Gun control in US

Fortis

Guest Moss
Your opinion seems as far from humble as any I have read.

Ditto. The epitome of ignorance.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Protecting your self/family, how many people here that own a gun have shot/killed somebody? Could you?

Listen... Taking another person's life is not something that I would EVER want to do.... The minute one does so, their life is FOREVER ALTERED... The LEGAL STRUGGLES THEY ARE IN FOR ALONE, is enough to make most LAW ABIDING people hesitate....

Having said that, knowing that I get to spend more time with my loved ones.... Its a no brainer. I think the way I rationalize it is, Im not shooting to KILL somebody... Although that very well may be the outcome... Im shooting to STOP somebody from THREATENING MY LIFE, MY FAMIILY'S LIFE, or some other innocent person... When the threat stops, so does the shooting...

BTW...

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

Guest Moss
As someone from outside the US, I just don't understand your gun culture. Instead of giving up 30 round mags and semi-auto weapons, people you rather have their kids going to school that might as well be call Sing Sing, Rikers, and San Quentin. MY GOD! You'd rather strip away freedoms from your kid by sending them to school with security that will soon rival prisons. Armed guards, locked doors and bars on the windows. Class time will soon be called lock down and recess will be 10 minutes a day.

I've heard the argument "I NEED these guns to protect my family". In Canada, I don't know ANYBODY that would feel it necessary to have one let alone the guns Americans can get. Mass shootings with shooters that either bought the weapons themselves or once removed from someone who did, give me ONE SOLID reason you NEED a gun.

Protecting your self/family, how many people here that own a gun have shot/killed somebody? Could you?

My humble opinion...

I mentioned this stereotype of person a few times in this discussion so there is nothing to address here.

Guest Moss

City of Arlington municipal building. ( those aren't bowling balls)

post-325-1356137228.jpg

Germany has guns virtually banned, yet school shootings still occur here and there. And give up semi-auto weapons? What do you expect people to protect themselves with?

So effectively putting your kids in prison is acceptable?

The United States is not Canada. We have a population 10X Canada's and a lot more cities. For some people, in the areas they live in, break-ins are a regular occurrence. And what happens in the event of a natural disaster? We get those in the United States.

Ok, I'll give you that. The US population is bigger than ours, BUT looking at stats from both of our governments the US has a homicide rate over double ours where homicide by firearm accounts for 67% in the US, and in Canada they only account for 35%. You have more change getting stabbed to death here.

If someone is going to harm your family, I'd be shocked at a person who could not shoot said thug.

If someone threatened you with a bat, you're going to shoot them? Could you even legally?

Guest Moss

Ok, I'll give you that. The US population is bigger than ours, BUT looking at stats from both of our governments the US has a homicide rate over double ours where homicide by firearm accounts for 67% in the US, and in Canada they only account for 35%. You have more change getting stabbed to death here.

If someone threatened you with a bat, you're going to shoot them? Could you even legally?

Your first two questions make no sense. The answer to the third one is yes and I'm not trying to make a joke here but I'm having trouble taking anyone serious that is listing their 86 Fiero LS1.

Every office building I've ever worked in has an armed security guard at a front desk making sure nobody who doesn't belong in the building doesn't come into the building.... And I've never worked in a prison. Often you get to that guy after getting past an armed guard at a front gate... Somebody better call al the actors who live in Bell Air and work at the studios.... That security they pay extra for is imprisoning them.

Do you get that most HOAs have better security than the school they send their children to?

You bet your ass. A baseball bat is a deadly weapon... One hit to the skull, and your brains are on the sidewalk... I'm supposed to give you a free shot? Where does that rule come from?

Every office building I've ever worked in has an armed security guard at a front desk making sure nobody who doesn't belong in the building doesn't come into the building.... And I've never worked in a prison. Often you get to that guy after getting past an armed guard at a front gate... Somebody better call al the actors who live in Bell Air and work at the studios.... That security they pay extra for is imprisoning them.

Do you get that most HOAs have better security than the school they send their children to?

You'd be hard pressed to find a building around Canada with armed guards in it. Outside of a law establishment ie court, police stations, etc I couldn't name one.

