Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

H looks great but stop start really sucks. Drive a car with it and you will agree. This is not limited to Lambo but to all new cars due to regulations.

It may save a thimble of fuel but it kills batteries, causes engine wear and requires a much heavier electrical system.

:iamwithstupid:

Such useless unnecessary system.

You can switch it off, if you have it on and you light on the brakes when stopped at a set of traffic lights it doesn't come on, if the wiring harness is heavier unfortunately there is nothing you can do about that.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

H looks great but stop start really sucks. Drive a car with it and you will agree. This is not limited to Lambo but to all new cars due to regulations.

It may save a thimble of fuel but it kills batteries, causes engine wear and requires a much heavier electrical system.

I mentioned this earlier and still think it will be an issue as well. It's designed to reduce emissions but the system just isn't right. There are times at the light when the engine shuts off then starts up again in the span of a second or so, very annoying and likely using more fuel than if we were just to idle. To those that say it can be defeated in a variety of ways, sure but who wants to be at the light with the wheels angled or only feathering the brake, not wise to be devising workarounds.

In my DD when I come to a full stop I actually have to press the brakes a touch harder than I would normally do and only then the system engages, it's quite weird but I can control it every single time with very little effort.

The only thing I've noticed in a very hot day with the engine off the AC runs out of steam very quickly and you get that "stale" air smell until the engine kicks in again, useless system and I agree about engines using slightly more fuel at a start up than sitting idle for a short period, at least this car doesn't have cylinder deactivation.

I mentioned this earlier and still think it will be an issue as well. It's designed to reduce emissions but the system just isn't right. There are times at the light when the engine shuts off then starts up again in the span of a second or so, very annoying and likely using more fuel than if we were just to idle. To those that say it can be defeated in a variety of ways, sure but who wants to be at the light with the wheels angled or only feathering the brake, not wise to be devising workarounds.

You are correct but unfortunately the world is currently all caught up with this green issue which, for these cars, makes no sense at all but manufacturers need to obey the regs. All the new Lambo's with start/stop are default to start at auto mode from the e-gear too. So we must put the e-gear back to manual and switch off start-stop before pulling away. It seems the Aventador is extremely sensitive to the position of the wheel; the slightest variance from dead centre will defeat the start/stop although no system is better than any system regardless of how easy it is to defeat it.

I probably had one of the lightest Gallardo Super G back in 2008 (not the last gold one but the white one): I swapped out the chunky seats that came with the car with the carbon ones, the car was ordered with deleted stereo (the cavity had a CF plate with a Lamborghini script on it, no speakers), it also had CCB and I swapped the Scorpio wheels with Dymags. The car came in at 1531kg with 1/3 tank of fuel. That's about 3375lbs.

1531 kg, that's a lot more than I expected and quite disappointing to learn, after all factory weight claims should be taken with a grain of salt.

I want a 1250 kg full weight 600 HP factory car! :eusa_dance:

I put my 2013 LP570 Superleggera on a digital scale and with 10 gals of gas it weighed 3360lbs.

Add another 100lbs when it's a full tank. It's close to 3500lbs full tank.

You are correct but unfortunately the world is currently all caught up with this green issue which, for these cars, makes no sense at all but manufacturers need to obey the regs. All the new Lambo's with start/stop are default to start at auto mode from the e-gear too. So we must put the e-gear back to manual and switch off start-stop before pulling away. It seems the Aventador is extremely sensitive to the position of the wheel; the slightest variance from dead centre will defeat the start/stop although no system is better than any system regardless of how easy it is to defeat it.

I probably had one of the lightest Gallardo Super G back in 2008 (not the last gold one but the white one): I swapped out the chunky seats that came with the car with the carbon ones, the car was ordered with deleted stereo (the cavity had a CF plate with a Lamborghini script on it, no speakers), it also had CCB and I swapped the Scorpio wheels with Dymags. The car came in at 1531kg with 1/3 tank of fuel. That's about 3375lbs.

Same as above, add in another 16 gallons at 6.5lbs give or take of gas and your close to 3500lbs. If you get rid of awd and lose the diff and axles up front you can get under 3400lbs with a full tank.

Until someone shows a graph a scale at full weight under 3400lb in a awd configuration, I'm thinking it really hard to do if not impossible.

(Allan lambo I believe) he had an early version without front lift.

I didn't know what to expect with the replacement of my favorite exotic car… I am still waiting for the newer version of one of my most favorite cars I have driven and owned, the NSX.

With what I see and what I hear, I will definitely be interested in one of these beauties. Tom Brazill sent me an invite for the viewing, very excited!

I just wish they chose a different color combo to debut the car! Pricing is most likely going to start around 230-240k and go up in options. I love the look of it, the rear could have been a bit more aggressive, but the performance numbers for an out of the box vehicle are amazing. Performance of a GTR with the look, feel and exotic ownership of a Lamborghini! The interior looks dope too! Imagine this car with a carbon lip kit...

Performance of a GTR would be spectacular. I truly hope so but knowing the GTR's performance at all cost, it will be a hard act to follow but Lambo wins on almost all other fronts look and feel, brand and interior. We will wait to see how they grill it against the GTR.

Just realized that these images were from another site. If its not allowed just let me know and I will delete...

LamboCARS is well liked around here. Heck half of the pictures in this thread are his renders. I think you are fine!

I really don't get the mini Aventador comments, it's the same brand they use the same design language certain influences are expected but it looks nothing like an Aventador, not that it would be anything wrong with it because the Aventador is the hottest car on the planet right now.

The cars have completely different lines, they look related as they should but they look very different if you pay careful attention to details.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I really don't get the mini Aventador comments, it's the same brand they use the same design language certain influences are expected but it looks nothing like an Aventador, not that it would be anything wrong with it because the Aventador is the hottest car on the planet right now.

The cars have completely different lines, they look related as they should but they look very different if you pay careful attention to details.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I agree 100.0%