New year, new plans..

Kisco

Kisco's build with proper scheduling can be completed in 6-8 WEEKS normally.

For the benefit of those who haven't read the entire thread, Kisco's build was originally planned to be a bolt-on. Once the bolt-on was completed (on time), Kisco decided to change the build to a stage 3. Because all the build slots were booked at the time, he had to go back in line behind the scheduled appointments so this took some extra time. Kisco knew this but was ok with it. It was here 4.5 months.

That is amazing time frame..I have seen shops hold customers cars for over a year.. On average seen 6 months..

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As amazing as this build is, I'm equally impressed that total turn-around time was less than 6 months. UGR seems to have this down to a science.

The last huge project at my facility was almost 6 months exact from the drop off date. This was an entire powertrain, electrical, braking, cooling system conversion including major body work - basically a restoration. I know how time consuming and how much planning goes into big projects. Another stellar job by UGR - as always.

Congrats again brother! The car looks fantastic and we all had a great night. I'm looking forward to a spectacular season. :headbang:

In for the first RACE GAS video. :-)

You know it's coming, Mike... :icon_mrgreen:

The last huge project at my facility was almost 6 months exact from the drop off date. This was an entire powertrain, electrical, braking, cooling system conversion including major body work - basically a restoration. I know how time consuming and how much planning goes into big projects. Another stellar job by UGR - as always.

Congrats again brother! The car looks fantastic and we all had a great night. I'm looking forward to a spectacular season. :headbang:

Always a pleasure hanging out brother! So glad to have a great group of guys! Looking forward to all that's to come.

Pretty cool to see how quick things can go once all ironed out. Is the machine work for the block done in house or outsourced?

We send the engines to Proline Racing in GA. They have been doing our engines for 10 years.

My internet was down the whole weekend (which was nice) but i'm glad to see you didn't end up in jail and the car looks/sounds great. Congrats!!

I missed this. Thanks, David!

Trying to arrange some race gas right now....I am getting used to pump gas. Kevin, how about I send it back for an R? You don't mind, do you? :icon_mrgreen:

(kidding)

As long as it is dry this weekend, I may have a video or two for you guys. :icon_thumleft:

We send the engines to Proline Racing in GA. They have been doing our engines for 10 years.

Can't argue with that choice. Prolly build the best turbo motors in the world IMO.

Don't forget I have a GoPro....

Just got my GoPro3 a few weeks ago, I am ready to put it to good use.. :icon_mrgreen:

Nice! Cant wait!

Me too!!

Been nothing but rain and thunderstorms the past 4 days here, and looks like the same for the weekend..=(

Sunday look like it will finally dry up so hopefully I can get something together then. :)

P.S. - The fuel man dropped off the good gas last night.. :icon_mrgreen:

Whats the proper way to "switch" the fuel, run it down until the gas light comes on then just load up c16?

Yup, I'll run the car's fuel level as low as possible before I pour in race gas (109)

Yup, I'll run the car's fuel level as low as possible before I pour in race gas (109)

I'm pleased to see, that whatever rust you may have acquired, due to NOT being in a fast car for a long time ... Is apparently only an extremely light coating of surface rust ...

Good to see you back on the horse ... Looking forward to the videos ...

Enjoy ... Be Safe ...

I'm pleased to see, that whatever rust you may have acquired, due to NOT being in a fast car for a long time ... Is apparently only an extremely light coating of surface rust ...

Good to see you back on the horse ... Looking forward to the videos ...

Enjoy ... Be Safe ...

Thanks brother.. :icon_thumleft:

All my plans just changed for this sunday :icon_mrgreen:

I texted God and he email mother nature, so I think we are going to have no rain.

Starting tomorrow weather is taking a turn for the better. It has been 80%+ humid with thunderstorms here the past 4 days.

I hope tomorrow to get some driving footage..:)

So I just got back from a little late night fun. Put some MS109 in for the first time and gave it a whirl. A buddy of mine with a bolt-on 2012 ZX10 wanted to be the first one next to me when trying this map for the first time. There was a gopro on his bike so I am waiting for him to send me the footage so I can share it with you guys.

Got on the empty expressway, slowed down to about 65 mph, paddled down to 3rd gear (bike was in 2nd), gave it WOT and redlined 3rd, 4th, and half of 5th. This is all I have to say....

omg.jpeg