You'd be hard pressed to find a building around Canada with armed guards in it. Outside of a law establishment ie court, police stations, etc I couldn't name one.

Why do they need guns?

Here, you may not notice the armed guard if you don't know what to look for... Many are just wearing a suit and tie....and they sit at a desk near the elevator.... They're often retired police officers... The gun is under the coat... Again... Nobody feels like they're in a prison.

City of Arlington municipal building. ( those aren't bowling balls)

You ought to see the things we had at the Spelling building.... I'll see if I can find a picture. No question they would stop a tracked vehicle.

Here we go... My office was right up there on the corner of the fifth floor.... It was a pretty awesome building... It was designed to have a TON of "corner offices"

See those planters and Obelisks out front??? Not just for decoration...

1240852697_lg.jpg

I'm having trouble taking anyone serious that is listing their 86 Fiero LS1.

:eusa_naughty: Not that it matters to you but after this comment my opinion of you changed.

Uncalled for.

I think you should keep the aggression and personal attacks in check, remember everyone has an opinion whether you like it or not or whether you are agreeing with it or not.

It's that freedom of speech you are trying to protect.

You ought to see the things we had at the Spelling building.... I'll see if I can find a picture. No question they would stop a tracked vehicle.

Here we go... My office was right up there on the corner of the fifth floor.... It was a pretty awesome building... It was designed to have a TON of "corner offices"

See those planters and Obelisks out front??? Not just for decoration...

RD do you have more photos? Very interesting concept.

Bill Clinton proposed putting police in schools after Columbine.... Democrats loved the idea then....

RD do you have more photos? Very interesting concept.

There are tons of photos on line. Shoot me a pm and ill give you the address.

I think the NRA needs to work on its image a little. It needs to come across as open and accessible considering what has happened, not just proposing about armed guards in schools and giving free ammo (no pun intended) to the gun control proponents to hit them over the head with.

Your first two questions make no sense. The answer to the third one is yes and I'm not trying to make a joke here but I'm having trouble taking anyone serious that is listing their 86 Fiero LS1.

Did you read my replies in context? Wheels commented on increased school security in Germany due to increased shootings. My point leads to when is it going to stop? When you're effectively sending children to prisons instead of schools. Second point, population was brought up. Fine, the US has a bigger population but a disproportionate amount of gun deaths. Double in fact.

What the fcuk does the type of car I drive have ANYTHING to do with it?? I didn't attack you because I think you wrapped your car in a retarded colour. You mad because I came up with some valid points or because you don't have any legitimate ones.

I'm up to anybodies views, its the reason why I joined in this discussion. I don't understand the views Americans have and maybe light could be shed on each others views. But I see clearly not everyone on both sides is willing to listen.

Guest Moss
:eusa_naughty: Not that it matters to you but after this comment my opinion of you changed.

Uncalled for.

I think you should keep the aggression and personal attacks in check, remember everyone has an opinion whether you like it or not or whether you are agreeing with it or not.

It's that freedom of speech you are trying to protect.

I was just trying to put the puzzle together Fortis and the Fiero was the final piece. I have zero agression and you have

never seen me in an attack mode. Sorry your opinion of me has changed, I still maintain the same opinion of you if that helps.

Guest Moss
Did you read my replies in context? Wheels commented on increased school security in Germany due to increased shootings. My point leads to when is it going to stop? When you're effectively sending children to prisons instead of schools. Second point, population was brought up. Fine, the US has a bigger population but a disproportionate amount of gun deaths. Double in fact.

What the fcuk does the type of car I drive have ANYTHING to do with it?? I didn't attack you because I think you wrapped your car in a retarded colour. You mad because I came up with some valid points or because you don't have any legitimate ones.

I'm up to anybodies views, its the reason why I joined in this discussion. I don't understand the views Americans have and maybe light could be shed on each others views. But I see clearly not everyone on both sides is willing to listen.

Refer to comment #453 Nothing has changed

Did you read my replies in context? Wheels commented on increased school security in Germany due to increased shootings.

No, I said that Germany virtually bans guns, yet still has the occasional school shooting.

Worth the watch for anyone involved in this thread.

Have you heard about the TV show "Desperate Housewives?"

The what Sir?

:lol2: