1998 Lamborghini Pregunta Prototype for sale

Nath4N

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/find/4100_...?lCarID=1871813

bigf.jpg

biga.jpg

bigb.jpg

A rare Lamborghini Pregunta Prototype has cropped up for sale on Classic Driver. The vendor is a Parisian dealership called Autodrome. You might not have heard of the Lamborghini Pregunta Prototype but it is definitely an important piece of Lamborghini history. It represents that period of time before the VAG took over and at the point where Lamborghini started to get the balance sheet back on track.

This particular prototype was designed by the Italian Studio Heuliez-Torino. Many believe it to be the last fully Italian Lamborghini supercar. It was presented at the 1998 Paris Motor Show, followed shortly after by an appearance at the 1999 Geneva Motor Show. It was a completely working prototype, featuring a 520hp V12 engine. The chassis is that of a Lamborghini Diablo.

Compared to the Diablo, the structure is a lighter. It was designed to be a convertible with the option to create a closed Berlinetta layout. Only one ever made it into existence and it is currently road legal. The exterior is finished in a silver paint job with a blue interior.

gtspirit.com

The Lamborghini "Question"? In my opinion, I think the looks are pretty questionable...

The story is pretty sweet though. Certainly a cool car.

RagingBull needs to get this to park next to his Veneno.

I received a bunch of texts, emails and phone calls about this today. So many people thought of me when they saw this that I felt like... my addiction is very well known! :headbang: :eusa_wall: :icon_mrgreen:

I love it! Very cool car and way ahead of its time. I see a little Veneno, Sesto, Zonda, etc. Thanks for sharing!!

I wonder what this prototype will go for??!!! I am interested, but I am already working on getting a rare car and don't have the time at the moment to start working on another car deal.

Speaking of which, I have received (4) offers today from 3 different continents for my Veneno! Crazy. Everyone seems to want the green one. I have declined all, but the premiums being offered are getting insane.

I saw it doing a couple of laps of Spa-Francorchamps a couple of years back. At that moment, it was already for sale by Autodromes. Incredibly humble guy who brought it there. Drove it of the truck and started taking pictures like the rest of us enthusiasts :) . Sadly lost all mine due to a crashed laptop...

Not a big fan of the looks but still, I love unique and rare cars with interesting stories behind them. I don't mean to thread jack too much, but does anyone else remember the Italdesign Scighera?

Scighera_2.jpg

The Pregunta kind of reminded of this somewhat rare prototype from the same era. Sure it looks kind of ugly but I'd still love to own one just because it's so unique. Hell just the name "Scighera" sounds so cool it makes my spine tingle every time I say it.