Any pinball owners here?

Boner

Some on here may know I enjoy making electronic gadgets. Well, my favorite thing to do is bring dead pinball machines back to life. I grew up in the 1980s and love that era of electronics.... 4 bit sound that requires 4 microchips to make 8 sounds.

Pinball repair is sort of a lost art. I am the only person in my town of 500,000 that does it. That helps, as a broken pinball isnt worth much and I am therefore the only buyer. Some people will spend $200 to replace a single board, but I like to test the PCBs and replace the bad chips for $.05 a pop.

Does anyone else have a pinball machine? I have 9 right now that I am done with and selling. My newest is the Shaq Attaq by Gottlieb. I am most proud of my Baracorra and my Xenon. I bet you all remember Xenon. The best ass in pinball. She moans when you give her a quarter and hit her pop bumpers. She also tells you to give her a tube shot.

I sold my High Speed a couple weeks ago. Someone came for another pinball and offered my $1500 for it. I couldnt refuse. That is Countach Themed. Here are some pics:

Baracorra1.JPG

Baracorra2.JPG

Xenon3.JPG

Yeah! I remember those very well, I wasted a fair amount of my early teens playing those things..!

I suppose it would be cool to have one in your own house, though I imagine once the novelty wears off it probably wouldn't get much use..

Must be very satisfying to get a dead one up and running again though!

There are some that are boring, but there are so awesome ones out there. They make good drinking games to. The best is what I refer to as reverse strip pinball. You start out butt naked and you can put a piece of clothing on if you win a game.

I'm a pinball fan too. I own a Dracula machine (Bram Stoker theme), and a Frankenstein too (also movie themed). They do require a lot of maintenance if you play them often. My Frankenstein is currently messed up, has something to do with one of the boards, and I have been trying to get it fixed for a couple of years now. It is in someones shop right now in Atl.. has been there since Dec. You're not in the southeast are you Boner ?

That frankenstien looks pretty sweet! I have never owned a sega/data east. I do have a nice data east checkpoint backglass with a porsche on it. I am in Kansas. I wish I could give advice on repairing that. I have had about 40 pins in the past year that I have brought from the dead. I have only had gottlieb, williams, bally, stern, and atari. If you were close, I would have you bring it over and play around with it over a week and repair it.

Problem is that many problems can involve the playfield and the CPU or driver board. If you have an IC and transistor problem that led to a stuck solenoid, then it may be wise to replace the associated solenoid too.

I do have a ROM burner in the case that you have a bad ROM. I can send you some.

I just finished a wide body atari superman for my 5 year old son. It is pretty cool. It is a monster. Im hoping to get another high speed or white water.

Addams Family and Funhouse in my basement. Love pinball machines.

Sweet! I have never played the Adams Family, but I hear the magnetics and ceramic ball are sweet. I would like a Black Knight. I loved the magnasave.

Those are awesome! :) I would love to have a pinball machine, played them for hours when I was a kid. That is a cool hobby. Do you have any pics of the Shaq Attack one?

I have a World Poker Tour. Also have a Sega Viper Night Drivin, but it's currently broken, something wrong with the LCD driver board.

164928_752983877946_469857201_n.jpg

• 1 year later...

I'm also a pinball addict. Own a "Creature from the black lagoon"

DSC02909.JPG

DSC02958.JPG

new in the box AC/DC

DSC04567.JPG

and an Attack from Mars which is my favorite game :headbang: , but is still in restoration:

DSC03308.JPG

more games will come

I have 4. Stern: Playboy, Harley, Nascar.

Also a cool bowling machine that is pretty fun to play. I'm itching to get the LOTR and Avatar machines next.

Addams Family and Funhouse in my basement. Love pinball machines.

Had a perfect adams family in my house for years... regret selling that machine!!! Love Pinball machines

Some on here may know I enjoy making electronic gadgets. Well, my favorite thing to do is bring dead pinball machines back to life. I grew up in the 1980s and love that era of electronics.... 4 bit sound that requires 4 microchips to make 8 sounds.

Pinball repair is sort of a lost art. I am the only person in my town of 500,000 that does it. That helps, as a broken pinball isnt worth much and I am therefore the only buyer. Some people will spend $200 to replace a single board, but I like to test the PCBs and replace the bad chips for $.05 a pop.

Does anyone else have a pinball machine? I have 9 right now that I am done with and selling. My newest is the Shaq Attaq by Gottlieb. I am most proud of my Baracorra and my Xenon. I bet you all remember Xenon. The best ass in pinball. She moans when you give her a quarter and hit her pop bumpers. She also tells you to give her a tube shot.

I sold my High Speed a couple weeks ago. Someone came for another pinball and offered my $1500 for it. I couldnt refuse. That is Countach Themed. Here are some pics:

post-3000-1366491188_thumb.jpg

post-3000-1366491256_thumb.jpg

post-3000-1366491309_thumb.jpg

Xenon is a great machine, She has a great ass that says tilt across it LOL

i had about 17-20 machines in my vegas house, i left a few behind when i sold it, i'd guess i have 12-15 left. I like early 80's Bally machines the best.

A guy named Tim in Vegas has the largest collection in the world, he had a arcade with lots of them to play last i checked, there are lots of pin's in Vegas. Nick is a pinball machine tech in Vegas who kept all my machines perfect. If I had room i'd have 200+ of them.

my tattoo on my back is from the back glass from "Paragon", Thats how i'm into pinball. I dont know how to post pics if some one would shoot me their email i will send you a pic of my back tattoo, its about like my car collection infront of my house pic. I always do big shit, or i dont do it at all. LOL

Xenon is a great machine, She has a great ass that says tilt across it LOL

i had about 17-20 machines in my vegas house, i left a few behind when i sold it, i'd guess i have 12-15 left. I like early 80's Bally machines the best.

A guy named Tim in Vegas has the largest collection in the world, he had a arcade with lots of them to play last i checked, there are lots of pin's in Vegas. Nick is a pinball machine tech in Vegas who kept all my machines perfect. If I had room i'd have 200+ of them.

my tattoo on my back is from the back glass from "Paragon", Thats how i'm into pinball. I dont know how to post pics if some one would shoot me their email i will send you a pic of my back tattoo, its about like my car collection infront of my house pic. I always do big shit, or i dont do it at all. LOL

Thats cool. I have owned a couple paragons. Some days I have 3 machines, some days I have 15. I do have a hit list for certain machines I want to keep around. I am into Williams. I liked their design. I did a pretty full restoration on my black knight and I just finished a total restoration on an F-14 Tomcat. In the picture, you can see it was so shiny that the black knight reflection is in it. I got it done and I didnt like the game play! So, I sold it. I am on the hunt for a space shuttle to restore.

f14.JPG

f142.jpg

"Flash" is a great Williams pin,

Speaking of Flash, I think Bally Flash Gordon is pretty awesome. Thats another on my list.

PM Sent.

Pictures from Eric! He said these took over 360 hours to complete over 4.5 years!!!!!

post-24965-1401487781_thumb.jpg

post-24965-1401487796_thumb.jpg

The inspiration:

1755f1.jpg

image-7.jpg