Gun control in US

Fortis

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How this group is not classified as a Hate group and is still receiving tax exempt status as a Church and truly fcuking up these young kids with no remorse is beyond me..

*Edited for disturbing image. It was a picture of westboro baptist kids holding the newest signs their sick fcuking parents are planning on protesting with*

Firefighters from Newtown, Connecticut, and elsewhere, have formed a human shield to block the promised picket by the Westboro Baptist Church, who call themselves “God Hates Fags.” The WBC promised to picket the funerals of the 20 children and six adults who were killed in Friday’s Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

new.jpg

Roman

How do the trusts work when purchasing new firearms or transferring an existing collection into the trust? I've never seen any options on MD paperwork to purchase a firearm as an entity other than a person. Also how would the trust keep the guns in your possession if infact there was an outright ban/turn in/ etc...?

Very interested in this. Also I'm assuming hi-cap mags cant be included in the trust since they do not have serial numbers??

Guest Moss
Hah...all 300 of those guns. Only a few hundred million more to go...

I agree, lol Why did those people have guns to begin with?

Roman

How do the trusts work when purchasing new firearms or transferring an existing collection into the trust? I've never seen any options on MD paperwork to purchase a firearm as an entity other than a person. Also how would the trust keep the guns in your possession if infact there was an outright ban/turn in/ etc...?

Very interested in this. Also I'm assuming hi-cap mags cant be included in the trust since they do not have serial numbers??

The person purchases the firearms... Fills out all the paperwork as himself...

Then transfers them INTO THE TRUST, which is a private document in most states. The transferor, no longer owns the firearm.... The trust does... As Trustee and Beneficiary the transferor enjoys the trust property in his lifetime. BTW, I would list EVERY ITEM ON THE TRUST SCHEDULE A... Every magazine, ETC...

If the sale of them ever gets outlawed, thats damned strong evidence that you possessed them prior to the law going into effect.

Update... My fear right now is increasing a bit... The Republicans screwed the pooch last night.... My worry is, Dems will back them into a corner on the "Fiscal cliff stuff" and create a situation where Republicans either VOTE for a fiscal cliff bill with all sorts of gun stuff attached, or LOSE THE HOUSE in 2014, and then Dems walk it across the goal line without challenge...

Obama is in a no lose situation here.... If Republicans do nothing, Taxes go up on EVERYBODY (OBAMA Supports this), Defense spending gets slashed (Obama supports this) and republicans get blamed for the ensuing recession (Obama supports this)

If Republicans cave and raise taxes on SOME but not others, some republican constituents may support primary challeneges against them in 2014 (Obama supports this).

Guest Moss
Update... My fear right now is increasing a bit... The Republicans screwed the pooch last night.... My worry is, Dems will back them into a corner on the "Fiscal cliff stuff" and create a situation where Republicans either VOTE for a fiscal cliff bill with all sorts of gun stuff attached, or LOSE THE HOUSE in 2014, and then Dems walk it across the goal line without challenge...

Obama is in a no lose situation here.... If Republicans do nothing, Taxes go up on EVERYBODY (OBAMA Supports this), Defense spending gets slashed (Obama supports this) and republicans get blamed for the ensuing recession (Obama supports this)

If Republicans cave and raise taxes on SOME but not others, some republican constituents may support primary challeneges against them in 2014 (Obama supports this).

You are 100 percent dead on here. Also, the FN SCAR 308 is one the finest assault rifles ever made. I had a dealer offer me his last one for 4500 today. 4 days ago it was 2500.00. Pretty sure he is the only dealer left with one in stock.We are in for some rough waters ahead indeed. This gun price is just an example. Actually, I don't think there is another assualt type rifle in stock anywhere. So we have let some 20 year old mental case move a mountain. What a weak, weak bunch of leaders and people we have in this country. Its shameful

Just saw this and passing along to LP:

New York governor Andrew Cuomo says the state of New York is serious about gun confiscation. The Democrat and former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development told an Albany radio station he plans to propose a package of legislation during his State of the State address next month.

“I don’t think legitimate sportsmen are going to say, ‘I need an assault weapon to go hunting,’” Cuomo said, according to the New York Times. “There is a balance here — I understand the rights of gun owners; I understand the rights of hunters.”

Cuomo indicated the state will likely force some kind of permit process on owners of semi-automatic “assault weapons.” In addition to generating revenue and expanding the size and reach of government, the effort will allow the state to confiscate the weapons of citizens who do not comply.

“Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it,” the governor said.

Guest Moss
At the risk of getting my head bit off, I'm just curious - why exactly do you need to own an assault rifle? Target practice? Hunting? Wall decoration? ....Self defense??? Can understand fascination with the mechanics and history of firearms, but the need/desire to own a semi-automatic is mysterious to me.

Why do you need a Lamborghini? You don't but you don't need the government banning the import of them do you? Its about liberty and choices.

Yes, of course. Then an armed officer in front of every day care, in front of every church, in front of every theme park, kids restaurant and every place that has more than 10 people.

