Gun control in US

Fortis

I love the trust idea. :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid:

This sounds like what my dad needs to look into.

Romandad are you referring to a NFA gun trust? I did a quick Google search on gun trust and came up with tons of results, figuring out which site has accurate information vs which is BS is a little tough given my lack of knowledge on the subject. One of the links I found was this one, does this have accurate information?

Can you sell weapons that are listed in the trust? My dad tends to keep everything he buys, but I am sure he would like the option to offload any that he doesn't like down the road. Is there anything else to know about a gun trust or anywhere I can get some more information to put in front of my dad?

TIA

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IF something serious looks like its pending, (Ill let you know) I may do a few quickie "gun trusts" for folks before it goes into effect... (I already have one... ALL my firearms are in it) You no longer own your guns. Your trust does. You... Your wife... Your kids.... Their kids are the "beneficiaries"... You are the trustee in your lifetime.... Then one or more of your kids... ETC... No future transfers... No illegality... The family keeps the guns forever.

RomanDad, how hard is it to do a gun trust?

BR

Guest Moss

Since the principle of schools can't carry a gun maybe they will allow him to deploy the next best thing

Anyone that has money should be only concerned with purchasing AR/M4 lowers, high capacity mags, and ammo for these weapons.

Hey Charlie, I see from your facebook that you are really into guns. I am wondering a few things. I've heard that ar's prices are really getting jacked up.

I'm coming to Arizona tomorrow. I am wondering:

Can a COLT AR-15 be bought in Scottsdale/Phx?

Can it be legally be brought back to California?

Anywhere there to buy and not get price gouged?

Hey Charlie, I see from your facebook that you are really into guns. I am wondering a few things. I've heard that ar's prices are really getting jacked up.

If and that's a big if you can find one it must be CA compliant. Then it would be transferred to a gun dealer in CA of your choice.

Best bet is to buy online and have it shipped to a dealer nearby. Just be sure it is CA compliant and that the seller will sharp to CA. It "should" be cheaper that way and you have more to choose from

Www.gunbroker.com is a good start

This sounds like what my dad needs to look into.

Romandad are you referring to a NFA gun trust? I did a quick Google search on gun trust and came up with tons of results, figuring out which site has accurate information vs which is BS is a little tough given my lack of knowledge on the subject. One of the links I found was this one, does this have accurate information?

Can you sell weapons that are listed in the trust? My dad tends to keep everything he buys, but I am sure he would like the option to offload any that he doesn't like down the road. Is there anything else to know about a gun trust or anywhere I can get some more information to put in front of my dad?

TIA

Some people call them "NFA Trusts". Because a way to get around the LEO sign off and the fingerprints has been to have a legal entity purchase the NFA items... And the easiest such entity to set up and administer is the TRUST....

A trust, is a TRUST, is a TRUST.... Whether it be set up to transfer a home, a china pattern or a Colt. Its an estate planning tool. Each state will have different rules on what is required to set one up, but they are EASY... You can buy software that will set up a trust... There are a few things you need to be sure about when setting one up for guns (namely that the guns dont go to a prohibited person or minor) but thats fairly simple too...

If and that's a big if you can find one it must be CA compliant. Then it would be transferred to a gun dealer in CA of your choice.

Best bet is to buy online and have it shipped to a dealer nearby. Just be sure it is CA compliant and that the seller will sharp to CA. It "should" be cheaper that way and you have more to choose from

Thanks! Yeah, it's going to be tricky. My business partner just bought one (non colt i forget the maker) yesterday and said it was 1800 bucks. Decent weapon with decent options but he said the price was way jacked up.

Some people call them "NFA Trusts". Because a way to get around the LEO sign off and the fingerprints has been to have a legal entity purchase the NFA items... And the easiest such entity to set up and administer is the TRUST....

A trust, is a TRUST, is a TRUST.... Whether it be set up to transfer a home, a china pattern or a Colt. Its an estate planning tool. Each state will have different rules on what is required to set one up, but they are EASY... You can buy software that will set up a trust... There are a few things you need to be sure about when setting one up for guns (namely that the guns dont go to a prohibited person or minor) but thats fairly simple too...

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

I was on there last night. The site was so slow, it was almost impossible to navigate.

You may try the Scottsdale Gun Club. They usually have tons of stock on all sorts of AR rifles, and I believe they are pretty knowledgable about rifles in general. They Advertise CA friendly on their website. With recent events, however, they may low on inventory. Generally though, they have a great store with all sorts of weapons and accessories.

If I already have a family trust can I just add a rider to it for this?

If I already have a family trust can I just add a rider to it for this?

I wouldnt do that... I would create a separate one just for the guns....

Unless you have an address in AZ, you cant buy a gun there.

Assman, Sounds like everyone answered your most important question. As for the Scottsdale Gun Club - the owner saw this coming and stocked up. SGC sold 637 AR's in a 72 hr period. As of yesterday morning they did not have any in stock. Everyone has orders incoming. US Auto Weapons that is next door to SGC does have their own AR lower platform for sale and I think they have some in stock. PMags are pretty much sold before the box is opened when they get delivered - online orders and their preferred customers that have order requests. SGC had a 10 mag limit per day for each individual.

In my eyes we will definitely see a future limit on magazine capacity. I am hoping that they will grandfather the existing high capacity magazines (like 30 round pmags) with existing AR platforms for example pre 2013 models (you will not be able to use these 30 round mags with any new firearm sold in 2013 - go by serial number). That is if they do not ban these AR platforms from being manufactured in the future.

How this group is not classified as a Hate group and is still receiving tax exempt status as a Church and truly fcuking up these young kids with no remorse is beyond me..

*Edited for disturbing image. It was a picture of westboro baptist kids holding the newest signs their sick fcuking parents are planning on protesting with*

^could you take that pic down? That's the most disgusting thing i've seen all year.

Can we all agree to just ignore them already?