scary as shit. You know ONE of these times someone is going to slip through the cracks (underwear bomber style) and actually pull it off.

Hats off to the boots on the ground getting us this Intel all the way back to the crews acting on it here in the US. Thanks for keeping us safe.

OKC would have been WORSE, except that the street, where the truck was parked, was a good distance away from other buildings.... Half the blast went out the OTHER side of the truck where there was just free space and a LOT of the blast went straight UP. What took down the building was just an ancilary tap from that bomb... Maybe 1/4 or 1/8th of its total energy...

Now...

Think of the OKC truck parked in THIS space....

NYFR_1.jpg

Would have wiped out the above ground floors of the NYFR AND Chase Manhattan Bank... quite possibly could have dwarfed 911...

Look at all these clowns and how unsuccessful they are and it is scary as shit. You know ONE of these times someone is going to slip through the cracks (underwear bomber style) and actually pull it off.

Hats off to the boots on the ground getting us this Intel all the way back to the crews acting on it here in the US. Thanks for keeping us safe.

The '93 World Trade Center bombing if executed better would have made 9/11 irrelevant since the whole building would have toppled sideways when the columns would be taken out in the basement.

We got real lucky with that one.

One of these days one of these guys who actually knows what they are doing will slip through the cracks. It's not if, but when. This clown never stood a chance. He did not even know how to make one, he had no connections in the US who knew how to make one and his only friend in the US seemed to be an FBI informant. This kid was just a Jihad poseur. His intentions were scary, but he was pretty harmless.

I can't imagine what would of happened if he had of actually had real explosives, thankfully they got a federal agent in there before he found someone that would supply him with the real shit.

From what I read up on this story it seemed as if there wasn't even a chance this happened. It seems like a whole undercover operation and we supplied the fake explosives. Maybe I read a wrong article though.

From what I read up on this story it seemed as if there wasn't even a chance this happened. It seems like a whole undercover operation and we supplied the fake explosives. Maybe I read a wrong article though.

Correct, I've read that too in many different news outlets on other occasions like this as well. As has recently been the case, and I'm sure more often that not, these terrorist stings involve the FBI or other national security organization go undercover to first seek would-be jihadists that show they are serious about trying to pull off a terror attack. The FBI etc, will communicate with them posing as fellow jihadists or Al-Qaeda members and bring the investigation further along eventually meeting with them, offer dummy explosives and other planning elements. Once the suspect brings the dummy explosives to the site they wish to attack and actively tries to detonate those dummy explosives - game over. There is all the proof they need, with intent, stretching back months to try this wanna be terrorist in court.

:iamwithstupid:

These terrorists 'plots' all carry the same script. Incompetent individual is manipulated by govt. informant into carrying out a terrorist operation with fake explosives supplied by FBI leading to FBI bust. The FBI claims credit for stopping another major terrorist plot and can continue receiving billions for its anti-terrorist operations.

:iamwithstupid:

These terrorists 'plots' all carry the same script. Incompetent individual is manipulated by govt. informant into carrying out a terrorist operation with fake explosives supplied by FBI leading to FBI bust. The FBI claims credit for stopping another major terrorist plot and can continue receiving billions for its anti-terrorist operations.

What would it take to "manipulate" you into attempting to commit mass murder?

These terrorists 'plots' all carry the same script. Incompetent individual is manipulated by govt. informant into carrying out a terrorist operation with fake explosives supplied by FBI leading to FBI bust.

I wouldn't say they are being manipulated by the gov't, FBI etc. They are more so being manipulated by extremist viewpoints and propaganda. Even so, these suspects are willingly seeking to gather resources to perform an attack having already formed their ideals. It doesn't take more than one guy (or a few ~ London 7/7/05) with a backpack full of explosives to cause damage and loss of life, possessing general incompetence or not.

Whats the difference between competence and incompetence in terms of terror attacks? Having carried out the attack vs. being caught in a sting operation? It all depends on who the would-be jihadist reaches out to and/or who finds them - an actual terrorist cell or our national security teams. I'm glad our guys are catching them with the tactics that work; have to give them credit for that.

I wouldn't say they are being manipulated by the gov't, FBI etc. They are more so being manipulated by extremist viewpoints and propaganda. Even so, these suspects are willingly seeking to gather resources to perform an attack having already formed their ideals. It doesn't take more than one guy (or a few ~ London 7/7/05) with a backpack full of explosives to cause damage and loss of life, possessing general incompetence or not.

Whats the difference between competence and incompetence in terms of terror attacks? Having carried out the attack vs. being caught in a sting operation? It all depends on who the would-be jihadist reaches out to and/or who finds them - an actual terrorist cell or our national security teams. I'm glad our guys are catching them with the tactics that work, have to give them credit for that.

Exactly.

In most of these cases, we're talking about would-be suicide bombers.... So there aren't a lot of seasoned veterans...

Nonetheless, most first-time suicide bombers (when they haven't been intercepted by undercover police first, who are usually providing them REAL explosives that WONT explode) are capable of pulling it off.

If a cop overhears you at a bar, grousing about how you want to kill your ex-wife, the undercover cop saunters up and says ,"Are you serious? cause I can help you out with that..." and you say "God damn right Im serious!"

He gives you a gun (with the firing pin removed) to shoot her with.... You walk up behind her, point it at her head, and pull the trigger... CLICK.... There was no way you could have killed her (unless you got a different gun, or discovered the bad firing pin and fixed it).

Were you an "incompetent" "Manipulated" by the cops?

So, the FBI feeds the guy fake bombs. The guy tries to blow them up. FBI takes credit for stopping the would-be-never-was-gonna-be a bomber? Hmmm.

So, the FBI feeds the guy fake bombs. The guy tries to blow them up. FBI takes credit for stopping the would-be-never-was-gonna-be a bomber? Hmmm.

guy needs explosives. FBI gives him fake explosives to stop him searching for real ones. Wait for him to attempt to commit the crime. Then arrest. In my view removing all doubt about his seriousness of intent.

So if somebody gave you a bomb, you would try to blow up the Federal Reserve Bank with it?

At a suicide bombing school, the teacher seats in front of his pupils holding the detonator in his hand, shouting, everyone pay attention now, I can only show you this ONCE.