Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

There is nothing wrong with the current V10, we should wait for official confirmation of the running gear before we dismiss it or speculate further.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine it is not the same engine but similar engine architecture... "That" V12 evolved over a few year and we know from the turbo gallardos that the engine is capable of holding big power.

They are playing it very safe and very conservative on the specs given out so far.

Ferrari 458 Speciale 4.5 liter engine has an output of 600 hp (they added an extra 5 due to the air overboost at 200 mph but that's not the way to measure an egine power so they are 600 and not 605 as claimed).

I do not know what the exact power of the new Deimos will be, but it will be in the 600 area and it will be a 5.4 liter, bigger than MP4 and 458 engines: "there is no replacement for displacement"... :D

ciao

I would imagine it is not the same engine but similar engine architecture... "That" V12 evolved over a few year and we know from the turbo gallardos that the engine is capable of holding big power.

They are playing it very safe and very conservative on the specs given out so far.

:iamwithstupid:

Fuel economy/emissions were surely the two main focuses of the new engine's development as it's certainly not tough to get 600+ HP out of it as you mentioned.

:iamwithstupid:

Fuel economy/emissions were surely the two main focuses of the new engine's development as it's certainly not tough to get 600+ HP out of it as you mentioned.

They did so well with the Aventador, Egoista, and Veneno, those are Lamborghini's, only to go and worry about emissions on the Gallardo replacement?

Stupid.

They did so well with the Aventador, Egoista, and Veneno, those are Lamborghini's, only to go and worry about emissions on the Gallardo replacement?

Stupid.

Meaning, the target power output of the engine is fairly easy for them to achieve so the focus falls on other corporate goals...i.e., fuel economy and environmental impact. Nothing wrong with that imo, so long as HP levels are where they need to be. Porsche and Ferrari have also been similarly focused on those areas with each new model release as well.

Stupid.

The three cars you've listed share the same V12, worrying about emissions isn't a choice, they have requirements to meet, am I missing something here? :eusa_think:

The three cars you've listed share the same V12, worrying about emissions isn't a choice, they have requirements to meet, am I missing something here? :eusa_think:

Actually the Egoista has a 600hp V10. But, I 100% agree with you.

Actually the Egoista has a 600hp V10. But, I 100% agree with you.

Damn, I should've known that, I was there when they revealed it, I was so bummed they didn't show us the Gallardo replacement that I never cared about Egoista's technical aspects :icon_mrgreen:

The point I was trying to make was that all engines used in the cars Fortitude mentioned are existing motors which meet all emission requirements.

Ferrari 458 Speciale 4.5 liter engine has an output of 600 hp (they added an extra 5 due to the air overboost at 200 mph but that's not the way to measure an egine power so they are 600 and not 605 as claimed).

I do not know what the exact power of the new Deimos will be, but it will be in the 600 area and it will be a 5.4 liter, bigger than MP4 and 458 engines: "there is no replacement for displacement"... :D

ciao

Deimos?

Deimos?

If I'm right, Deimos is one of the names for Rosso (Red) Color.

There is a name 'Rosso Deimos' for Urus's exterior paint.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be no '630hp'..

Usually S.p.A. release model with 'even' number.

(*at least the first year of debut)

If I'm right, Deimos is one of the names for Rosso (Red) Color.

There is a name 'Rosso Deimos' for Urus's exterior paint.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be no '630hp'..

Usually S.p.A. release model with 'even' number.

(*at least the first year of debut)

You got the * in before I could say the LP-570, LP-650 and LP-670 would like to have a word with you. ;)

from the looks of it, the architecture is very little changed from the old gallardo. I would dare venture to say layout is essentially same, body panels changed, windshield side glass same, engine same v-10 but tweaked with 30 hp + and coupled with new faster tranny... Mainly reduction in weight through body panel and chassis weight reductions. Revised interior. chassis essentially same as well. From a manufacturers perspective, this latest variant is probably not as drastic as the aventador in terms of starting with a fresh ground up design... Still, the g has always been able to hold its own for all these years... changin the tranny and lightening it up a bit certainly can keep it fairly competitive. Especially in the junior super car segment, I think 650-700hp is where manufacturers will be capping their outputs so that there is a nice gap between their halo models. Nevertheless, the gallardo chassis with 4wd, more power , faster tranny, lighter weight I think can stay fairly competitive for the next 4-5 years at least... This mini bull replacement is like Ferrari did the 360 and then to the 430... definite differences but chassis and engine layout overall the same with minor tweaks to save on development costs.

I've spent a bit of time with a 2013 GTR, very very fast out of the box but felt as heavy as a plane carrier, having said that I really like the GTR for what it is, it's an outstanding car but it lacks few of the attributes which make an exotic car, if it didn't lack those you'd just buy one and call it a day, the only thing I was thinking about was 600 HP + in a 20% lighter package with a screaming exhaust and looking like a missile, that equals perfection for me, I can't wait to get mine!

You got the * in before I could say the LP-570, LP-650 and LP-670 would like to have a word with you. ;)

That's why I said 'first release'.

LP 570 is based from LP 560, Murciélago 650 and 670 are based from LP 640 :)

My guess would be 620 HP

I bet one cent on 607, two more than the Ferrari 458S (fake) 605 hp

I don't think they knew about the 458S HP rating during the development stages.

who knows: let's see.

ciao

Lots of talk about engine output, displacement and horsepower. One thing that makes me curious though, is there anybody that knows what a Lambo V10 weighs? And compared with the Ferrari and McLaren engines?

It sure feels like a heavy piece when driving!

Lots of talk about engine output, displacement and horsepower. One thing that makes me curious though, is there anybody that knows what a Lambo V10 weighs? And compared with the Ferrari and McLaren engines?

It sure feels like a heavy piece when driving!

That or more importantly weight is definitely a factor in this upcoming car.

The additional cylinders plus carrying the 4wd components and the double clutch the car has a got some weight problems to contend with along with the obligatory safety equipment.

The McLaren gets that carbon tub whereas the G replacement gets bonded technology, it all does make me think that the car is just a re-dusting of the G platform with a mild retweaking here and there.

The Aventador has a carbon tub and it's still a heavy car, the tub/chassis certainly makes a difference but it seems more in some and less in others, I was expecting the Aventador to be a sub 1500 kg car when they were talking about it during its development stage, the heavier engine and AWD is definitely a concern when it comes to weight but they've talked about a car lighter than the outgoing 560, so who knows?