Buying a Lambo during the winter

mrrammstein

Mileage at 3000kms isn't a massive plus compared to one with 10,000kms. And do you see any of those roadsters selling you are referring to?

Also the same car one year older with some more kilometres sold a few weeks ago for almost 40,000 less and it was at a dealer too. If you think a 2006 roadster is worth 189 then go for it.

Vancouver dealers ask stupid prices because they hope a chnese student will buy it as to them compared to what they would pay in china it's cheap

You mean the grey 05 with the grey interior that every other dealer in the country passed on? "Off" colours will sell for less, yes and that was a very well priced car. That doesn't change the fact that the car at LoV is possibly the lowest km / mile car in North America and the price is fully inline with any other "nice" car that's on the market... If you don't like the price of that one, you don't like the market pricing of Murci Roadsters in N. America.

And they're not pricing it for Chinese students - those kids don't buy old body styles :lol2:

Lowest mileage car in North America at 3000km. . . lol. There was an early Murci in Dupont last month with 189 miles.

But that grey car does look really nice. However, at that price point I would personally opt for a LP640 with more miles.

To me a 3000 km car is abused!

Abused as in never driven snd might need money to be put in proper operating shape! Tires might b shot, leaky shocks etc!

To the op , dont b afraid To buy a car with 20 k on it with good service records.... To me a car with low milage needs to b looked at as if it has 60 k miles.. These machines need to b driven and enjoyed properly.

Good luck with the search and post up some pics when its parked in its rightful place

Lowest mileage car in North America at 3000km. . . lol. There was an early Murci in Dupont last month with 189 miles.

But that grey car does look really nice. However, at that price point I would personally opt for a LP640 with more miles.

Yup and here is one for 150.....yes with more mileage but not enough to warrant 40 grand more.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...ME:B:SS:CA:1123

Yup and here is one for 150.....yes with more mileage but not enough to warrant 40 grand more.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...ME:B:SS:CA:1123

The car in Vancouver is Canadian (it still matters, even just a little), has 2k miles / 3k km and from an authorized dealer (always more expensive).

The car in Houston has 9X the mileage and those, um, unfortunate chrome wheels. Ignoring all other costs associated with importing, you still need to at least consider roughly $9,000 in duty. So, as they're advertised, the price delta is roughly $30,000.

I feel we're beating a dead horse here, but I'm genuinely curious...

What do you feel is a fair pricing delta between the car in Vancouver and the car in Houston?

The car in Vancouver is Canadian (it still matters, even just a little), has 2k miles / 3k km and from an authorized dealer (always more expensive).

The car in Houston has 9X the mileage and those, um, unfortunate chrome wheels. Ignoring all other costs associated with importing, you still need to at least consider roughly $9,000 in duty. So, as they're advertised, the price delta is roughly $30,000.

I feel we're beating a dead horse here, but I'm genuinely curious...

What do you feel is a fair pricing delta between the car in Vancouver and the car in Houston?

regardless of the asking price you can see that the cars are not selling at 180 or more asking. these cars are 150 to 160 cars if the owner wants to sell them. if they are holding on for a home run then they might get lucky. i sold my 2002 murcie with 15000 kms on it last month for 117,000. in 2 weeks, others who have been asking over 130,000 ( on the forum as well) have been sitiing on those cars for months and over a year in some cases. asking prices mean nothing, show me sales recently of 2005 to 2006 roadsters for 180 or more. im interested in that car in vancouver but would not pay anywhere near asking and all the dealers and leasing companies who monitor these cars are telling me its a 150 to 160,000 car

It comes down to what you want more between mileage, color, interior. Wheels can easily be changed.

At that price, I would go for this:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lamborghini-Murciel...e272&_uhb=1

or this

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lamborghini-Murciel...0d3f&_uhb=1

theres a white 2009 lp640 roadster in canada and the guy would take 210 as well. he was asking 229 but told me 210.

theres a white 2009 lp640 roadster in canada and the guy would take 210 as well. he was asking 229 but told me 210.

Sonny, if you're not buying that car, I'd be very interested... Can you PM me details?

I've bought several during winter, sucked having them in the garage but I loved the feeling of waitinf for spring/summer, it is a win-lose-lose-win sorta situation :icon_mrgreen:

• 1 month later...
Sorry for the hijack, but what makes you say it's over-priced? Where do you find a 3k km car for less? Certainly not going to get a better deal out of the US... All of the higher km cars seem to support that asking price... Just curious.

Back on topic - OP, now is the time to buy. Many dealers are already actively trying to stock up for the spring and the price you can get today could be hard to touch in a couple months. If everything is right about the car, jump on it!

HERES WHY IT WAS OVER PRICED!! 2008 LP640 Roadster from symbolic with 5000 miles for 199!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?t...&listType=1

Why not drive the cars in the winter? Roy drives his SV and hasnt reported any issues

Because in some parts of the US they use this horridly corrosive salt on the roads to clear the ice......In seattle I believe they use sand because of the wildlife and not having those chemicals seep into the streams.

Agreed, if it's the right car.. buy it, regardless of season.

:iamwithstupid:

I just picked up a 570SL in the middle of Ohio's winter just cause I had to have the car.

:iamwithstupid:

I just picked up a 570SL in the middle of Ohio's winter just cause I had to have the car.

Hey, love the SL : perfect color ! Is this the one that was at Excel ?

I've purchased 3 cars since November. If you like the car at a good price, get it now, it will only go up in the spring when the demand goes up