Rhershey

Allan-Herbie

Not sure this video clip will load BUT....did you get fucked as dry as I did when I got my Jarama? 1st in a line of mechanical question, the very basic first question: How does it run? Answer: Purrs like a kitten.

Good gosh! That is some serious smoke!

Were the rings shot????

Mike

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought we all saw the video and I, at least, thought the tone was the crappy camra mic.......guess I was wrong!

That is what I was told by him.

That is some pretty good Hollywood editing right there. Obviously, the motor was off the whole time it "seemed" like it was idling.

Who's to say that it was even that car that we heard in the video?

Who's to say that it was even that car that we heard in the video?

In my opinion it seems like it wasn't as if the Richard did the following to the engine

4 spark plug boots, replaced 1 broken plug, and put #11 and #12 wires on the right place.

There is no way that engine would have sounded like that.

In my opinion it seems like it wasn't as if the Richard did the following to the engine

There is no way that engine would have sounded like that.

Alot of these guys simply rely on foreign buyers knowing full well once its gone they have no recourse..

Alot of these guys simply rely on foreign buyers knowing full well once its gone they have no recourse..

Remember, this is the same seller that had the video up of the black carbed car running that was backfiring, knocking and barely running.

Remember, this is the same seller that had the video up of the black carbed car running that was backfiring, knocking and barely running.

Yes, I forgot about that.. The video I posted where I made fun of how good a carbed car sounds..

Can he be taken to court, based on the video which seemingly proves intent to defraud?

Someone download the video before he takes it offline in case there's a slim chance they'll be some sort of legal recourse.

Maybe he had mixed up the engine soundtracks and that was the Hershey car.....

Good gosh! That is some serious smoke!

Were the rings shot????

Mike

Yep! Now has top end rebuilt with the racing valves from Jacques as well as much other work; waterpump, hydraulics, carbs etc.

The first time I saw the video it was immediately apparent in the first few minutes that the audio track was added (seamless audio on top of edited video). The birds at the beginning was a nice touch. Notice also that while it was being driven the engine was barely being rev’ed. Who doesn’t pouch on it at least once. Wonder what it sounds like above 3K RPM. Sounded pretty good at idle for having swapped wires. Most everything else regarding the inconsistencies in the video has already been said. Clearly deceptive to me. :eusa_naughty:

So let me get this straight, it appears that this guy Tony Rienzi guy digs up cars that barely run, does some buffing and wet sanding to bring back the paint, then sells them using deceptive video and advertising, hoping to get foreign buyers with no recourse?

I've seen him on this forum before, maybe he will speak up on his own behalf.

Also, wanted to say Rhershey, if you get no refund, don't give up on the car. If the motor is OK internally, and it just needs the top end stuff worked out, might not be that bad. I've seen people buy classic cars that barely run and smoke like crazy, and with a few weeks of work, they shape up pretty nice. Since you are a good mechanic and have a lot of CT experience, you can probably handle a lot of this. It's easy for a CT to fall into the hands of someone who doesn't know how to tune it up, or doesn't care enough to do it right. A CT is an amazing thing to own, give that car some love and maybe things will be OK. Maybe the previous owner got some bad maintainence and gave up on the car when it didn't run right. The question is this- how much damage has been done. If ya gotta open that engine up, that could be trouble.

Also, wanted to say Rhershey, if you get no refund, don't give up on the car. If the motor is OK internally, and it just needs the top end stuff worked out, might not be that bad. I've seen people buy classic cars that barely run and smoke like crazy, and with a few weeks of work, they shape up pretty nice. Since you are a good mechanic and have a lot of CT experience, you can probably handle a lot of this. It's easy for a CT to fall into the hands of someone who doesn't know how to tune it up, or doesn't care enough to do it right. A CT is an amazing thing to own, give that car some love and maybe things will be OK. Maybe the previous owner got some bad maintainence and gave up on the car when it didn't run right. The question is this- how much damage has been done. If ya gotta open that engine up, that could be trouble.
Thanks for the advice. I can do the work on the car it just pisses me off that I got raped. I am old enough to know better.

So let me get this straight, it appears that this guy Tony Rienzi guy digs up cars that barely run, does some buffing and wet sanding to bring back the paint, then sells them using deceptive video and advertising, hoping to get foreign buyers with no recourse?

I've seen him on this forum before, maybe he will speak up on his own behalf.

I will bet you that he won't. I will be posting the real pictures of this car in a little while unless he takes care of this problem.

Thanks for the advice. I can do the work on the car it just pisses me off that I got raped. I am old enough to know better.

this is NOT completely your fault. It would have been prudent to lay eyes on it, but hind sight is 20/20. The blame is sqaurely on the shoulders of the con man that misrepresented, mislead and abused your trust. Moving forward do you think you could turn this into the car you originally wanted?

Is it just me or does it look like someone had tried to pick up the car from the dash?

They must have tried something because it is bowed better bad.

I just watched the video and saw no key as well then I saw your post.

that is amazing!

Also pretty neat how the car is idling without a key in the ignition (see 1:30)...

How much do you think he charged for the buffing? Guy seemed kinda off, but looked like he had some nice cars. Sucks, me thinks he wont be in business too long...

Well I would guess for paint correction and its and exotic so that means the price automatically goes up. anywhere from 2-5k.