Lambo Ad  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the ad?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you a Lamborghini owner?

• Yes
    • No

Hello everyone! My name is Franklin. I'm a marketing student from Augusta, GA. I, along with my group, were tasked to develop and present an ad. We chose to develop an ad for Lamborghini. The idea is that it would be a print ad in a magazine.

We would love your input and response to the poll. Feel free to be brutally honest if there is anything you can think of. The poll question is very simple but we would love any information you would feel privy to share such as age.

lambo.jpeg

Honest is exactly what we want. A lie wouldn't help us learn. Thank you!

No worries.. Just seems very boring and plain..

And if you are using an Aventador, USE the Aventador. A side profile of the car would be nice.

Get rid of the word "supremacy" from the ad all together.

If it was a brand new model that very few had seen, it might work. But not in this case. Enthusiasts surely know that it's the tail lights of the Aventador and their are plenty of cooler styling cues on the Aventador than those tail lights. Not to mention a pair of tail lights don't evoke anything extraordinary either. Non-enthusiasts see a set of tail lights and that's it. No relationship to the styling, the performance, the heritage etc... The image does not tie in with the slogan of "Supremacy" either. And as others had said, it really seems like a half-effort job.

Hope you won't mind the frankness.

If it was a brand new model that very few had seen, it might work. But not in this case. Enthusiasts surely know that it's the tail lights of the Aventador and their are plenty of cooler styling cues on the Aventador than those tail lights. Not to mention a pair of tail lights don't evoke anything extraordinary either. Non-enthusiasts see a set of tail lights and that's it. No relationship to the styling, the performance, the heritage etc... The image does not tie in with the slogan of "Supremacy" either. And as others had said, it really seems like a half-effort job.

Hope you won't mind the frankness.

:iamwithstupid: Agreed. A shot of the taillights it's more of a teaser than anything, and it doesn't tie with the theme of "Supremacy." Experiment with different angles of the car, the Aventador has some great side angles as well as front/side angles...the LED driving lights are the lights you want to use. Also, experiment with different them words...Lamborghini is about passion, power, and outrageous design. Supremacy doesn't really capture all of that.

My 2 cents.

Honesty:

-The taillights are not level

-The Lamborghini script is ill-placed, doesn't match the tail lights in scale or level.

-"Supremacy" with a gradient is not effective and doesn't match the brand as others have said.

What message do you want to convey? You need to entice me, draw me in.

Example, have a 3/4 shot into the interior with the door open, steering wheel in sight and have it say something like "Welcome to the ride of your life" then have at the bottom have dealer information or contact information or whatever you want.

It's a good try, but keep trying.

If you would have started with an image like this, the response here would have been a little different:

2ducuq1.jpg

I think if you had the front of the car facing forward with headlights on and in low light where you can make out some of the lines of the car with a title of "Don't be afraid of the dark, be afraid of what's in the dark." or "Adrenaline attached to a license plate." in a good script would be better. Just keep trying man :)

I think the picture need to be fixed on the lights. There is a lot of light noise and the Lambo logo was put there at random.

Work on the atmosphere of the pic, then i think the word "supremacy" is a bit much on the left IMHO.

If you would have started with an image like this, the response here would have been a little different:

2ducuq1.jpg

Yep, know your market.

Look at fantastic the "fake" Aston Martin Pre-owned viral pic as a impact maker.

I think if you had the front of the car facing forward with headlights on and in low light where you can make out some of the lines of the car with a title of "Don't be afraid of the dark, be afraid of what's in the dark." or "Adrenaline attached to a license plate." in a good script would be better. Just keep trying man :)

Oooo i like that...so much that I had to throw a quick mock up of it :icon_mrgreen:

Aaaaand of course I can't spell haha...

post-8919-1364590645_thumb.jpg

To be brutally honest, you should think about a new major if that is the best you can come up with.

Harsh, but fair.

Scumbag student:

Ask for "honest opinions"

Gets them. Disappears.

He'll be back.

Just left to grow some thicker skin.

To be brutally honest, you should think about a new major if that is the best you can come up with.

While there are some things he can do better, he is still a student and learning, we have all been there at some time or another. :)

While there are some things he can do better, he is still a student and learning, we have all been there at some time or another. :)

I would agree but you should probably have a little artistic aptitude and some concept of originality to start with.

I would agree but you should probably have a little artistic aptitude and some concept of originality to start with.

Agreed. The approach has been that wrong and inept he might as well be putting tampax ads in GQ magazine.

I kind of think coming to this forum and showing us the ad was a pretty smart idea. No matter how poorly executed his idea Lamborghini is a very difficult brand to advertise. It means something different to most people and due to the outrageousness of the product any fixed "on brand" message you try attach to it will end up polarzing the remainder of the audience that you specific message doesn't apply to. I don't drive my car to feel supreme not do I consider any lamborghini the supreme car. I winced when I saw his add. However I think the feedback here is really important and I hope he read it all. Advertising is a really difficult industry.