Murci wheel alingment

Kipper

Hi Members,

Can anyone assist with a good setup spec for an 02 Murci that will work reasonably well on the track but can still be

driven on the road with minimal tyre scrub?

Kipper

Hi Members,

Can anyone assist with a good setup spec for an 02 Murci that will work reasonably well on the track but can still be

driven on the road with minimal tyre scrub?

Kipper

Yes, buy a Gallardo and save yourself a ton of aggravation.

Sorry, I could not resist. I also own a Murci and think that tracking it is a total waste of time.

1015537[/url]']

Sorry, I could not resist. I also own a Murci and think that tracking it is a total waste of time.

Is Murci terrible on the track? I haven't tracked either gallard or murci. I wouldn't think either are brilliant

After 2 track day experiences I understand why you made this comment, I am not planning to convert the Murci to a dedicated track car

i just thought that for it to be as bad as it is it must need some major works done, alignment, tyres is a good place to make a basic start

Kipper

Maybe the LP670 has a more aggressive alignment than the standard cars.

With coilovers at all corners, I assume the caster/camber has a lot of adjustment from the factory too.

Sadly, I have to agree, the Murci's at least the roadsters, are definitely not track cars, and what you noticed is actually just how they are :) I think a set of race tires, would make it feel like what most cars do on street tires. lol. You just cant push these cars, they seem to have excessive understeer when pushed to the limits. The braking is fabulous on my car, but I just wouldnt feel comfortable tossing it around the track for anything more then 'fun runs' If I was attempting to do a good lap time or 'compete' with someone, this would NOT be the car. Pains me to say that, but its also why I picked up a new 2013 GTR :) to go with My Murci.

Murci = Show, GTR = Go.

You got another GTR? SWEEET!

YES SIR! I bought it last month, a brand new 2013 GTR Black Edition in Blue:

531564_10151245325422121_1672549157_n.jp

Here is much better photos of identical cars, but not a photo of my car, as I havent taken the time to do a proper photo shoot, but mine is the exact same color and layout as these two photos:

Car-Photography-Blue-GTR.jpg

And this one: (Except this one is a 2012 Black edition, because the Rear Trunk spoier is NOT carbon fiber, the 2013+ black editions have a $10k Factory Carbon Fiber rear decklid spoiler (see photo above).

7194404330_211e7cffb7_c.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How did the Stig get such a good result from a Gen 1 Murci if it's that bad on the track?

That's a great video......

You can drive the murcielago pretty fast but it iis not confidence inspiring in fast tighter corners. Long sweepers are no problem but You can feel it wanting to rotate around that big mid engine. Lotsa risk lotsa reward but not easy to go fast in .

• 2 weeks later...

I tracked mine at Donington Park recently, and it was a pretty terrifying experience. I'm confident it would have been a lot better with the standard 18" wheels. I think a RWD conversion would have been better too, as the 4wd confuses the way the car feels on the limit IMO. I did have a fair few pretty huge drifts in it though which put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

I'm probably going to the Nurburgring in it in April as my track car isn't ready, so that will be the ultimate decider. But as far as a comparison to my GT3 goes so far, the best description for my LP640 on 20/19" wheels in 4wd is definitely 'terrifying'.