McLaren MP4-12C vs Ferrari 458 GoPro

FikseSTS

None of the races look close, haha. Mclaren is fast! Did the 458 use launch control at all? I drove a 458 for the first time the other day, and I have to admit I liked it, although not as much as my Mclaren.

The more vids the better as far as I'm concerned, but I also think you're demonstrating quite well why roll-on vids are so popular. Most people are interested in how the cars compare, and would rather see the drivers taken out of the equation to a large degree. No doubt the Mac is a very fast car, but you're killing people out of the hole so badly it's making other pretty fast cars look like 4-bangers by comparison! :icon_mrgreen:

yea, I got in the 458 with the driver beforehand and we figured out how to enable and use launch control.... the 458 launches at 3k RPM, but there isn't enough torque down low to really get it out as well as the McLaren..

None of the races look close, haha. Mclaren is fast! Did the 458 use launch control at all? I drove a 458 for the first time the other day, and I have to admit I liked it, although not as much as my Mclaren.

we were going to do some roll ons down the drag strip, but just ran out of time... the Ferrari go first on one the races, you can see it did take a while to catch up and pass.....

The more vids the better as far as I'm concerned, but I also think you're demonstrating quite well why roll-on vids are so popular. Most people are interested in how the cars compare, and would rather see the drivers taken out of the equation to a large degree. No doubt the Mac is a very fast car, but you're killing people out of the hole so badly it's making other pretty fast cars look like 4-bangers by comparison! :icon_mrgreen:

"But the real world is an entirely different animal. And in the real world, the 12C makes the 458 Italia look like it's powered by a lawnmower engine."

http://jalopnik.com/watch-a-mclaren-mp4-12...talia-472077407

someone needs to post this on fcrap!

im going to speak to the mclaren rep about getting you a P1 for testing ;)

yea, car has the factory sport exhaust....

easy to launch at 3k... not sure how long the car will let you hold the RPM's up though....

you running stock exhaust?

Also how tough uis it to co ordinate 3000 rpm

launch with go light?

you running stock exhaust?

Also how tough uis it to co ordinate 3000 rpm

launch with go light?

my car was just dyno'd with new exhaust and we had a 56hp gain! (just exhaust, no tune) these cars have alot of potential!

ill share all the details when it arrives.

my car was just dyno'd with new exhaust and we had a 56hp gain! (just exhaust, no tune) these cars have alot of potential!

ill share all the details when it arrives.

thanks looking into getting exhaust..you use fab speed or

others?

Mclaren Newport has system but no dyno results.

thanks looking into getting exhaust..you use fab speed or

others?

Mclaren Newport has system but no dyno results.

im not supposed to talk about it until the car is completed (about a week or so). ill pm you

im not supposed to talk about it until the car is completed (about a week or so). ill pm you

understand...don't forget....

Please PM me also...

Thanks

ill pm details to the guys interested by late today. you can pre-order this weekend!

i have the dyno sheets but i cant post yet :(

ill also have pics of all the SP parts next week! i heard the quality/fit/finish is unreal!

I love the mac, and honestly the 458 has recently grown on my in a huge way. About the race though. Would the fact that the 458 has 22s on the back of it slow it down a bit? Just curious. I would think that would hurt the cars performance. Correct me if im wrong but this is Jordans 458 right? it has 21s on the front and 22s on the back. Just wondering if it would actually be a closer race if it had stocks on it or the SL wheels on it.