Rhershey

Allan-Herbie

I have the paperwork with the same miles it had when I sold it to him from Lamborghini " full compression test" Passed!

Tell me Tony why did you dub the sound? I guess to hid the fact of it smoking.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^^ same here

“complete restoration” is a misnomer. One could argue that half of the cars out there could use a complete overhaul or going-through.

What is the first advise we give, or are given, when looking for a car like this? Answer: do a PPI, know what you’re getting into, and buy the best example you can afford.

We all know that without appreciation it is tough to get out of what you have to put into a CT to “restore it”. What does one expect when purchasing one of the cheapest cars out there? Just saying…

I bought a car that was not supposed to have the sound dubbed and the pictures photo shopped. Have you looked a some of the pictures that I posted and looked at his? You really need to do this.

Buy it back and end the bullshit. Right now your credibility is in the toilet

I will send the title to Roy ( I think that he would do this for us but I would have to ask) and Tony you wire Roy my money. When you get the car Roy sends you the title and sends me my money.

^^^ same here

“complete restoration” is a misnomer. One could argue that half of the cars out there could use a complete overhaul or going-through.

What is the first advise we give, or are given, when looking for a car like this? Answer: do a PPI, know what you’re getting into, and buy the best example you can afford.

We all know that without appreciation it is tough to get out of what you have to put into a CT to “restore it”. What does one expect when purchasing one of the cheapest cars out there? Just saying…

When Russell asked why this one was 83k not 150k or 250k like my other cars, I told him "its a FI car and needs work" I also told him I wanted to free up some money to buy other cars since I had the maroon for a bit and when I called Lamborghini of Orl they said that it would be a few months to paint, if not more cause of the shop was busy. So I figured ok then I will sell it to Russell for a number to give him room to restore it himself. ( I paid 75 plus, plus) He told me " I don't need to fly there Tony because if I don't want it the other dealer said he will take it for mid to upper 70's." Russell was told "Fly here so you can get your own opinion on the car cause they always need something" in the end of his mind changing plans he said to me " help me find a buyer " then I didn't have luck.. He called me all crazy saying "I need to move the car so Buy it back or I will get my friends to bad mouth you online and you will be in bad shape" At first I thought to myself I'm dealing with a man thats not acting correct. Then I called a friend and he said that Russell already went to the web starting Drama.. So I called Russell and said " I will buy it back for what I paid for it after you Go back online and Admit the truth", he said " give me the money back or else" If I wanted my money back I would have went back to the web correct. but he tried to bully me saying "I have more friends on the web and we will work together.." I then said "Its all up to you Russell" he then sent me a letter from his Attorney, So I did what any smart man would have done, I sent it to my Attorney. I never followed up with either one cause the truth will surface. shortly after his drama started someone spotted the Video of the CT with the key out... so he calls me back again..

Now if you check the date on the Video it was uploaded on June 16th 2012 then went to Lamborghini and received a compression test (passed)on June 27th. Russell didn't check the dates, have him post a copy of the letter from his Attorney. When we shot the video it was hotter then hell & the camera mic was acting up. So we recorded the sound then shut the car off, did some stills of the car and put the video together. In the video at 3:12 y'all will hear the sound from the go pro camera, Car don't run hot driving & the mic works fine on that camera. So as far as his video claim thats crap, and when he says the car was running bad why would the dealership passed the compression test? this guys is a rare breed & loves to make threats of suing if he don't get his way. As far as the interior I told him its condition!

If someone sells him a Ct force him to fly and touch the car, bring a mechanic and get a full PPI.

Again after all his drama I said Ok Russell bring me my car in person and I will give you buy it back the reason I wanted to do that is because I was going to make a new video of the car starting and running as it did when it left..

Russell claims "the Spark plus wires where crossed & the car was blowing smoke" Now heres my thoughts..

I don't think Lamborghini of Sara would have crossed the wires, and for the smoke I told him it did that when the car sits for awhile for just a minute.

I spoke with the first owner and told you all he said " Russell was happy when he called him"

My job is to be honest when I sell and advise people to fly into town.

when I tried to get the north of 100 for the car I said it was complete cause before I would have closed the sale I would have ran it to my interior guy...

PS:

Russell removed the Alarm & changed the Spark plug wires....WHY do that to a car you don't want?

He must of damaged something in the electronics and then tried to blame me.... Why didn't he want to bring my car to me? I told him If I buy the car I wanna touch it.. thats what I advised him to do... then we might not be talking bout this car.

Just for the heck of it what have I not done? If you would have bought the car back at the start of this mess and tried to save face. We could have had this mess over with month's ago. Instead you tried to string me along with false hope and lies. If you have no problem with buying this car back then why is it still at my place? No I am not taking this car to Fl. and having you to tell me to piss off again.

cause you went to the web lying! Admit that!

cause you went to the web lying! Admit that!
You really are a POS the idea of me having to lie to get my money back to make you look ok will be a cold day in hell.

You really are a POS the idea of me having to lie to get my money back to make you look ok will be a cold day in hell.

ok Im done with your Drama, 83k for a running CT that was never hit or damaged and your complaining!

When Russell asked why this one was 83k not 150k or 250k like my other cars, I told him "its a FI car and needs work" I also told him I wanted to free up some money to buy other cars since I had the maroon for a bit and when I called Lamborghini of Orl they said that it would be a few months to paint, if not more cause of the shop was busy. So I figured ok then I will sell it to Russell for a number to give him room to restore it himself. ( I paid 75 plus, plus) He told me " I don't need to fly there Tony because if I don't want it the other dealer said he will take it for mid to upper 70's." Russell was told "Fly here so you can get your own opinion on the car cause they always need something" in the end of his mind changing plans he said to me " help me find a buyer " then I didn't have luck.. He called me all crazy saying "I need to move the car so Buy it back or I will get my friends to bad mouth you online and you will be in bad shape" At first I thought to myself I'm dealing with a man thats not acting correct. Then I called a friend and he said that Russell already went to the web starting Drama.. So I called Russell and said " I will buy it back for what I paid for it after you Go back online and Admit the truth", he said " give me the money back or else" If I wanted my money back I would have went back to the web correct. but he tried to bully me saying "I have more friends on the web and we will work together.." I then said "Its all up to you Russell" he then sent me a letter from his Attorney, So I did what any smart man would have done, I sent it to my Attorney. I never followed up with either one cause the truth will surface. shortly after his drama started someone spotted the Video of the CT with the key out... so he calls me back again..

Now if you check the date on the Video it was uploaded on June 16th 2012 then went to Lamborghini and received a compression test (passed)on June 27th. Russell didn't check the dates, have him post a copy of the letter from his Attorney. When we shot the video it was hotter then hell & the camera mic was acting up. So we recorded the sound then shut the car off, did some stills of the car and put the video together. In the video at 3:12 y'all will hear the sound from the go pro camera, Car don't run hot driving & the mic works fine on that camera. So as far as his video claim thats crap, and when he says the car was running bad why would the dealership passed the compression test? this guys is a rare breed & loves to make threats of suing if he don't get his way. As far as the interior I told him its condition!

If someone sells him a Ct force him to fly and touch the car, bring a mechanic and get a full PPI.

Again after all his drama I said Ok Russell bring me my car in person and I will give you buy it back the reason I wanted to do that is because I was going to make a new video of the car starting and running as it did when it left..

Russell claims "the Spark plus wires where crossed & the car was blowing smoke" Now heres my thoughts..

I don't think Lamborghini of Sara would have crossed the wires, and for the smoke I told him it did that when the car sits for awhile for just a minute.

I spoke with the first owner and told you all he said " Russell was happy when he called him"

My job is to be honest when I sell and advise people to fly into town.

when I tried to get the north of 100 for the car I said it was complete cause before I would have closed the sale I would have ran it to my interior guy...

PS:

Russell removed the Alarm & changed the Spark plug wires....WHY do that to a car you don't want?

He must of damaged something in the electronics and then tried to blame me.... Why didn't he want to bring my car to me? I told him If I buy the car I wanna touch it.. thats what I advised him to do... then we might not be talking bout this car.

Its nice, at least, after all this drama to finally get the seller's side of the story.

ok.. ok.. ok.. I am not going to hold back here.. so you bought the ugly ass piece of shit maroon countach that was on ebay.. and you want the seller to buy it back..? What in the world did you expect.. It was a 100 foot car.. Meaning that it would take you to be 100 feet away for that car to look like it was in good condition.. First It is a 30 year old car, that was in poor shape at best. If the interior looked like that, how in the world would you expect the rest of the car to be in better shape? If you wanted anything other than a huge project you made a poor decision purchasing that battle field car.. Read between the lines is right.. He was selling something, he did embellish, but what the hell did you expect him to put in the description field?

Description:

This is a piece of shit.. Seriously no one should by this car.. It has a ton of issues and it will take a bankroll to make the necessary corrections..

Sorry, but we all knew it was a total waste of time for anyone that wasn't willing to do a full resto, or take it the way it was and try to keep it running without gutting it..

Allen's car was in better shape, cost more, and he still put a ton of money into that Countach to make it what it is today.. And it was a good example..

It was a bad purchase. But I don't blame the seller here.. we all know there are very few good examples of a countach that are worth it..even a good example is going to have a ton of shit wrong with it.. Hell there is seller right now asking $220k for a car and even it looks like it is going to have issues.. It's a countach man.. you got burned Rhershey, but you burned yourself.. Don't blame others for your bad decision. I for one don't buy into "your side". I wouldn't be affraid to purchase a car from Tony, but now we just all know he will embellish a little.. What salesman doesn't?

A plane ticket, a ppi, a friends opinion. Any 1 of those things would probably stopped Rhershey from purchasing this car..Insurance is worth more than perceived sometimes.

And to top it all off you are trying to make Tony look like an asshole.. I know your type Rhershey..

Everyone always jumps on the wagon of a buyer.. Men and women on LP I have no skin in this, I have no idea who Tony is, but this kind of shit makes my blood boil.. Read between the lines... Tony isn't to blame.. Any one of us could have owned that car, sold it to Rhershey, and he would be basterdizing you. He probably could have even looked at it in person, got it home, and would have blamed Tony for changing shit on the car after he looked at it..

It's in his DNA.. I deal with buyers like this all the time.. Don't beleive the bullshit. As salesman we all have equipment in good condition and we have equipment that needs work.. Rhershey bought the car to "save" money and realized his poor ability to analyze his purchase just blew up in his face..

I don't care if he was my own father.. I would call him out on here.. Bullshit to try and ruin someones reputation like this.. Complete bullshit.

I am sorry but false advertising is false advertising, you can't get away with embellishing just because you are a used car dealer, in relation to price it has very little to do with it, the price can be influenced by a multitude of factors, the seller needs money to meet his very urgent financial obligations, urgent medical expenses, settle on a contract with huge penalty clauses, reimburse loans with large penalty clauses (trying to avoid a baseball bat to the kneecaps) who the hell knows why his asking what his asking so low price does not equal bad condition if advertised otherwise!

What's wrong with you people? Have you heard of bargains? That's what the buyer was chasing, a bargain, unfortunately he didn't get one and his due diligence was certainly lacking now he's obviously suffering the consequences!

The seller is a crook and a BS artist, and if you think you can't be truthful about the condition of a used car you must take a quick look at Roy's adds :icon_thumleft:

I am sorry but false advertising is false advertising, you can't get away with embellishing just because you are a used car dealer, in relation to price it has very little to do with it, the price can be influenced by a multitude of factors, the seller needs money to meet his very urgent financial obligations, urgent medical expenses, settle on a contract with huge penalty clauses, reimburse loans with large penalty clauses (trying to avoid a baseball bat to the kneecaps) who the hell knows why his asking what his asking so low price does not equal bad condition if advertised otherwise!

What's wrong with you people? Have you heard of bargains? That's what the buyer was chasing, a bargain, unfortunately he didn't get one and his due diligence was certainly lacking now he's obviously suffering the consequences!

The seller is a crook and a BS artist, and if you think you can't be truthful about the condition of a used car you must take a quick look at Roy's adds :icon_thumleft:

This.

Yes, but Roy doesn't have a countach for $83000??? And if he did he would probably represent it a little more honest than it was,, but how far does one need to go representing a 30 year old car that is selling well below all the other cars in the market? He knew what he was buying was a car that needs work.. Period. Just from the pictures of that car when it was on ebay he had to of known how bad things "could" be.. As a seller you dont always know what is wrong with the car medchanically. .. Did he assume that the seller took the engine out, trans etc. and inspcted them internally? I just feel rhershey is dragging this guy through the mud when it was plain as day a car that needed beyond a lot of help.. Looking at the pictures the car literally looked like it had sat outside in houston for 10 years.. Just got covered with bunch of megquiars quick detailer and snapped a bunch of photos.. It wasn't hard to notice it wasn't a 1 owner documented car.. Come on now..

And to be fair, even the guys that were representing the Countach that Allen bought did the same thing..Embellish.. That car was marketed over and over. I looked at that car deeply. I was very interested in it.. They painted a picture that it was a golden ticket and everything I read suggested it didn't need a thing..Or maybe I too was blinded by how much of a deal it seemed.. Look at the expenses Allen put into it and I am positive there were things that weren't represented..

It was a golden car to 1 person that saw the true value.. But that value only came by putting a lot back into it.. Now we would all die to have Allen's car..

Megachad I am sorry I don't know what you do, I assume, based on your frustrations with Rhershey the retail customer, you are selling used cars for a living, I COMPLETELY sympathize with you, retail customers can be the biggest PITA ever, I hate retail and directly I would never get involved with it but you must admit in this situation the vendor dropped the ball by not completely telling the truth, hoping that the buyer would draw his on conclusions because on price alone, I thought I've explained the pricing "issues" but anyway, you know what they say about assumptions?

Embellishing and expecting your customer to assume it is not a good business practice, although extremely frustrating very little money if any was lost the vendor was exposed for what he is, obviously we all have different opinions and we can all draw our own conclusions.

The board's job is done IMO.

And to be fair, even the guys that were representing the Countach that Allen bought did the same thing..Embellish.. That car was marketed over and over. I looked at that car deeply. I was very interested in it.. They painted a picture that it was a golden ticket and everything I read suggested it didn't need a thing..Or maybe I too was blinded by how much of a deal it seemed.. Look at the expenses Allen put into it and I am positive there were things that weren't represented..

It was a golden car to 1 person that saw the true value.. But that value only came by putting a lot back into it.. Now we would all die to have Allen's car..

You've done your job and looked at the car in person made up your mind about it and moved on, disaster averted, but remember not everyone is as switched on and as knowledgable as you are and it isn't right when these people are being taken advantage of by unscrupulous individuals.

Also remember just because you just saw someone illegally crossing a red light it doesn't make you less guilty if you decide to follow suit :icon_mrgreen:

Megachad I am sorry I don't know what you do, I assume, based on your frustrations with Rhershey the retail customer, you are selling used cars for a living, I COMPLETELY sympathize with you, retail customers can be the biggest PITA ever, I hate retail and directly I would never get involved with it but you must admit in this situation the vendor dropped the ball by not completely telling the truth, hoping that the buyer would draw his on conclusions because on price alone, I thought I've explained the pricing "issues" but anyway, you know what they say about assumptions?

Embellishing and expecting your customer to assume it is not a good business practice, although extremely frustrating very little money if any was lost the vendor was exposed for what he is, obviously we all have different opinions and we can all draw our own conclusions.

The board's job is done IMO.

I agree with both you and Chad, but I hate to say it, he should have flown in. I saw that car in Sarasota, on the showroom floor while it was there for service. It was rough. I mean rough. But a Countach that cheap is going to be. He broke the cardinal rule of PPI, PPI, PPI, PPI. Especially on a car that old. Even if Tony was 100% honest, and I don't know exactly what he said or didn't say, a car that old is going to have a metric fcuk ton of shit wrong with it no matter what. I would have NEVER bought that type of car sight unseen for any price. This isn't an under warranty Mercedes Benz.

I hope it all gets worked out. I get caught in the middle of these things from time to time and they are never pretty.

Devils advocate here, how much hand holding is the seller responsible for? Fact of life; sellers paint a pretty picture, buyers try and poke holes. Sometimes you have to face the music, you made your bed, etc etc.

The seller was deceptive beyond words, hell he even altered a video.. But ultimately how you part with your $$$ is reflected on you alone. We didn't get this money to buy toys by being stupid, why be stupid now? So that's not an excuse.

I have no dogs in this fight either, honestly I feel bad for Russel a fellow member as he's on of us.

But to put it into context, I have a flawless 10 carat diamond. I'm asking $83k for it.. Come take a look, "no, I believe you not worth the trip ill just wire you the money".

And to top it all off you are trying to make Tony look like an asshole.. I know your type Rhershey..

Everyone always jumps on the wagon of a buyer.. Men and women on LP I have no skin in this, I have no idea who Tony is, but this kind of shit makes my blood boil.. Read between the lines... Tony isn't to blame.. Any one of us could have owned that car, sold it to Rhershey, and he would be basterdizing you. He probably could have even looked at it in person, got it home, and would have blamed Tony for changing shit on the car after he looked at it..

It's in his DNA.. I deal with buyers like this all the time.. Don't beleive the bullshit. As salesman we all have equipment in good condition and we have equipment that needs work.. Rhershey bought the car to "save" money and realized his poor ability to analyze his purchase just blew up in his face..

I don't care if he was my own father.. I would call him out on here.. Bullshit to try and ruin someones reputation like this.. Complete bullshit.

He promised me he would contact all "his friends" on the forum to gang up on me.. and THEN a new buyer came along.. I asked where did you hear bout my cars. He says " that forum were Russell was bad mouthing you" & " everyone is onto them guys by now".~~~Then I sold him a car.

The video was uploaded days before the compression test... the key not in the car had nothing to do with smoking...

BUT HAD TO DO WITH SHOOTING A VIDEO WITH A BAD MIC AND A HOT DAY THAT CAUSES CARS LIKE THIS TO OVER HEAT SITTING STILL....

IF the car was SMOKING RuSSELL WOULD HAVE VIDEOED IT AND POSTED . NOW RUSS, I KNOW YOU WOULD PUT OIL IN THE TAIL PIPE OR SOMETHING SUCH AS THAT TO MAKE IT SMOKE SO HE IS WHAT I SUGGEST YOU DO...TAKE IT TO A REPUTABLE DEALER/SERVICE SPECIALIST AND HAVE THEM START THE CAR & POST VIDEO..... AND ALL WILL SEE HOW BAD IT SMOKES...

RUSSELL CAN DO ALL HE LIKES AND I CANT STOP HIM BUT WHEN I "DEFEND" MYSELF IN COURT WE WILL SEE THE TRUTH.

EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT SOUND IN VIDEO... AS I SAID BEFORE PLAY VIDEO AND LISTEN TO THE GOPRO .. YOU WILL SEE ITS THE SAME CAR..

RUSSELL CLAIMS THIS ENGINE SOUND ISNT THE 85 CAR I SOLD HIM, SO CHECK THE GOPRO SOUND AND YOU WILL HEAR ITS THE SAME CAR... THE MIC WAS OUT ON THE NIKON AND THE DAY IT WAS VIDEOED IT WAS (HOT) .

On my car alot of things that were represented, I just think the owner didnt know. I dont think he drove the car in many years. As an example when I asked him if the tires were ever changed, he said no, car only has a few thousand miles, tires are perfect. So Im like tires are original? He replies yes. I proceed to tell him well they need to be changed then, they are 25yrs old.. He replies WHY? LOL.. Then he sends me a picture of the car with a flat tire. lol Says it must just need air. In the end, I did spend more on the car than I thought I needed to, but some of that was elective. Every Countach I looked at, was represented as perfect and all of them had issues which would of required me to spend just as much, if not more.

Inmo, any Countach you buy, will have issues. Look at Alberts car. He has redone EVERYTHING, yet something else always pops up. These cars were built like crap to begin with.

In this cars case, my gripe is if it were shadily put together to run, sound dubbed over etc thats bullshit on the seller. We all figured this car needed atleast a full interior, some paint, and mechanicals ( especially from that shady engine bay shot) , but it should atleast run ok.

I should have looked at this car in person or had a PPi done. The things that Tony should have said about this car he didn't. In all of the ads that I have that he advertised this car for sale it never said that this car needs a complete restoration. This car ran so bad coming off the hauler that it almost had to be pushed off of it.

Tony can twist things around anyway that he wants to in order to caver his ass.

The fact remains he grossly misrepresented this car to me. I am not in anyway saying that I am not at fault for not looking at this car. You guys have only looked a few real pictures of the car that I have posted. You should see it in person. This is not a matter of opinion of the condition of the car it is real bad.

People keep mentioning price....just because someone has a price that in hindsight people think is fair does NOT mean that their misrepresentation of the car is acceptable. It is not like this was offered for $30k and described as flawless and Russell thought he was getting an incredible deal. Chad being in the used vehicle field, I can understand why you feel the way you do but I don't agree with you. Same as you commented on my wheels thread....AS IS does not mean the seller can describe something any way they like and the onus is on the buyer to fact check everything. Both parties have to have some accountability.

For instance I bought my Diablo for a fair price for a solidly running car. Had seen the car in person, met the owner and his family but did not get a PPI in the middle of Oklahoma. Car wouldn't run 3 weeks after getting it. Knowing that I was partially to blame for not getting a PPI done I offered that the seller and I split repair costs. I heard nothing but crickets.

I have no idea why Tony would not buy the car back for what he sold it for. No one walks away from any of these bad deals feeling unscathed but there has to be some ownership of describing things accurately and honestly especially when you are an "expert" in that field.

Maybe this is a bad suggestion, and I'm not trying to get in the middle of this at all or challenge Russell. But if you are taking him to court will you not have to get a professional PPI done to have an expert opinion on the shape of the car to prove it misrepresented? Why not get it done by a respected shop and post it up. That way their is an opinion on the shape besides just the sellers and the buyers. If you want to save it for the courtroom thats understandable tho.