You haven't been to any Jewish day cares in the Fairfax District I take it???

Or any Synagogues in the Fairfax district during the High Holy days? I remember VIVIDLY seeing a guy, WITH AN AR-15 Standing out in front of one right after 911.... And other times of the year... Trust me... you may not see the guns... BUT THEY ARE THERE.

Every theme park I KNOW OF, ALREADY HAS ARMED GUARDS ON THE STAFF.... You may not see them, but they are there....(Disneyland's wear Pith Helmets and are all off Duty Anaheim PD.... In FACT... Disneyland has an ANAHEIM PD SUBSTATION RIGHT ON THE PROPERTY...)

Kids restaurants dont need armed guards.... Just let the CCW holders carry there and everything will be FINE.

MOST inner city High Schools ALREADY HAVE A POLICE OFFICER ASSIGNED TO THEM.... LAPD has its own "school police division".

You know who doesnt have them??? The suburbs... Because theyre generally safe.

Los_Angeles_School_Police_Department_Patch.jpg

You haven't been to any Jewish day cares in the Fairfax District I take it???

Or any Synagogues in the Fairfax district during the High Holy days? I remember VIVIDLY seeing a guy, WITH AN AR-15 Standing out in front of one right after 911.... And other times of the year... Trust me... you may not see the guns... BUT THEY ARE THERE.

Every theme park I KNOW OF, ALREADY HAS ARMED GUARDS ON THE STAFF.... You may not see them, but they are there....(Disneyland's wear Pith Helmets and are all off Duty Anaheim PD.... In FACT... Disneyland has an ANAHEIM PD SUBSTATION RIGHT ON THE PROPERTY...)

Kids restaurants dont need armed guards.... Just let the CCW holders carry there and everything will be FINE.

I haven't been to any Jewish day cares, never had the need, but I'll take your word for it. How about the non-High Holy days? Kids aren't targets the rest of the year?

How about kids playgrounds? Hobby shops? How about arming the school bus drivers too just in case one the kids sneaked a gun on the bus.

What's to stop the Adam Lanzas from shooting their way through those armed guards and CCW holders.

Anyway, I'm sure you understand where I'm going with this.

I haven't been to any Jewish day cares, never had the need, but I'll take your word for it. How about the non-High Holy days? Kids aren't targets the rest of the year?

How about kids playgrounds? Hobby shops? How about arming the school bus drivers too just in case one the kids sneaked a gun on the bus.

What's to stop the Adam Lanzas from shooting their way through those armed guards and CCW holders.

Anyway, I'm sure you understand where I'm going with this.

No I absolutely dont know where youre going with it... The point I was making is, THOSE GUNS ARE ALWAYS THERE.... Sometimes though, THEY MAKE A POINT OF SHOWING THEM OFF FOR THE WORLD TO SEE....

When was the last time you heard of a mass shooting at a police station?

Or a Gun range?

Gun Store?

Do we need GUARDS every where? no... Of course not.... But ALLOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEM TO CARRY THEM.... And these incidents GO AWAY... SCHOOLS are ADVERTISED as "GUN FREE ZONES". Listen... If I was the head of a school district, I would simply announce "Our schools are no longer Gun Free.... We are putting plain clothes armed guards in every single one, and allowing licensed teachers to carry their guns..." Then I would put up signs "Armed guards on premises, CCW ALLOWED" on every school.

You wouldn't have to actually hire the guards.... And whether anybody ever actually came to school with their CCW or not, youve sent the message, "DONT BOTHER."

Do you get that criminals AVOID certain things??? Put an alarm sign in your front yard... Whether you buy the alarm system or not, your chance of getting burglarized goes down SIGNIFICANTLY just by having the sign!

Guest Moss
No I absolutely dont know where youre going with it... The point I was making is, THOSE GUNS ARE ALWAYS THERE.... Sometimes though, THEY MAKE A POINT OF SHOWING THEM OFF FOR THE WORLD TO SEE....

When was the last time you heard of a mass shooting at a police station?

Or a Gun range?

Gun Store?

Do we need GUARDS every where? no... Of course not.... But ALLOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEM TO CARRY THEM.... And these incidents GO AWAY... SCHOOLS are ADVERTISED as "GUN FREE ZONES". Listen... If I was the head of a school district, I would simply announce "Our schools are no longer Gun Free.... We are putting plain clothes armed guards in every single one, and allowing licensed teachers to carry their guns..." Then I would put up signs "Armed guards on premises, CCW ALLOWED" on every school.

You wouldn't have to actually hire the guards.... And whether anybody ever actually came to school with their CCW or not, youve sent the message, "DONT BOTHER."

Do you get that criminals AVOID certain things??? Put an alarm sign in your front yard... Whether you buy the alarm system or not, your chance of getting burglarized goes down SIGNIFICANTLY just by having the sign!

Im looking for Robs post " And the truth will set you free" Could not have said it better and very sensible solutions. It does not cost you but a few dollars and keeps the country the way it should be.