First teaser picture of the Ferrari F70

Nath4N

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool info about the f70. However, I am still in the P1 camp.

I can't decide which I like better until I see the F70/150/whatevertheycallit.

The main difference I see is the owners of the F-car can feel good about the future value of their million plus car and the McLaren P1 has no benchmark. With the hit the MP4 took it is hard to say.

Like the Mp4 being much better than the 458, I bet the P1 will be the superior car. But in turn I bet the Ferrari holds its value better.

I can't decide which I like better until I see the F70/150/whatevertheycallit.

The main difference I see is the owners of the F-car can feel good about the future value of their million plus car and the McLaren P1 has no benchmark. With the hit the MP4 took it is hard to say.

Like the Mp4 being much better than the 458, I bet the P1 will be the superior car. But in turn I bet the Ferrari holds its value better.

The F1 is doing fine, if they don't overproduce it should do well.

If the F-1 is a benchmark for the longevity of the new P-1, the prices will be astronimical in many years time. A good McLaren F-1 will fetch 4+mm dollars. A glass case car will bring the moon. That said, they only built 100 of them so the pricing for the P-1 will likely not be the same in 10-20 years time.

The F1 is doing fine, if they don't overproduce it should do well.

If the F-1 is a benchmark for the longevity of the new P-1, the prices will be astronimical in many years time. A good McLaren F-1 will fetch 4+mm dollars. A glass case car will bring the moon. That said, they only built 100 of them so the pricing for the P-1 will likely not be the same in 10-20 years time.

The F1 is a different car all together. It was the fastest car ever made and made with materials way ahead of its time. The P1 is not going to be the world beater that the F1 was and the company operates with a very different philosophy now then it did back then. There were far less F1's made, it was miles ahead of all competition.

The F1 has central driving position and a NA V12 with raw power being the main focus. The P1 is a TT modern car with refined power as the focus. It is not trying to break world records and they are making 5 times the amount of cars compared to the F1.

The level of competition is very different now. And they had a bit of a bust on their most recent product. I hope it does well, I hope McLaren sets a new bar and the car sells for twice its sticker, I just don't have confidence in the brand right now. I get the Ferrari and Lamborghini business models. Every move they make is in line with the goals and positioning of the brand. I do not feel like McLaren has their strategy completely together.

Like I said, I hope McLaren does well with the P1 and I hope the owners do even better on the resale market. Same for Ferrari. I want the million plus cars to succeed. I want to see more of them! I am not saying McLaren will fail. I am just stating that the F150 appears to be more inline with the Enzo product than the P1 is to the F1. I wish the P1 had a little more of the F1 to it. Mainly, central driving +2 and a NA V12. I think it would be a stronger product in the HyperCar market if it was the same basic car with those two F1 features.

Isn't the P1 cheaper? Ferrari will sell a lot quicker and retain values better in the short time, who knows what will happen in the long run? there are many factors which influence values with most important being exclusivity and rarity.

I would buy to enjoy now, if prices go up great, it will be a bonus, if not who cares? I know much better places where I could stick $1m + to get the return one of these cars would supposedly bring in the next 20 years.

Having said that, I think there could be a very quick buck in flipping the F70, McLaren will certainly not be there with the P1, not yet anyway.

Its very obvious that the F70 will fetch a higher premium over sticker than the P1. But the reality is, all of the F70s are already spoken for, and I dont believe any active members on this forum are getting the chance to buy 1 at sticker. If they are, they are very very lucky! For me the P1 is much more exciting, since its probably something that will perform better for less than half the price of an f70 on the secondary market.

• 2 months later...
invitation and photoshop based on it

is it just me or does it look like a lotus elise in the back?

• 2 weeks later...
It's pretty unbelievable looking. One of the best looking cars I've ever seen. Right up there with a Zonda. I heard people saying the front end was long, and man, it really is. The wheels did look a bit basic, but hardly enough to detract from the car. I haven't seen the P1 in person yet, but even if it is better than it looks in pictures, it would really have to be something to top this.

One man's pleasure is another's poison.

At Geneva, I thought it was the ugliest Ferrari I've seen in a long time. Most people there seemed to feel the same way as I did.

The reason why this car look the way it is because Ferrari went function over form while with lambo its the other way around. Your not going to get a car as uniform and sexy as the Aventador if your main goal is speed. The weight to power and the technical aspects of this car are amazing. Completely different leagues imo and shouldn't even be compared. One is a pure hyper car while the other is a sexy exotic.

The reason why this car look the way it is because Ferrari went function over form while with lambo its the other way around.

Not true. form follows function... that is Lamborghini's motto. Literally.

Not true. form follows function... that is Lamborghini's motto. Literally.

Even though that's they're motto lets think about this for a sec, Lambos are not the fastest nor the lightest but they sure are some of the sexiest cars in the world. Not sure about the Aventador but they're previous V12 supercars seem to have many blind spots and are not easy to drive. Also they're NA v12 engines not twin turbo v8's or something that is easier to pull more hp from. If you want a performance focused car your going to get something like a mp4 which is nice but not nearly as sexy as the Aventador nor does it sell or sound as well. What lambo focuses on (IMO) is the artistic part. Naturally aspirated, single clutch, fighter jet/spaceship look. In terms of beauty, sound, and feel it's on a different level then cars priced under it but for performance I wouldn't say so. Not saying it's a bad thing imo it just targets different kinds of people. I know if lets say I get a LP640 over a zr1 that I'm not getting a car that's easier to drive or better performance but those scissor doors, v12 engine, and that fighter jet look is wicked. Oh baby here I coooome!!!

I think we are talking different elements of form. Lambo's form on most of their cars is just that. Stunning looks. They make sure it looks good then cram all the power they can in it to make it fast. With the exception of the veneno which i believe is a wind tunnel exercise of the Aventador (and looks outrageous liek a lambo should.) Ferrari with the la-di-daferrari tried to go the route of the McLaren F1 of not worrying about looks and make it perform, handle and all that stuff better i suppose....

Not to go off topic from the L-Ferrari, but I'd like to respond to the above posts.

Form follows function is a statement about aerodynamics.

As hard as it may be to believe by how beautiful it is, the Aventador was designed around form following function. The function of the body shape, retractable wing and various intakes are all designed for low drag, engine and brake cooling, directing the flow of air, and optimizing downforce. I am not claiming to be an expert in fluid dynamics, but the designers at Lamborghini are. There's a whole lot more going on than a pretty face. :)

I think the form follows function has let many cars look so similar because they are all striving towards a lower coefficient, more downforce etc. especially where most people would see less than 170 mph on the roads, why not create sexier looking cars that are less function and more form? That is my main beef with modern cars

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

His body language and gesturing at the end of his drive tells me he perhaps expected something else from the car, the lack of enthusiasm and smiling tells me that he wasn't blown away by the ride, for a moment there it looks like he forgot where his wages are coming from :icon_mrgreen: